• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
<truthiness />

highest-of-fives.gif

The team he wants to go to is ultra capped-out and bird rights are your leverage. Do you believe Deron's bullshit about IsoJoe being the reason he stayed in Brooklyn? More like 25 extra million.

A fair deal for Dwight would be Lamb, Jones, Parsons and the Toronto pick. You wouldn't have to take back all the shit contracts since the Magic do need to pay someone, probably only J-Rich and Dudu leave.

Martin has to be included to make the money work.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Pimp is lol

I can't understand how you are right. Therefore, you must be wrong.

Andrew Bynum career stats in 7 seasons, one almost completely missed due to injury:

11.7 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 1.2 apg, 1.6 bpg career PER 19.8

Brook Lopez career stats in 4 seasons, one almost completely missed due to injury:

17.4 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 1.6 apg, 1.6 bpg, career PER 19.2

Bynum has played more than 65 games once in his entire career, while Brook was an ironman before the lockout, never missing a game in his first three seasons. I don't think I'm even going to ask if Lakers fans watch Nets games, but I do watch Lakers games, and Bynum is the most whiny, classless, no-knee'd, black hole, cheap-shotting, disappearing-est in the face of adversity, check-my-stats ego having-est, apple-faced goon that's ever been placed on a pedestal despite being marginally (if not arguably) better than centers #3-7 in the NBA top 10. Especially when both Dwight and Lopez have kicked his teeth in whenever they've been matched up.
Andrew's last line vs Brook - 2pts, 5 rebs, 5 fouls in 22 min, vs 35 pts, 6 rebs for Lopez. Yes, a fucking trash center styled all over your Dwight bait.

He won't resign in Orlando and the Magic would be stupid to trade for him vs a max'd Lopez or the Rockets package of picks and cap space. The only people the Dwight to LA trade scenario makes sense to are Lakers fans.

Career stats? Who cares? Especially when you consider the minutes played. It's all about what they've done lately. Brook Lopez basicallr missd last season and the season before was as productive as cow shit. Drew, meanwhile, is coming off an all star season where he played better on both sides of the court than Brook ever has. I'm not saying Bynum is a world beater by any means, hell I don't even want him as Laker long term, but any GM or fan worth a shit knows he's better than Brook Lopez and would rather have him if you have to pay either guy big money.

Career stats? Who cares? Especially when you consider the minutes played. It's all about what they've done lately. Brook Lopez basicallr missd last season and the season before was as productive as cow shit. Drew, meanwhile, is coming off an all star season where he played better on both sides of the court than Brook ever has. I'm not saying Bynum is a world beater by any means, hell I don't even want him as Laker long term, but any GM or fan worth a shit knows he's better than Brook Lopez and would rather have him if you have to pay either guy big money.

did you not see his game vs mavs?

SUPREME1

Banned

You mean it doesn't matter how shitty Bynum was early on? Not even when he was the youngest player in league history and riding the bench?

You must be wrong, Nets fans must be right. Lopez is superior in every way. Lopez deserves two max contracts.

exarkun

The team he wants to go to is ultra capped-out and bird rights are your leverage. Do you believe Deron's bullshit about IsoJoe being the reason he stayed in Brooklyn? More like 25 extra million.

A fair deal for Dwight would be Lamb, Jones, Parsons and the Toronto pick. You wouldn't have to take back all the shit contracts since the Magic do need to pay someone, probably only J-Rich and Dudu leave.

Maybe if we don't have to take any of your shit players. You could basically not have to rebuild if we gave you all that since Lamb/Parsons could potentially start with Jones needing some time to adjust. And the Raptors pick would be mid lottery judging by what they have done in the offseason. Then your own pick will be in the top 4 probably. Would be a nice ass situation, so fuck that.

Still. Dwight needs to realize that Brooklyn will never happen now unless he is signed and traded by some dumbass team to go Brooklyn after this year. Which makes his liklihood of staying higher but still.

If Lopez was nearly as good as Bynum, he would be in Orlando right now. He's not, he's not very good on offense and he's especially shitty on defense which is hard to show on a stat sheet.

It's all about what they've done lately.

Let's completely ignore the fact that Bynum has basically played most of his career under an undisputed HoF coach (and one of the all time best) with an undisputed HoF guard (and one of the all time best) and an All-Star PF these last few seasons compared with Lopez who's had to carry the likes of Trenton Hassell, Stephen Graham (actually started), Travis Outlaw, etc.

If Lopez was nearly as good as Bynum, he would be in Orlando right now. He's not, he's not very good on offense and he's especially shitty on defense which is hard to show on a stat sheet.

It's likely that Lopez is not the root cause, but external circumstances like the Nets being unable to take back more contracts this offseason (vs during the season and the previous offseason) and Magic want no part of Humphries.

charsace

Can you say what I said again but in a different way...

I never said it wasn't about position, its one part of playing good D. Just like contesting shots. It all goes together and you can't really have one with out the other.

When did I ever say it was? And how can you say its not about the shot? You give up space for a good look and you've already failed most of the time. Everybody doesn't shoot like Rondo. You have to be in the space and having the defender think you can contest his shot. Especially in the NBA.

You seriously missed Ace saying the exact same thing like two posts up?

I didn't see it. I just wrote what I've learned about defense in my time playing basketball.

CAREER STATS

That must be why the Knicks signed Kidd. His fucking career stats--not his current stats.

lolstats,lopez is a beast.

So we're really going to take a 5 game sample (coming off an injury) from 2012 and say that = Brook Lopez as a player? The guy has played 3 full seasons, two of which were good to great for a starting 5, one which was only average due to his rebounding numbers.

CB3 said:
Wait. Is this guy arguing that Brook Lopez is better than Bynum?

Really? REALLY?

If you actually read my post, I clearly implied that Bynum is the #2 center in the league. But Lakers fans need to stop acting like he's on the same pedestal as Dwight, he's not even fucking close, despite being the WC all-star last year.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I dont know about you guys but im reserving my Brook Lopez HoF induction tickets right now.

Emwitus

Let's completely ignore the fact that Bynum has basically played most of his career under an undisputed HoF coach (and one of the all time best) with an undisputed HoF guard (and one of the all time best) and an All-Star PF these last few seasons compared with Lopez who's had to carry the likes of Trenton Hassell, Stephen Graham (actually started), Travis Outlaw, etc.

A coach who hated his guts and even mentioned that brown was brought in to give bynum big minutes. Wouldn't play bynum in crunch time minutes even if his life depended on it and openly favored lamar over the boy.....

giga

So we're really going to take a 5 game sample (coming off an injury) from 2012 and say that = Brook Lopez as a player? The guy has played 3 full seasons, two of which were good to great for a starting 5, one which was only average due to his rebounding numbers.

If you actually read my post, I clearly implied that Bynum is the #2 center in the league. But Lakers fans need to stop acting like he's on the same pedestal as Dwight, he's not even fucking close, despite being the WC all-star last year.
No, we've been talking about 10-11.

SUPREME1

Banned

The gap between Dwight and Bynum is smaller than the gap between Bynum and Lopez.

JUST SAY NO
PEZ

SUPREME1

Banned
lopez is great on offense.he is one of the few versatile centers.

great: [greyt] Show IPA adjective, great·er, great·est, adverb, noun, plural greats, ( especially collectively ) great, interjection

- unusual or considerable in degree, power, intensity, etc.

- wonderful; first-rate; very good

- being such in an extreme or notable degree

exarkun

I'm buying the Hill Clippers Jersey along with the Lin Rockets jersey.

and some Brookyln swag cause I love the designs.

Being a real basketball fan is expensive...

Where are you getting this pedestal shit from? Most Laker fans want Bynum out of town.

The argument is that Bynum is a far more attractive trade chip than Brook, and it's not just Laker fans that would awknowledge that. Robin Lopez would take Bynum over Brook.

It's likely that Lopez is not the root cause, but external circumstances like the Nets being unable to take back more contracts this offseason (vs during the season and the previous offseason) and Magic want no part of Humphries.

Lopez was the root of the cause because he's fucking garbage, are you even reading the posts in this thread.

League Average TS% for Centers in 10-11: 55.9%
Bropez: 54.9%
Bynum: 60.6%

League Average FG% at the Rim for Centers in 10-11: 66.3%
Bropez: 62.6%
Bynum: 73.7%

Lopez also had the 2nd highest USG% among centers that year, even higher than Dwight. Lopez only scores a lot because he takes a billion shots at below average efficiency for his position.

Lopez was the root of the cause because he's fucking garbage, are you even reading the posts in this thread.

Lopez also had the 2nd highest USG% among centers that year, even higher than Dwight. Lopez only scores a lot because he takes a billion shots at below average efficiency for his position.

But Brook is "great" on offense! Also he was recovering for polio or something .

But Brook is "great" on offense! Also he was recovering for polio or something .

BTW, he lost 15lbs from mono.

...mononucleosis was sapping his energy levels, confining him to his couch and sucking 15 pounds from a frame already searching for more weight...

All this, while battling the lingering effects of mono.

“It really makes you very tired, weak, you can get a little anemic, all your glands swell. Patients are so lethargic, they just don’t want to do anything,” said John Sensakovic, a disease expert and director of medical education at St. Michael’s Medical Center in Newark. “They’re recommended not to do any heavy lifting or athletic activity until the spleen goes down because there’s always a possibility that if they got hit in the spleen it would rupture.”​

Do you think his FG% will go up or down now that he's not playing alongside Travis Outlaw, Anthony Morrow, Devin Harris, Sasha Vujacic, Terrence Williams, and Jordan Farmar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom