• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, he lost 15lbs from mono.

...mononucleosis was sapping his energy levels, confining him to his couch and sucking 15 pounds from a frame already searching for more weight...

All this, while battling the lingering effects of mono.

“It really makes you very tired, weak, you can get a little anemic, all your glands swell. Patients are so lethargic, they just don’t want to do anything,” said John Sensakovic, a disease expert and director of medical education at St. Michael’s Medical Center in Newark. “They’re recommended not to do any heavy lifting or athletic activity until the spleen goes down because there’s always a possibility that if they got hit in the spleen it would rupture.”​

As if he needed any help to be slow, low energy and shitty.

SUPREME1

Banned

...mononucleosis was sapping his energy levels, confining him to his couch and sucking 15 pounds from a frame already searching for more weight...

“It really makes you very tired, weak, you can get a little anemic, all your glands swell. Patients are so lethargic, they just don’t want to do anything,” said John Sensakovic, a disease expert and director of medical education at St. Michael’s Medical Center in Newark. “They’re recommended not to do any heavy lifting or athletic activity until the spleen goes down because there’s always a possibility that if they got hit in the spleen it would rupture.”​

polio, parvo AND mono?

MVP of all MAX players.

That all happened in the summer of 2010. In that case says a lot about his recovery ability that he apparently needed over 6 months to recover from mono and it still affected his play. There's articles about high school kids that didn't even need that long to recover. And a broken foot on top of that? GMs must be knocking down Brooklyns door to get in on that action.

That all happened in the summer of 2010. In that case says a lot about his recovery ability that he apparently needed over 6 months to recover from mono and it still affected his play. There's articles about high school kids that didn't even need that long to recover. And a broken foot on top of that? GMs must be knocking down Brooklyns door to get in on that action.

Meanwhile, Bynum is getting the same knee treatments as 33yo Kobe, 36 yo ARod, and 50yo Greg Oden.

Dude lost 15lbs man.

tumblr_m7b7ukguzu1r2khhjo1_400.gif

so dirty

Hill was swayed to join the Clippers rather than the Lakers (a team that had also expressed interest in him) after he met with Clippers Coach Vinny Del Negro in Las Vegas on Sunday, had dinner with Chauncey Billups recently in Vegas and had a phone conversation with Chris Paul.

Uh what

Pimpwerx

I read somewhere the Bulls got a $5M TPE for Korver. Why didn't they use that on Mayo, since he went so cheap and they badly need a SG? Are they that committed to the tank this season? PEACE.

Do you think his FG% will go up or down now that he's not playing alongside Travis Outlaw, Anthony Morrow, Devin Harris, Sasha Vujacic, Terrence Williams, and Jordan Farmar?

NeoNyets initial (stupid) argument was that the Brook Lopez max deal was not the reason the Orlando trade collapsed and that Brooklyn is still in the running for Dwight at the deadline.

You guys must be right, there are absolutely no health or personality concerns with Bynum.

There absolutely are. Who is saying there isn't? The debate isn't whether or not Bynum is the greatest center who ever lived. It's whether or not he is a better player than Brook Lopez, and whether he is a more attractive option to potential trade partners. Seemingly the only people that don't believe he is are you and Mr. Mono.

Mono is one of those illnesses that just does a really good job of wearing you down and making any other condition you have worse. I know for some people they are fine in a few days, but I remember when I caught it years ago - missed almost 3 weeks of work with basically a fever every day of it, and it took a month after that to just get back to a normal level of energy.

So I totally believe the weight loss part. The 6 months recovery part? Did he break his ankle on the couch?

NeoNyets initial (stupid) argument was that the Brook Lopez max deal was not the reason the Orlando trade collapsed and that Brooklyn is still in the running for Dwight at the deadline.

Which is a stupid argument, because the Nets only signed Brook to a max deal because the Dwight talks weren't going anywhere and he's better as a plan B than nothing, obviously. The way some of you guys talk it's like he's the worst 5 in the league, despite being one of the only offensive options on one of the worst teams in the league his first two seasons.

I resigned myself to the reality that Dwight wasn't coming to NJ/BK the weekend beforehand - it's Dwight's fault for not being concrete with his plans. If Brook stays healthy, he will put up better numbers than '10-'11 across the board, simply because his workload will be that much lighter.

Mono is one of those illnesses that just does a really good job of wearing you down and making any other condition you have worse. I know for some people they are fine in a few days, but I remember when I caught it years ago - missed almost 3 weeks of work with basically a fever every day of it, and it took a month after that to just get back to a normal level of energy.

So I totally believe the weight loss part. The 6 months recovery part? Did he break his ankle on the couch?

Yeah, you know, you just gain back 15lbs of muscle and your stamina and conditioning just recovering on a couch you know? Easy.

Vyer

The real question is how good is Bropez at thugging it up against smaller players and getting kicked out of games.

I know mono can be a bitch, but he had it in June of 2010. You expecting to believe that a professional athlete was still crippled by its effects 4 months later in October when the season started and into April of 2011 when it ended? Really? Or could it be that he just had a down year because he wasn't all that great to begin with?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
There's better arguments to make why Bropez had a down year in 2011.

The easiest one to make? Avery Johnson.

Mxrz

Which is a stupid argument, because the Nets only signed Brook to a max deal because the Dwight talks weren't going anywhere and he's better as a plan B than nothing, obviously. The way some of you guys talk it's like he's the worst 5 in the league, despite being one of the only offensive options on one of the worst teams in the league his first two seasons.

His contract is one of the worst in the league.

You guys can like Lopez all you want. Just do it on your team. I've seen him play enough to know that I don't want him or his horrible contract anywhere near the Magic.

I'm not even sure if I want Bynum at this point if the Rockets are really offering up such a nice deal. There's a good chance Bynum would just end up as another Dwight situation and I'm burnt on that. I'm actually liking the idea of rebuilding more each day. If we got Bynum that probably put us at the 7th/8th in the East again, unless we could somehow convince another allstar to show up or somehow hit the jackpot on one of those draftees. Being Miami fodder in the 1st round for the next couple of years doesn't seem like a great place to be.

squicken

HowardBeckNYT
Posting momentarily to http://nytimes.com: Lin will be a Rocket. Knicks deliberations over.

I'm surprised by that. Really thought they'd match. I wonder if the Bulls pass on Asik if Morey has screwed himself on the Howard stuff. Since he didn't sign them both to an offer sheet at the same time he clearly thinks it impairs his deal making to have both on the books

Sounds like Hill chose Clippers because of money. Lakers offered vet min, Clippers offered BIE.

Well, time to look for someone who shoots 3s, now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom