• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/47791/felton-over-lin-are-the-knicks-lin-sane

Like you can say whatever you want about Lin not being real but pretending like he didn't actually have a solid season last year is ridiculous.
Why not? When it looked like Lin was a sure bet to be resigned GAF sure treated Lin like a overrated bum. Suddenly he'll walk and people clowning Knicks for not matching for this future HoFer?

EDIT: Why are people comparing last year's Felton? Dude hated Portland, feuded with the coach, was fat, and generally gave zero fucks.

pilonv1

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/47791/felton-over-lin-are-the-knicks-lin-sane

Like you can say whatever you want about Lin not being real but pretending like he didn't actually have a solid season last year is ridiculous.

Talk about a small sample size

75 plays
200 plays
90fga off dribble (YNB would probably do that in 5 games).

Pick N Roll - Felton was 38th. Lin was still 26th. Out of 41. So both were below average.

All these stats suggest Lin has to have the ball in his hands anyway. Which he'll never do in Iso Mike's offense that revolves around Melo.

Never seen so much talking over two guards who'd be lucky to start on mid lottery teams.

squicken

It ridiculous for the Knicks to say that the last year of Lin's contract would cost them $35M+ in tax. The Knicks would have to pay so much tax because of all the max contracts they've already given out. Melo and Amare contributed much more to the tax penalty than any contract Lin could've been given.

I agree with what you're saying in general, especially wrt Amare. But Lin hasn't demonstrated on a basketball court that he should ever be paid $15/m in a given season.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
It ridiculous for the Knicks to say that the last year of Lin's contract would cost them $35M+ in tax. The Knicks would have to pay so much tax because of all the max contracts they've already given out. Melo and Amare contributed much more to the tax penalty than any contract Lin could've been given.

I heard SAS saying this was more money then what CP3 would be getting or some garbage like that. So laughable since its only astronomical because of the Knicks cap problems.

3 years 24 million is barely above Jameer Nelson money. It's not even Mike Conley money. The Rockets aren't paying him some astronomical figure.

I heard SAS saying this was more money then what CP3 would be getting or some garbage like that. So laughable since its only astronomical because of the Knicks cap problems.

3 years 24 million is barely above Jameer Nelson money. It's not even Mike Conley money. The Rockets aren't paying him some astronomical figure.

I feel as if $15 million in the third year for an unproven point guard in a league filled with solid point guards is pretty astronomical. On the plus side it'll be a big expiring contract then.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I feel as if $15 million in the third year for an unproven point guard in a league filled with solid point guards is pretty astronomical. On the plus side it'll be a big expiring contract then.
It's just what the Rockets have been doing. They got the Bulls the same way with Asik. I think Asik is more expensive (or just as expensive), amazingly.

linsivvi

I agree with what you're saying in general, especially wrt Amare. But Lin hasn't demonstrated on a basketball court that he should ever be paid $15/m in a given season.

Then the Knicks' FO should just let him go and stop being so bitter about it and play hide and seek. That's just so juvenile.

You can look at it as $15M in a season or a little more than $8M for 3 seasons. Nobody has seen enough to say that he's worth that much, but if you look at the kind of ridiculous contracts being given to mediocre players this summer and the fact that the team he's with will be able to make the money back anyway, I don't see anything wrong. That $15M season could also be useful to teams looking for a big expiring.

Maybe not worth it to a team trying to win, but he has every right to find the best deal he can get.

Kevtones

My big takeaway from summer league is that CWebb is a really awesome. When he's not being insightful (and he is in his analysis), he's dropping some late 90s player reference/nostalgia. It's fucking potent.

SamuraiX-

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick
For what it's worth, Kings fans, I'm told your team did not put a bid in for Luis Scola on the amnesty waiver wire. He went to Phoenix.

Make the only bid on Travis Outlaw after he was amnestied and pick him up for $3M/yr for 4 years.

Don't even make a bid on Luis Scola for $4-5M/yr for 3 years when the 3rd year only ~$400K is guaranteed.

QSLT8.png

Yes, I realize I was pissed off earlier just hearing that the Kings were being so cheap as to only look at players on the amnesty wire. So why I am I contradicting myself now? Fuck the Maloofs. That's why.

Finally watched 'Scott Pilgrim' tonight on TV.

GAF has no fucking taste in films.

I'd rather read through more NeoCavs members meandering than sit through that horseshit again.

And I yes, I got it.

No I didn't read the comics.

Movie was still harrible.

Branduil

I'd rather read through more NeoCavs members meandering than sit through that horseshit again.

And I yes, I got it.

Never watched the movie or read the comics, it always looked too hipster for me. Michael Cera being the main character doesn't help my desire to watch it any.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

And I yes, I got it.

You should know to never really trust GAF's tastes on movies or games. Well, most of GAF, anyway.

linsivvi

after watching gaf drool over the abominations that were captain america and the hunger games.............I agree with this statement.

I didn't say all the movies read my previous post i said most of em. And godfather is the biggest culprit to this horrid editing. They can spend like a whole 10 mins in one location, that's some boring crap movie if you ask me. If y'all like acting like those classic movies are the ish, then well and good, but I wont sit at home alone pretending to like something coz the world called it the best thing EVER made. I'd rather pop in a lord of the rings, game of thrones or some other well made movie.

Emwitus

Oh c'mon guys! lol I can't believe how anyone can sit through any godfather movie without being forced to. Never said it was bad just BORING.

Omega

Banned
Imagine how good the Knicks would be if they'd never traded for Melo.

We were actually a watchable team. I see people don't really like Felton but he did a pretty decent job. Amar'e also was useful and not a decoration on the court thanks to him.

I'm still pissed about that trade.

The Knicks could have had All-Star David Lee, Gallo, some draft picks and a bunch of cap space.

They let Lee go in favor of Amar'e.

Yeah but thats not the whole story and honestly he was the Knicks best player last season. They do not make the playoffs without linsanity...

And I yes, I got it.

yeah the movie was terrible. its not even a hipster thing, i dont even know who the comics or movie appeals to

i cant even remember if i rented it on netflix or if i saw it in the theaters. i hope i didnt waste money seeing it when it came out..

SamuraiX-

Jason Jones
One more note from Petrie's media time. Isaiah Thomas did finish the end of the season playing with a broken bone in his hand. Team figures no need to risk another injury to his hand. Thomas is also finishing up his degree and played a lot.

What a fucking boss.

<3

I think this coming season I actually have to pick a team to follow, rather than being a 'fan of basketball' not bothered about glory just wanna see good ball being played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom