• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

exarkun

The only color that matter here is green IMO. JR is salty as hell because he's a better player but can't get a comparable deal because he's not as marketable. Sucks for him but no one asked him to be a tatted-up knucklehead lol

Fact is, the contract IS ridiculous for someone who's started under 30 games. Even more so under this new CBA

Thing is, Lin also dominates the ball and shoots way too much for a PG IMO. That's part of the reason his game kind of regressed when Melo and Amare came back. He needs the ball just as much

wat. JR is a selfish ballhogger who likes to really jack it up when he thinks hes hot which more often than not leads to easy easy buckets for the other team because he shoots early in the shot clock and lags on defense or commits a stupid foul when trying to get back...

Or he fouls going for the steal for no reason. Or he can't finish despite getting to the rim. As someone who likes to watch him when he isn't acting like he has a bball IQ of 2, its pretty obvious he isn't better than Lin.

Granted, when he was playing with Lin he was assisting more and sharing the rock but with Melo back he went back to "Imma get mine" mode.

Soooooo I dunno if what you said is true.

charsace

At this point you can forget about the knicks re-signing Lin. It isn't the money, its Dolan. He feels betrayed that's why all this shit is going on. Fucking pathetic.

You're talking crazy if you think the Knicks would amnesty Amar'e. Fans, especially the rich ones that are pals with Dolan, love the guy and Dolan is a big fan too. As long as Amar'e doesn't piss off Dolan he will retire a Knick.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Amnesty Amare, sign Chandler. And then some.

Amnestying Chauncey was the right move, considering he blew out his leg last season and would've been dead weight.

At least Amare was LESS dead weight than Chauncey was.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Hard to imagine how awful that team would be without Chandler...and they wouldn't have Chandler without having used amnesty, so I'm good with it.

If they had amnestied Amare, signed Chandler and let Billups walk, the Knicks would have been in play to sign Deron Williams outright.

Think about that.

charsace

Not to mention they would've had to amnesty Amar'e coming off a fantastic year. It's not like they had it when he was zombie Amare.
Just the usual bullshit from people. "Should amnesty Amare, lol," when dude was a top 10 player and an MVP candidate in his first season in NY.

Gigglepoo

Amnestying Chauncey was the right move, considering he blew out his leg last season and would've been dead weight.

At least Amare was LESS dead weight than Chauncey was.

The Suns didn't want to sign Amare to a long-term contract because his body is breaking down. The Knicks were clearly aware of his health issues, but are going to play him $20 million two seasons from now. It's inexcusable. When you have two busted players on your roster, you should amnesty the guy with more years on his contract who makes more money.

Just the usual bullshit from people. "Should amnesty Amare, lol," when dude was a top 10 player and an MVP candidate in his first season in NY.

The first half of his first season. And then he started slowing down.

reilo

And by the time Billups was amnestied, Amare was already having back issues and playing like crap.

His last 10 games in '11: 20PPG, 44FG%, 7RPG

M
V
P

He put up 7 points and 3 rebounds in 33 minutes in Game 3 versus Boston.

M
V
P

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
The Suns didn't want to sign Amare to a long-term contract because his body is breaking down. The Knicks were clearly aware of his health issues, but are going to play him $20 million two seasons from now. It's inexcusable. When you have two busted players on your roster, you should amnesty the guy with more years on his contract who makes more money.

The first half of his first season. And then he started slowing down.

You're asking too much of the Knicks. They think about today and tomorrow, not next month or next year. Amare's debut Knick season proved worthwhile for FO, so they didn't consider it. I personally hate Amare, so I'm not even going to argue with you - he's a bag of sand.

Classy, he took out a full page ad on the Boston Globe.
tumblr_m79j5g0Q1g1r4e5zuo1_500.jpg

no way Knicks could Amnesty Amar'e after '11 season. However, he wasn't close to an MVP candidate and didn't have even one of his 3 best seasons.

He was good, not close to all-nba level. Nice try, Knick fans.

reilo

no way Knicks could Amnesty Amar'e after '11 season. However, he wasn't close to an MVP candidate and didn't have even one of his 3 best seasons.

Hindsight being 20/20 blah blah.

They should have the moment he messed his back up before the playoffs. Then again, giving Chandler $15mil when nobody else was gonna give more than $10mil was stupid beyond belief, too.

Hindsight being 20/20 blah blah.

They should have the moment he messed his back up before the playoffs. Then again, giving Chandler $15mil when nobody else was gonna give more than $10mil was stupid beyond belief, too.

The Nets were going to give Chandler (or Nene) $12mil iirc.

That's like saying I'm one of the best Balkan shooting guards that posts in this thread.

He's also an elite defender and was the best player on a playoff this year and the second best player on a title team the year before and would have been easily the best player on the Warriors.

charsace

You know that he was putting up 28 and 9 at one point and a like 5 30+ point games at one point right? That's godly for a big man in today's guard play league were the rules and refs favor perimeter play.

You guys need to just stop. Amare was beasting for more than half the season and a lot of people had him in their top 3 for MVP and he was first at different times in the season. And these are the guys that vote for MVP that ranked him highly. The back injury, the same one that slowed him down for most of last season, is why he fell off.

reilo

He's also an elite defender and was the best player on a playoff this year and the second best player on a title team the year before and would have been easily the best player on the Warriors.

That speaks more to the incompetence of the Knicks and Warriors than how good Chandler is.

You know that he was putting up 28 and 9 at one point and a like 5 30+ point games at one point right? That's godly for a big man in today's guard play league were the rules and refs favor perimeter play.

You guys need to just stop. Amare was beasting for more than half the season and a lot of people had him in their top 3 for MVP and he was first at different times in the season. And these are the guys that vote for MVP that ranked him highly. The back injury, the same one that slowed him down for most of last season, is why he fell off.

Again, all of that changed the moment he hurt his back. Quit living in the past. That Amare is long gone.

Gigglepoo

Yes, and that injury coupled with his bad knees and excessive contract, is why we said he should be amnestied.

No one playing center is a great player in today's NBA if they don't defend because center defense is kind of incredibly important.

Couldn't the Knicks have done a sign and trade with the Mavs? Sending the expiring contract of Billups for Chandler. Keeping that amnesty for when Amare is done.

Did anyone else feel like that Carmelo's "ridiculous" comment when it came to Lin's contract came across as being salty? I certainly did. What's funny about that to me is that Lin's contract seems more reasonable than Carmelo's to me. Sure, Lin may not play defense, but at least he's a team player and he's marketable. Carmelo Anthony is a black hole, ball stopper that prides himself as a superstar but hasn't won anything.

Couldn't the Knicks have done a sign and trade with the Mavs? Sending the expiring contract of Billups for Chandler. Keeping that amnesty for when Amare is done.
no.
Did anyone else feel like that Carmelo's "ridiculous" comment when it came to Lin's contract came across as being salty? I certainly did. What's funny about that to me is that Lin's contract seems more reasonable to Carmelo's to me. Sure, Lin may not play defense, but at least he's a team player and he's marketable. Carmelo Anthony is a black hole, ball stopper that prides himself as a superstar but hasn't won anything.
no. The 3rd year is ridiculous for Lin basketball-wise. Should he have said it? Probably not.

Did anyone else feel like that Carmelo's "ridiculous" comment when it came to Lin's contract came across as being salty? I certainly did. What's funny about that to me is that Lin's contract seems more reasonable than Carmelo's to me. Sure, Lin may not play defense, but at least he's a team player and he's marketable. Carmelo Anthony is a black hole, ball stopper that prides himself as a superstar but hasn't won anything.

I thought Melo created Linsanity, so that is why he could be salty. But Melo is worth the money for his skills.

this reeks o trax talking about bargs like 3 seasons ago on his magical run.

No one with half a brain had amar'e in the top 3 MVP at any point. he was also turning the ball over like crazy.

This Amare talk is quite stupid. At one point he was a dominant player and I don't think anyone saw him falling off this quickly. I remember some of us thinking that he would slow down due to his eye injury and back problems, but the dude barely qualifies as an NBA starter right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom