• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babalu.

Me too.

Blake-Ebanks-Hill-Jamison-Pau/Drew 2nd unit. If they could upgrade Ebanks would be even better (unless he develops a 3 point shot).

Seriously, ebanks should be doing nothing but shooting 3s all summer long. Hill ain't a 3 point shooter. Rush would be a dream, but I doubt it happens without a Hill-Rush swap.

I'd like Jordan back for the right price, too, but he's expendable.

edit: Forgot about McBobs. I think he will bounce back this season.

jordan hill was the only spark we had last season. I want him back. murphy and mcbob can suckit.

Went to the USA-Brazil game, the atmosphere was awesome. After a string of missed opportunities, the crowd grew rather restless very quickly, but LeBron's sterling second half more than made up for it. Good game.

So I haven't been up to date reading this thread in awhile but no way the Knicks let Lin walk? Right?

I know ESPN and every other media outlet and sources are saying they won't match, but that just seems crazy to let Lin go to the Rockets. He's going to make them so much damn money and give the Knicks a whole new audience.

This is coming from a Suns/Bulls fan haha. Personally, it makes it more interested having him in NY than...in Houston.

Went to the USA-Brazil game, the atmosphere was awesome. After a string of missed opportunities, the crowd grew rather restless very quickly, but LeBron's sterling second half more than made up for it. Good game.

So Heat players had to bail out team USA again eh? Sounds about right.

Deron son Im dissapointed.

Fantomex

You motherfuckers gotta make up your god damn mind about my avatar |:

I like it breh, way doper than the other scary chick. It's got that 4th chamber vibe.

Noriega, aimin knives which stay windy in Chicago
spine-tingle, mind boggles
Kangols in rainbow colors, promoters try to hold dough
Give me mine before Po, wrap you up in so-and-so
I ran the Dark Ages, Constantine and great Henry the Eighth
Built with Ghengis Khan, the wreck suede Wally Don

SamuraiX-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi0LRRi7nuk&feature=player_embedded

Samurai, I would take that video as good news. It seems Smart told Brooks that he's not being handed the starting job.

Yeah, I watched that earlier. It's nice to know that Brooks signed anyway with that in mind but you know how it is with Keith... he never stabilizes anyone into a spot anyway. He starts and rotates guys based on if they're on a hot streak or not and it just turns into one giant clusterfuck because "consistency" is not in this team's vocabulary.

At least we're not overpaying AB. I just wish they would at least talk with T-Will. It's not fair. Or at least think about signing this Tony Mitchell guy on our SL squad. He looks somewhat promising.

106-56

Damn...that Lakers summer league team got some talent on it.

A hot mess the whole lot of em. Including the sorry ass coaching staff.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
What can the knicks do now though? Half the knicks organization and locker room has taken a dump on Lin over the course of the last few weeks, because their hands are tied by their own incompetence so they can't take on $15M in 3 years.

If I were Jeremy Lin, even if I had just been testing the waters, well, now I'd want out of NY. That locker room is going to be more poisonous than the Wizards a few years back.

At least wait until he's out the door before you start talking shit. Now it'll be a disaster if he re-signs simply because of the way melo and others have torn into him for.... what, signing an offer sheet like a RFA?

Kogepan

What can the knicks do now though? Half the knicks organization and locker room has taken a dump on Lin over the course of the last few weeks, because their hands are tied by their own incompetence so they can't take on $15M in 3 years.

If I were Jeremy Lin, even if I had just been testing the waters, well, now I'd want out of NY. That locker room is going to be more poisonous than the Wizards a few years back.

At least wait until he's out the door before you start talking shit. Now it'll be a disaster if he re-signs simply because of the way melo and others have torn into him for.... what, signing an offer sheet like a RFA?

I bet Lin is praying he doesn't have to go back and kow-tow to that goal suck Carmelo, and i completely agree. He signed a contract that is poison pill. If he had any intention of going back to the Knicks he would have either directly negotiated with them or taken a deal that was specifically triggered to blow up the Knicks luxury tax payment in year 3.

Pimpwerx

But Pimp said...

No such thing. I said the pre-injury roster. You and the chat crew would love to say I'm changing my argument, but the forum has nice timestamps to back me up. Pre-injury Team USA could beat the original. That said, this injury-riddled team would probably stomp through the 1992 Olympics anyway. The foreign teams were terribad back then. PEACE.

etiolate

Banned
Yeah, I watched that earlier. It's nice to know that Brooks signed anyway with that in mind but you know how it is with Keith... he never stabilizes anyone into a spot anyway. He starts and rotates guys based on if they're on a hot streak or not and it just turns into one giant clusterfuck because "consistency" is not in this team's vocabulary.

At least we're not overpaying AB. I just wish they would at least talk with T-Will. It's not fair. Or at least think about signing this Tony Mitchell guy on our SL squad. He looks somewhat promising.

What I liked about TWill was that he quickly found a role and that role was getting people involved on offense and applying defensive pressure. He just fit with the rest of the personnel so easily that I don't like the idea of hoping another chucker is a suitable replacement.

cacophony

All the time, there is something to improve,” Motiejunas said. “I swear to God, every day, I’m working my (butt) off. Every single day I’m trying to make myself perfect, to make this team reach the Finals or win the championship. I’m here to play the best basketball as possible. I’m here to give my soul to this team because this team, these people who pick me last year after my bad season in Treviso, they saw me, they believed in me. That put a lot of responsibility on me. So every day I wake up just for one point, to get better.

I fucking love this guy

THey'll be a 6/7 seed and out in the first round. I'm sure Dirk is thrilled.

A 6/7 seed would mean that they'd be as good (see: bad) as last year so you're wrong. I think they could be as high as a 4 seed in the West. Jason Kidd was terrible for them last year. Jason Terry regressed. They shed Brandon Haywood. They're going to be a great team defensively with West, Marion, and Jones in the backcourt. They'll be a great offensive team that can play small or big. Brand and Kaman is a tremendous upgrade to their front court. They also got rid of Kidd, a player that passed up countless lay ups, for a young PG that has no problem driving to the basket. It will be impossible for Mayo to be as bad as Terry was last year. Their bench is rock solid too.

A 6/7 seed would mean that they'd be as good (see: bad) as last year so you're wrong. I think they could be as high as a 4 seed in the West. Jason Kidd was terrible for them last year. Jason Terry regressed. They shed Brandon Haywood. They're going to be a great team defensively with West, Marion, and Jones in the backcourt. They'll be a great offensive team that can play small or big. Brand and Kaman is a tremendous upgrade to their front court. They also got rid of Kidd, a player that passed up countless lay ups, for a young PG that has no problem driving to the basket. It will be impossible for Mayo to be as bad as Terry was last year. Their bench is rock solid too.

You're forgetting the fact that Kaman blows and is often injured. And Collison is at best average. I like Kidd more.

I dunno if Kaman is better than Haywood. His defense is a lot worse and he's inefficient on offense but uses a lot of possessions.

Terry was almost no different last season compared to the title run season. And OJ Mayo was worse on offense than Terry last year...and every year. His value is on D, though.

Dallas is not better than OKC, LAL, SAS, LAC. If things break right, possible 5 seed. They can be as low as 9 too, though.

PS: West isn't on Dallas right now and the OJ Mayo signing means he's might be gone.

Brand is much better than Haywood though. Kaman is likely going to be playing with the second unit so it doesn't matter if he's injured a lot or not.

Jason Kidd is a great floor general and plays decent defense, but if he's not hitting three pointers he is a complete waste out there. Collison is going to blow up next year. People forget how good he was when he was on a decent team. Indiana will regret trading him.

Toronto Sun said:
third-year forward Ed Davis has been the team’s top player, as was the hope coming in, and rookie Terrence Ross has had more good moments than bad over the trio of contests.

Davis was locked in Monday, scoring a game-high 23 points, along with seven rebounds and a block.

The former UNC big man has been working hard with shooting coach John Townsend on improving the form on his jump shot and the results have been visible.

Davis sank 5-of-7 attempts from the line and has made 16-of-23 overall (70%) vs. his career 60.7% mark and he has also shot 20-for-32 (62.5%) from the floor, including a number of jump shots.

“His form is good, I’m really impressed with what he’s doing offensively,” said Raptors coach Dwane Casey.

“Showing I can make it. That’s the main thing I’m trying to get across to the coaching staff,” Davis said of what he wants to prove in Las Vegas.

Davis said he has put in a lot of work with Townsend and feels far more comfortable when he lets fly with a jump shot or free throw.

Lowry/Some guy
DeRozan/Ross
Igoudala/Fields
Based Ed/Bargnani
Valanciunas/ADVANCED STAT

Do it Casey. DO IT!!

God damn it. Can the Bears just sign Lee and give him to the Bulls. We know damn well Bulls won't do shit. Damn Friedell saying they shouldn't do anything and save cap space.

God damn it. Can the Bears just sign Lee and give him to the Bulls. We know damn well Bulls won't do shit. Damn Friedell saying they shouldn't do anything and save cap space.

Its a damn shame. That Bulls team is probably the toughest team the current heat have faced, not counting godmode Mavs.

diehard

Fleer
How would you feel about Jimmer as your starting point guard?

not good.. but i don't think that will ever be his best role in the NBA. If he plays like he gives no shits like he says he will next season .. and he did yesterday, he could be one of the more explosive off the bench scorers in the NBA.

Nate Robinson like role, super Eddie House maybe?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
No such thing. I said the pre-injury roster. You and the chat crew would love to say I'm changing my argument, but the forum has nice timestamps to back me up. Pre-injury Team USA could beat the original. That said, this injury-riddled team would probably stomp through the 1992 Olympics anyway. The foreign teams were terribad back then. PEACE.

You are wrong peACE

What the hell is this?

Indiana and Boston took them to 6 games. And any objective viewer of the Boston series knows they got completely robbed in game 2 by the refs. They would've been up 2-0 if that game wasn't one of the worst officiated major playoff games in over a decade.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
He's just talking about Stockton's whiteboy magic again.

His D is overrated yo

I hate Stockton with a passion but there is no way to deny that he is one of the top 5 greatest PG ever..

Fox318

Welp, today is the day...

Either way the Knicks will lose. :(

That petition also got over 10,000 names.

931D9l.jpg

Part of me says Dolan cracks under the pressure.

Then part of me remembers he refused to fire Isiah 832 times because he gets all resistant any time anybody tries to tell him what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom