• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the bolded but how will he supposedly get exposed? He already shined on one of the worst teams in the league.

I don't think he's that good, and playing in the west should be more competitive on a team by team basis. Turns the ball over, doesn't play when hurt, doesn't play defense, not a good PG...nah

On a side note I'm tired of people who don't even watch basketball (especially in the other thread) being on Lin's dick, accusing everyone on the Knicks of being jealous of his contract or whatever. Fuck that passive aggressive nonsense.

Felton as a Knick was a borderline all star.

DCX

hDM3G.jpg

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
If the Wolves don't like Iguodala's contract, I can only imagine how they feel about Joe's.

If Brandon Roy can still play a little, the wing production should be a lot better even without Batum. Shved/Roy/Williams/Budinger replacing minutes that used to go to scrubs like Ellington, Wes, and Martell.

Agreed.

The big missing holes for the wolves are the 2 and 3. We can't just pound the ball inside (as gritty as Love and Pek are) all season, it's not sustainable.

Because he was the first from Taiwan.
Wang Zhizhi got the same/more amount of attention when he was the first Chinese NBA player.

Nothing compared to Linsanity.

And you think there's going to be a drop off all of a sudden? The deals he'll make this year alone far outweigh any luxury tax hit implications down the line.

I don't think he's that good, and playing in the west should be more competitive on a team by team basis. Turns the ball over, doesn't play when hurt, doesn't play defense, not a good PG...nah

On a side note I'm tired of people who don't even watch basketball (especially in the other thread) being on Lin's dick, accusing everyone on the Knicks of being jealous of his contract or whatever. Fuck that passive aggressive nonsense.

I don't care that much for Lin but he at least helps his team win games which is more than what can be said about Fat and STAT.

SamuraiX-

Kanter played 0 games and went #3

Yeah, but we all knew he was terrible before there was even talk about him going in the lottery.

John Jenkins looks like a nice player. Smart offensive game where he lets his shots come to him and really gets after it on defense: fighting around multiple screens to keep up with his man, extending help D, locking down guys in isolation, etc.

Fantastic pickup by the Hawks.

Oh, and DAT WINGSPAN

numble

Most players in the league should be jealous of that contract. That 3rd year is similar to the amount Kobe made in his prime, when he scored 81 points in a game.

And you think there's going to be a drop off all of a sudden? The deals he'll make this year alone far outweigh any luxury tax hit implications down the line.
I was responding to your statement that there will still be as much hype/attention even assuming he comes off the bench in year 3. You assumed it already in your post.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Most players in the league should be jealous of that contract. That 3rd year is similar to the amount Kobe made in his prime, when he scored 81 points in a game.

I think its really weird how people are framing it like this. If the Rockets signed him to a regular 3 year 25 million dollar deal with about 8 per people would say hes overpaid (for his production on the court) but not nearly to the same degree as this 3 year 25 million dollar deal with 15 million as one of the years. Just odd really.

I don't see how the west is supposed to be so much harder as he did fine the few games he played them and overall the defense is weaker than the east. What is doesn't play when hurt even supposed to mean?

I don't see how you could say he isn't a good PG either. His one major flaw is turnovers, but thats mostly him getting over anxious which is normal for younger guys. Most PGs don't play defense either so thats not that big a issue. Erase the turnovers and I don't see how you couldn't say that lin was one of the top 10 PGs during his time.

And the players talking out are kind of jealous. I didn't see many people with the pitchforks when Amare's stiff ass got his money.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Agreed.

The big missing holes for the wolves are the 2 and 3. We can't just pound the ball inside (as gritty as Love and Pek are) all season, it's not sustainable.

Pekovic, Love, and Rubio are good enough that all the Wolves really need is adequacy, just some average NBA wings. (A little depth, too, but baby steps.)

Play Williams at the 3, and get a SG like Lee or Mayo and I think they should be good.

Pekovic, Love, and Rubio are good enough that all the Wolves really need is adequacy, just some average NBA wings. (A little depth, too, but baby steps.)

Play Williams at the 3, and get a SG like Lee or Mayo and I think they should be good.
Yup

replacing our horrid wing production with average production is going to be big

linsivvi

Except that he's not being paid Kobe money. Not even close.

He's being paid $8M per year with the salary heavily back loaded.

Raymond Felton was making $7.5M last season FWIW.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Agreed.

Wolves already did a lot to address this. Budinger is a pretty decent player who is a solid 3 point shooter, especially from the corners where he shot over 48% on corner 3s last season. They could obviously use more help though.

was responding to your statement that there will still be as much hype/attention even assuming he comes off the bench in year 3. You assumed it already in your post.

I'll concede that if he hugely busts that he'll be irrelevant in year 3 but my main point still stands in that he's going to make way more money to justify any luxury tax concerns.

RBH

John Jenkins looks like a nice player. Smart offensive game where he lets his shots come to him and really gets after it on defense: fighting around multiple screens to keep up with his man, extending help D, locking down guys in isolation, etc.

Fantastic pickup by the Hawks.

Oh, and DAT WINGSPAN
It'll be interesting to see how he turns out since it looks like he's going to be a starter from Day 1 with Joe gone. From what I've read and seen on a limited basis, it definitely looks like he'll have no trouble scoring at least.

Jamal Crawford's contract with the Clippers is worth $21.35 million over four years.

Crawford's deal was reported to be as much as $25 million, but this number makes the contract a bit more palatable. Both year three and year four on Crawford's deal are only partially guaranteed at $1.5 million per season. He's expected to serve as the sixth man for Los Angeles.

Not bad, but still Crawful.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Rivers was 3-13 last night? LOL thats awful. I guess YNR is appropriate after all. Now there are quotes from Seth Curry saying this years team hopes to be better since last year's team "wasn't very close"

Now it begins. At least they waited for Rivers to get drafted before chucking him under the bus unlike McRoberts. I also don't think Rivers was as antagonistic as McBob was.

h3ro

Grantland writer Katie Baker said:
Maybe I'm stubborn, or stupid, or both. But I'm sticking around. I'm going down with the ship, playing "Go New York, Go New York, Go" on a waterlogged and out-of-tune violin.

Word.

SamuraiX-

So what. People love to pretend that weed is bad for you when its not. I would smoke weed if people didn't fire you for it.

I'm not as worried about his extracurricular activities as I am about how stunts like this will contribute to the immaturity and nondisciplinary factor on this team.

charsace

It's like the year 2010-2011 didn't exist. People have short term memories in here. To people in gaf, you're as good as the last game I saw you play.

Amar'e will be fine. Last season he was coming off of back surgery, didn't play basketball during the lockout and was out of shape. He was coming on strong before he had the sore knee. He's gonna be great next season.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Amar'e will be fine. Last season he was coming off of back surgery, didn't play basketball during the lockout and was out of shape. He was coming on strong before he had the sore knee. He's gonna be great next season.

Tag bet that he won't be...

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

All of the reasons you listed as to why he wasn't good last year are reasons why he won't be this year.

I shouldn't need to remind NY people: you're only as good as your last transaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom