• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emwitus

Seriously, he makes more appearances in this thread than anyone else.

1183019_o.gif

h3ro

SAS going off on Lin on Sportscenter :lol

Had an entire Question/Answer segment with himself.

Is he a SUPASTAA? NO
Is he a supastaa facilitata? NO
and so on.

This nonsense is getting worse that the Dwight stuff here in NY. Getting sick of it.

Match. Don't match. Whatever.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Winderman: Lin’s offer sheet not problem, Knicks entire payroll is

This is where many get the NBA luxury tax wrong: The third year on the offer sheet extended by the Rockets to Jeremy Lin will not cost the Knicks $43 million when factoring in the luxury tax, as some have extrapolated.

It will cost the Knicks the $15 million on the third year of that contract.

The excess payroll will cost the Knicks $43 million.

And that is a point executives familiar with such situations are quick to point out: Just because a player is the last, or latest, contract added to a team’s salary pool, it doesn’t make it the one that puts the team into — in this case, excessively into — the luxury tax.

It is the sum of the entire payroll.
In 2014-15, the season of excess in the Rockets’ offer sheet to Lin, Anthony and Stoudemire each will be earning $23 million, with Chandler earning $15 million.

That is why the tax is an issue.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....r-sheet-not-problem-knicks-entire-payroll-is/

Walsh

Banned
If Lin was not Asian Harvard Grad, would he be getting all this attention?

He didn't even get his masters did he? Doesn't sound very smart or driven to me.

Walsh

Banned
I don't hate the guy, but he seems a lot like Tebow. He is hardcore religious and wants to become a pastor so the christian media has inflated his emergence a bit.

He is a good PG sure, but worthy of all this attention? I just don't see it and the ulterior motives for the media to bump him up (his ethnicity, religious background, education background, etc...) are too obvious to ignore.

Mxrz

SAS going off on Lin on Sportscenter :lol

Had an entire Question/Answer segment with himself.

Is he a SUPASTAA? NO
Is he a supastaa facilitata? NO
and so on.

This nonsense is getting worse that the Dwight stuff here in NY. Getting sick of it.

Match. Don't match. Whatever.

He did this yesterday for 2 hours. Pretty sure he's just as big a clown as Skip.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I don't hate the guy, but he seems a lot like Tebow. He is hardcore religious and wants to become a pastor so the christian media has inflated his emergence a bit.

He is a good PG sure, but worthy of all this attention? I just don't see it and the ulterior motives for the media to bump him up (his ethnicity, religious background, education background, etc...) are too obvious to ignore.

You're right some no name 23 year old point guard who got cut by a bunch of different teams and came from the d-league putting up monster stats against teams like the Lakers and the Thunder and have an overall solid season out of nowhere and play in a market like New York are totally common place. Totally don't get why people would make a big deal out of just that.

PBY

Banned
You're right some no name 23 year old point guard who got cut by a bunch of different teams and came from the d-league putting up monster stats against teams like the Lakers and the Thunder and have an overall solid season out of nowhere and play in a market like New York are totally common place. Totally don't get why people would make a big deal out of just that.
Didn't even get his masters

As a native New Yorker, I am absolutely disgusted by the Knicks front office brass and the idiotic nepotism behind MSG. No one, and I mean absolutely no one, should be a fan of the Knicks. With the most repugnant front office and ownership, in a league with Dan Gilbert and Donald Sterling, paving the way, this franchise is doomed to ephemeral bouts of mediocrity interspersed throughout decades of filth. This Lin signing debacle ought to serve as a cautionary tale to any of the remaining uninitiated: fuck the Knicks.

Walsh

Banned

A bunch of different teams? He was with GS and Houston. He didn't come out of nowhere either, he had a good college career and a great overseas appearance where he won MVP in a international tournament and was recruited by Yao Ming. The Knicks were the first team he got significant minutes with and he is still a turnover machine. He reminds me a lot of Mo Williams with the Cavs who made an all star game because of Lebron but is now coming off the bench for the Clippers.

This is the not a poor to riches story either, he comes from an incredibly wealthy and powerful family (how do you think he got to Harvard?). He is a media darling because he is incredibly marketable due to his background characteristics. If he did not have these certain features (say he was just another black kid from Brooklyn) he would not be on TV nearly as much.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
It's bullshit but I don't think anybody in Orlando cares.

Would be nice if he had to show up in street clothes just so theres a reason to show up to games.

Winderman: Lin’s offer sheet not problem, Knicks entire payroll is

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....r-sheet-not-problem-knicks-entire-payroll-is/

Yup.

I don't get why people are saying "Lin's 3rd year will fuck up the Knicks" yea kinda I guess, but the Knicks will be fucked every year regardless, they have to decide if they want to get fucked with or without Lin.

It's not like they can offer Lin's contract to someone else or break it up and give to two different players. If Lin wasn't a RFA he'd be gone already, Knicks would still suck and Dolan would still have to pay a huge luxury tax.

This is just Knicks being Knicks.

A bunch of different teams? He was with GS and Houston. He didn't come out of nowhere either, he had a good college career and a great overseas appearance where he won MVP in a international tournament and was recruited by Yao Ming. The Knicks were the first team he got significant minutes with and he is still a turnover machine. He reminds me a lot of Mo Williams with the Cavs who made an all star game because of Lebron but is now coming off the bench for the Clippers.

This is the not a poor to riches story either, he comes from an incredibly wealthy and powerful family (how do you think he got to Harvard?). He is a media darling because he is incredibly marketable due to his background characteristics. If he did not have these certain features (say he was just another black kid from Brooklyn) he would not be on TV nearly as much.

Also, he doesn't love basketball, he just plays in the NBA because it looks good on his med school app.

linsivvi

This is the not a poor to riches story either, he comes from an incredibly wealthy and powerful family (how do you think he got to Harvard?).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Lin#cite_note-30

In July 2005, then-Harvard assistant coach Bill Holden saw that Lin was 6 feet 3 inches (1.91 m), which fit the physical attributes he was seeking, and he had a 4.2 grade point average in high school, which fit Harvard's academic standards. However, Holden was not initially impressed with Lin's on-court abilities, and told Lin's high school basketball coach, Peter Diepenbrock, that Lin was a "Division III player". Later that week, Holden saw Lin playing in a much more competitive game, driving to the basket at every opportunity with the "instincts of a killer". Lin became a top-priority for Holden.[25] Harvard coaches feared that Stanford, close to Lin's home,[note 2] would offer Lin a scholarship, but it did not, and Lin chose to attend Harvard.[26] "I wasn't sitting there saying all these Division I coaches were knuckleheads," Diepenbrock said. "There were legitimate questions about Jeremy."[27] Joe Lacob, incoming Warriors' owner and Stanford booster, said Stanford's failure to recruit Lin "was really stupid. The kid was right across the street. [If] you can't recognize that, you've got a problem."[28] Kerry Keating, the UCLA assistant who offered Lin the opportunity to walk-on, said in hindsight that Lin would probably have ended up starting at point guard for UCLA.[29]

But feel free to make up bullshit, NeoCavs.

I thought Cavs fans were annoying when they were writing dissertations about why Mo Williams deserved to be a first-ballot All Star and how Terrence Kinsey would be a player in this league

but NeoCavs is something else completely

Wizman23 come back

SamuraiX-

InsideHoops.com ‏@InsideHoops
Brooklyn Nets have signed Jerry Stackhouse. #NBA

How is this guy still in the league? He has looked so done ever since he left Dallas.

InsideHoops.com ‏@InsideHoops
NY #Knicks sign forward Chris Copeland. Read about him:

Nice! I've liked what I've seen from in him in SL so far. The guy deserves a shot in the NBA.

Man I don't know whats going to happen this year for the Kings but they are going to be fun as hell to use in 2k.

Jimmer
Reke
Green?
T-Rob
Cousins

All dey.

SamuraiX-

Man I don't know whats going to happen this year for the Kings but they are going to be fun as hell to use in 2k.

Jimmer
Reke
Green?
T-Rob
Cousins

All dey.

Donte Greene was let go. Surprised nobody has even shown any interest in him but I guess that's what happens after you spend 4 years in the league and your only redeeming quality is being captain of the team's cheer squad and having a single solid game every month to fool people into thinking you're worth being paid as an NBA player.

Scott Soshnick ‏@soshnick
Strat-O-Matic simulated Seven-Game Series between 1992 Dream Team and 2012 Team -- 1992 won 4-1 with new guys taking Game 1. So, there, Kobe

So, there!

Backdoor sweep over straight up sweep = moral victory

I didn't make anything up. His father got a doctorate from Purdue U. and they are incredibly rich. A lot of kids get good grades in high school. This is nothing close to a"rags to riches" story. It's a "riches to even greater riches" story...which is becoming the american reality.

bigmike.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom