• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Remember, if they match Asik, then in 2014-2015, they'll owe Rose like $18 or $19 mil, Noah $14 mil, Boozer $17 mil, and Asik $15 mil. Knowing the Bulls history, they won't be amnestying Boozer, and they won't be looking to bring on more heavy salary.

Dwight won't extend with LAL because it would make him an obvious Shaq wannabe. He got drafted by the team that drafted Shaq. Plays the same position. Stole his Superman nickname, even. Now you want him to be traded to the Lakers the same way? Dwight will never be better than Shaq. He'll never be more popular. I don't blame the guy for wanting to pave his own path.

I found it weird that he was so adamant about going to BK, but he clearly wants a big market to try and expand his marketability. In BK he could be on a contender without having to ape Shaq some more. The Nets aren't out of the picture either, as they'll be able to trade people around by the deadline. Dwight won't be a Net this season, but there's no reason to think he can't be one next year. PEACE.

lol. you're an idiot.
shows you dont know shit.

You see this? That's real GMing right there!
still in laker-age i presume?

diehard

Fleer
Remember, if they match Asik, then in 2014-2015, they'll owe Rose like $18 or $19 mil, Noah $14 mil, Boozer $17 mil, and Asik $15 mil. Knowing the Bulls history, they won't be amnestying Boozer, and they won't be looking to bring on more heavy salary.

so that whole taking on ex-Jazz players hasn't worked so well for the Bulls

Pimpwerx

lol. you're an idiot.
shows you dont know shit.

Of course, forgetting how Shaq moved teams 2 decades ago invalidates everything else I said. Uh huh. Just do me a favor and put me on ignore so you don't have to hurt yourself trying to actually process whole sentences. Your posts are a waste of time for obvious basketball reasons. PEACE.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Any truth to this?

I got a big bag of dicks for DY to chow on, if so. I said buddy was on the market because of lack of demand. DY (and someone else) ripped me and said he was still on the market because he was asking for too much. Dude is lucky if he gets the MLE.

I'll re-iterate that the 5th best scorer on a team lacking in scorers is not a good SG. PEACE.

So, ugh, where exactly was Dy wrong? Dude was still on the market because he asked too much and settled for $4.5mil...

What's your argument?

Of course, forgetting how Shaq moved teams 2 decades ago invalidates everything else I said. Uh huh. Just do me a favor and put me on ignore so you don't have to hurt yourself trying to actually process whole sentences. Your posts are a waste of time for obvious basketball reasons. PEACE.

of course it does. its the "throwing the argument with the bath water" route.
that's how debates and arguments work. now sit down, have a coke and smile.

Not for me to say, but what exactly have the Magic done in the offseason to warrant giving Henny any dap or consider him an upgrade over Otis Smith?

What significant signing have they made?

What significant roster moves have they made?

You are aware that they lost their second leading scorer and rebounder from last year?

Who is their coach?

For all intents and purposes, Henny is continuing to be a weak proxy for ownership and not making the right basketball moves. The Magic as they are constructed are a clusterfuck with a lot of bad blood between their star player and the FO not to mention bad blood between the players (Nelson/Dwight).

You're not very good at this.

Unlike Otis, Hennigan actually scouted and worked out his draft picks this year in Nicholson and O'Quinn who both were exemplary in summer league and performed beyond expectations. Additionally, a tank/rebuild is looking like the future for the Magic; any significant signing or roster move this year would be a waste since the team already has a lot of salary committed. Hennigan has recognized that Dwight is likely not the future for the team and thus made the smart move of not bringing Ryan Anderson back. Anderson is a good complimentary player, being paid 9 million a year means he's no longer complimentary. Keeping him around would've been a classic Otis move that would've been costly down the line. Spraying money out of a fire hose =/= good management.

Considering you've been wasting our time trying to sell excrement like Brook Lopez as a good offensive center (hint: he's not, 62% at the rim), I'm not sure you're qualified to discern what good basketball moves are.

They resigned Jameer.

Lol.

You literally said a page ago that Caron Butler, one of the worst starters in the league, for 8 million per over 3 years wasn't a bad deal.

Wait Bulls are still considering matching for Asik? Because anytime you can put a combined $25 million into one position and not have an all pro to show for it, you gotta do it? This fuckin league.

Pimpwerx

So, ugh, where exactly was Dy wrong? Dude was still on the market because he asked too much and settled for $4.5mil...

What's your argument?
Ha! You don't know that at all. There was no news he was even talking to teams until all the big FAs had been scooped already. It's what I was telling you guys then too. If there's a lack of news or rumors, it's a complete reach to assume it's because of a high asking price when all these markets come down to supply and demand. Teams will tender offers at what they think is acceptable market value. OJ isn't going around asking for twice what anyone is going to offer, that's stupid. When guys sit on the market like this, it's because they're not getting interest from teams. OJ wasn't going to outbid himself and let the money dry up along with cap space. Correction...OJ's agent isn't going to do that...not if he's been doing this for a while, anyway.

Fact is OJ was low on everyone's radar, and he only got offers late as he's someone you round out a roster with, you don't feature him at all. Ain't that what I was saying from the get go? The guy is overrated. Peaked in high school, and ain't worth spit. PEACE.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Wait Bulls are still considering matching for Asik? Because anytime you can put a combined $25 million into one position and not have an all pro to show for it, you gotta do it? This fuckin league.

It's a wonder why other teams don't see what we try to do and hit home runs. Every other team is settling for extra base hits.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Next off-season you'll have a mid-1st, Deng's expiring contract, and Charlotte's future 1st to work with as assets. If you're ever going to go all-in around Rose you should do it then, not now.

With some combination of the package of assets I mentioned above there are several players you could bring in that are better than Mayo or Lee.

We've had good assets in the past (PJ Brown expiring was huge, especially during that CBA) and never pulled the trigger. I won't believe it until I see it. I've been played by that game too many times.

reilo

Pimpwerx: "Multiple sources didn't say anything, so nothing ever happened!"

Spin away bra.

It's a wonder why other teams don't see what we try to do and hit home runs. Every other team is settling for extra base hits.

Teams seem so panicky. I don't get it. Yeah Asik is a nice player, but you already have big money locked into Noah, who himself is a good player. Asik's value wasn't just because he was a solid backup, it was that he was a CHEAP solid backup. That will no longer be the case so move on and try and find another cheap solid backup in the draft or free agency, but don't fuck up your cap or future flexibility. It's stupid. Asik is not going to make or break your season.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Teams seem so panicky. I don't get it. Yeah Asik is a nice player, but you already have big money locked into Noah, who himself is a good player. Asik's value wasn't just because he was a solid backup, it was that he was a CHEAP solid backup. That will no longer be the case so move on and try and find another cheap solid backup in the draft or free agency, but don't fuck up your cap or future flexibility. It's stupid. Asik is not going to make or break your season.

Yeah it's freaking ridiculous. Teams are literally just handing out fat contracts like it's candy because they're what's available this offseason. And its like o we have cap space we gotta spend money this offseason! Or yeah in Asik's case they're just trying to keep what they have because they don't know even consider that there's other cheaper options.

Not every team has the assets to go for home runs. Sadly, the Bulls do, yet they go for singles.

It's incredible that teams still think it's a good idea to sign marginal players to all star level contracts. And lol yeah the Bulls have no excuse not to go for broke when they're already so freaking close to real contention.

exarkun

Lol this is so stupid.

Hennigan isn't going to rush and do shit just because the Lakers want it now. He'll wait. And wait. There is absolutely no reason to do a deal now especially with the Rockets lining their ducks up in a row right now.

I've been meaning to post about Dwight for a while:

If the Rockets get Lin, there is no reason to go crazy for Dwight anymore. This offseason has been about one thing: gaining exposure. The Rockets want their highlights back on SportCenter, they want analysts dicussing their players. They want to get back the mindshare they had with Yao/TMac (as exemplified by top jersey sales/ticket sales, now replaced somewhat by National sports talk) and if at all possible, Hakeem.

Lin gives us that buzz. Dwight would throw the buzz into the atmosphere, but I think the FO is realizing giving up Lamb, White, and future picks would NOT be worth the toxicity and possible rental (especially with the buzz from Vegas about Lamb). Lin achieves what we need and I don't mind if we suck another year if that means two lottery picks next year AND cap space.

Lin+Dwight would be amaizng, but Lin would be fine in the end.

Have no winter and promise guys they can be/fuck movie stars if they sign with you cheap or hold out in the draft?

Sounds like I've got a new Milwaukee Bucks master plan.

What you say makes sense, and may fill people with hope, but the reality and history don't agree. If they trade Deng's expiring and CHA pick, it would have to be for a HUGE SG (and how many of those are left?), then you would be left with a wide gaping hole at SF. The smart thing this offseason would have been to trade Deng while there's still interest in him (and interest hasn't been this high in years) or keep him and shore up the SG position with Lee or Mayo who could be legitimate starters, create their own shot, and take pressure off of Rose. It's exactly what they need.

Whatever happens, though, the Bulls would have to be proactive in trades, because their history indicates that they will strike out in FA.

This is definitely the drawback. Our pick is a great trade asset though. I wonder if Houston would be willing to do a sign and trade with you where they get Asik and our future first for Kevin Martin?

We've had good assets in the past (PJ Brown expiring was huge, especially during that CBA) and never pulled the trigger. I won't believe it until I see it. I've been played by that game too many times.

You're probably right, but crazier shit has happened before.

Branduil

I've been meaning to post about Dwight for a while:

If the Rockets get Lin, there is no reason to go crazy for Dwight anymore. This offseason has been about one thing: gaining exposure. The Rockets want their highlights back on SportCenter, they want analysts dicussing their players. They want to get back the mindshare they had with Yao/TMac (as exemplified by top jersey sales/ticket sales, now replaced somewhat by National sports talk) and if at all possible, Hakeem.

Lin gives us that buzz. Dwight would throw the buzz into the atmosphere, but I think the FO is realizing giving up Lamb, White, and future picks would NOT be worth the toxicity and possible rental (especially with the buzz from Vegas about Lamb). Lin achieves what we need and I don't mind if we suck another year if that means two lottery picks next year AND cap space.

Lin+Dwight would be amaizng, but Lin would be fine in the end.

Come on bro. Dwight is definitely worth it if you get Lin. You probably wouldn't even need to give up all of your assets considering how crap the other offers are.

reilo

What is with Houston wanting to constantly help the Lakers land a top 10 player for garbage?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Have no winter and promise guys they can be/fuck movie stars if they sign with you cheap or hold out in the draft?

Sounds like I've got a new Milwaukee Bucks master plan.

Problem is teams are just throwing it all away at role players or marginal starters. It wouldn't be as much of a problem if at least all stars were the only ones being paid big money but nope everyone who has shown an ounce of talent is being paid as if they are all pros. Yeah small market teams definitely have to pay up to get players but it's incredible how every year they're paying up for the wrong guys.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Brian K. Schmitz ‏@MagicInsider
Memo to Dwight: Lakers clearly are your best option. You can't mark time in ORL or HOU this season. A great fall-back plan after BRK.

Dwight's the only one who doesn't realize this lol.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
When is the deadline for Asik and Lin to be matched? That is a big piece in the puzzle to this stuff

exarkun

Come on bro. Dwight is definitely worth it if you get Lin. You probably wouldn't even need to give up all of your assets considering how crap the other offers are.

This is what I don't get though. People know that Dwight is gonna fuck around for a season, there are rumors that he might sit it out. And if he doesn't sit it out, he's gonna have another "injury" and sit.

Wheres the leverage? What is making Morey (and others) give up so much when they know Dwight is stage four untreated Cancer in Orlando? Give them a barely fair deal, thats all they deserve for the mess Otis and Dwight created.

If the Rockets get bynum, Id be ecstatic if we could keep Royce and Lamb and get Lin. Taking their shitty contracts must mean we aren't giving too much up I hope. Maybe that Toronto pick and Terrence Jones. But if we have to take Hedo and J. Rich, fuck the lakers.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
If Fran Vázquez ever plays for the Orlando Magic, it won't be before the 2014-15 season.

The Magic's former first-round draft pick has decided to keeping playing in Europe. Again.

In an interview Tuesday, Vázquez's agent, José Cobelo, confirmed that Vázquez has agreed in principle to a new contract with Unicaja Málaga, a team in Spain's top league.

Cobelo said the new deal is guaranteed for two seasons and does not include an out clause that would enable the 6-foot-10 big man to leave Spain for the NBA. The contract includes an option to extend the deal for a third year, the 2014-15 season.

aw man the dream is dead.

This is what I don't get though. People know that Dwight is gonna fuck around for a season, there are rumors that he might sit it out. And if he doesn't sit it out, he's gonna have another "injury" and sit.

Wheres the leverage? What is making Morey (and others) give up so much when they know Dwight is stage four untreated Cancer in Orlando? Give them a barely fair deal, thats all they deserve for the mess Otis and Dwight created.

If the Rockets get bynum, Id be ecstatic if we could keep Royce and Lamb and get Lin. Taking their shitty contracts must mean we aren't giving too much up I hope. Maybe that Toronto pick and Terrence Jones. But if we have to take Hedo and J. Rich, fuck the lakers.

That's what makes no sense, if Houston is taking on shitty contracts they may as well cut out the lakers from this trade and get Dwight in return. Then when his contract is up and he can't go to Brooklyn or the Lakers they offer him a max contract.

Teriyaki

If he's not amnestied, Boozer will end up like Jalen Rose. Traded away for several lesser players on equally long contracts.

The team he wants to go to is ultra capped-out and bird rights are your leverage. Do you believe Deron's bullshit about IsoJoe being the reason he stayed in Brooklyn? More like 25 extra million.

A fair deal for Dwight would be Lamb, Jones, Parsons and the Toronto pick. You wouldn't have to take back all the shit contracts since the Magic do need to pay someone, probably only J-Rich and Dudu leave.

Andrew Bynum career stats in 7 seasons, one almost completely missed due to injury:

11.7 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 1.2 apg, 1.6 bpg career PER 19.8

Brook Lopez career stats in 4 seasons, one almost completely missed due to injury:

17.4 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 1.6 apg, 1.6 bpg, career PER 19.2

Bynum has played more than 65 games once in his entire career, while Brook was an ironman before the lockout, never missing a game in his first three seasons. I don't think I'm even going to ask if Lakers fans watch Nets games, but I do watch Lakers games, and Bynum is the most whiny, classless, no-knee'd, black hole, cheap-shotting, disappearing-est in the face of adversity, check-my-stats ego having-est, apple-faced goon that's ever been placed on a pedestal despite being marginally (if not arguably) better than centers #3-7 in the NBA top 10. Especially when both Dwight and Lopez have kicked his teeth in whenever they've been matched up.
Andrew's last line vs Brook - 2pts, 5 rebs, 5 fouls in 22 min, vs 35 pts, 6 rebs for Lopez. Yes, a fucking trash center styled all over your Dwight bait.

He won't resign in Orlando and the Magic would be stupid to trade for him vs a max'd Lopez or the Rockets package of picks and cap space. The only people the Dwight to LA trade scenario makes sense to are Lakers fans.

I guess I'm the only one that wants to keep Terrence Jones? He's looked great in every game. We do have a logjam at forward though with Patterson, Jones, Donuts at PF and Parsons, White, Morris (who I think is playing well and would perfect on a team that needs a scorer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom