• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Someone on REALGM Bulls broke it down nicely. This will be the Bulls team this year, if they DO NOT match Asik.

Derrick Rose $16,402,500
Carlos Boozer $15,000,000
Luol Deng $13,365,000
Joakim Noah $11,300,000
Richard Hamilton $5,000,000
Kirk Hinrich $3,000,000
Taj Gibson $2,155,811
Jimmy Butler $1,066,920
Marquis Teague $1,020,960
vet min $854,389
vet min $854,389
vet min $854,389
vet min $854,389

Total $71.737387

LuchaShaq

Banned
People arguing Bynum isn't better than brooks. Please act like Bynum wouldn't have been at 22-25 ooh if he had a real pg and without Kobe jacking up bad shots freezing him out to 5-7 shots half the games?

squicken

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/18/s...n-rockets-offer-sheet.html?_r=1&smid=tw-share

The Knicks plan to cut ties with Jeremy Lin on Tuesday night, according to a person briefed on the decision, ending a brief, spectacular and now bittersweet love affair between the 23-year-old point guard and his adoring fan base. Lin will play next season for the Houston Rockets, who signed him to a three-year, $25.1 million offer sheet that the Knicks have elected not to match.

The Knicks are not expected to announce their decision until this evening, and there is still a chance — albeit incredibly small — that it could be reversed. But as of 4 p.m. the decision had been made and was considered final by those with knowledge of the deliberations. Indeed, the deliberations were said to be over.

Come the fuck on. NYT even with the maybes

Now that the Linsaga is over I'm ready for the Dwightmare to end so I can figure out who, other than Orlando, is going to be our top tanking competitor.

Truphenom

Someone on REALGM Bulls broke it down nicely. This will be the Bulls team this year, if they DO NOT match Asik.

Derrick Rose $16,402,500
Luol Deng $13,365,000
Joakim Noah $11,300,000
Kirk Hinrich $3,000,000
Taj Gibson $2,155,811
Jimmy Butler $1,066,920
vet min $854,389
vet min $854,389
vet min $854,389
vet min $854,389

Total $71.737387

Deng makes that much???

shira

LATR3LLSPR3W3LL said:
Fellow Knick fans .
I renounce my title as a knick fan (NOT a LIN fan )
The totality of terrible decisions year after year has finally forced my hand .
This was the final nail in the coffin .
While some may not miss me and label me as disloyal , I will NOT be a fan of any other team . I may watch the NBA but my heart is OUT .
I wish you all nothing but the best !!
I will check in from time to time during the season to laugh WITH you about the inequities of this team and organization .
Until then my NYK brothers , nothing but love
melty

Orlando's GM will be met with pitchforks and flames if he doesn't trade Dwight to Houston. That's the best deal he has. He doesn't owe Dwight anything.

Pimpwerx

Derrick Rose $16,402,500
Luol Deng $13,365,000
Joakim Noah $11,300,000
Kirk Hinrich $3,000,000
Taj Gibson $2,155,811
Jimmy Butler $1,066,920
vet min $854,389
vet min $854,389
vet min $854,389
vet min $854,389

Total $71.737387

Bulls need to jettison Deng and amnesty Boozer. Noah is worth keeping. Rip will retire soon enough (I bet their fans hope so, at least). They have Taj at a great price. They should have been able to do more with trades though, given they had one of the best benches in the league. CJ, JLIII and Asik left for nothing. That seems like a waste. PEACE.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Bulls need to jettison Deng and amnesty Boozer. Noah is worth keeping. Rip will retire soon enough (I bet their fans hope so, at least). They have Taj at a great price. They should have been able to do more with trades though, given they had one of the best benches in the league. CJ, JLIII and Asik left for nothing. That seems like a waste. PEACE.
No need for Rip to retire. He'll only be a team option after this year. They will not be paying Boozer $16 million next year to do nothing. They won't amnesty him. This is also Taj's last year before becoming a RFA, I believe.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Ken Berger said:
League source confirms @HowardBeckNYT report that Knicks' current plan is not to match Houston offer sheet for Jeremy Lin.

Jameer Nelson is our best player.

We got this.

I think you might. Fortunately, the worst team almost never wins the lottery. And if by some chance the lottery is actually rigged I doubt Stern wants to weather the fallout of 3 teams in a row being gifted the top pick after losing their best player to FA. I like our chances.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Hi all i'm new here and I'm cursed to be a knicks fan....

with that said.

Whats the odds Felton becomes the most hated knicks player since eddy curry... I mean they are on the same diet

squicken

Orlando's GM will be met with pitchforks and flames if he doesn't trade Dwight to Houston. That's the best deal he has. He doesn't owe Dwight anything.

The rumored deal was nothing he was ever offered. Morey wasn't going to trade all of his young guys and take all of ORL bad deals for Howard.

If the Rockets get Lin and Asik that limits the bad contracts they can take back from Orlando though, which was a selling point. And we still have no idea what Hoiston is offering in the first place. It'll be interesting to see what Morey does in regards to Dwight if they end up with Lin and Asik.

Pimpwerx

No need for Rip to retire. He'll only be a team option after this year. They will not be paying Boozer $16 million next year to do nothing. They won't amnesty him. This is also Taj's last year before becoming a RFA, I believe.

Oh crap, I forgot Boozer had another 3 seasons and like $46M left to steal. I was gonna say there's no way he clears waivers, and Chicago will only be responsible for the remaining balance of the contract that's not paid by the team that claims him. However, over 3 years that should still be over $20M. Yikes! OTOH, Boozer should be tradable. If Joe Johnson could be moved, Boozer can be moved. PEACE.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's

So basically, we're boned.

Planning for 2014. We'll only have $30 million on the books with Rose and Noah (Boozer amnestied). Taj will probably have a contract too, around 7-8 million. We'll get that Mirotic guy.

2014 is so far....

The rumored deal was nothing he was ever offered. Morey wasn't going to trade all of his young guys and take all of ORL bad deals for Howard.

Well, the new rumor has Houston taking on bad contracts and getting Bynum. Which makes no sense. They help the Lakers get Dwight Howard and then take all of Orlando's garbage? Makes zero sense.

h3ro

jhSnnJ828XOBn.jpg

:(

exarkun

Rockets got Lin?

WE BACK ON THE MAP BABAY!

Lin jerseys for everyone! Pimp is paying (after he pays his monthly child support to his sister)!

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Hahaha

Have you missed everything that's been going on this summer? No way some inept GM out there doesn't offer Taj a max or at least a 3-4 year deal with a "poison pill" final year.

Poison pill won't affect Bulls cap for 2014 (the next good FA class). I do see him possibly getting 10 mil/yr though. God GMs are stupid.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Well, the new rumor has Houston taking on bad contracts and getting Bynum. Which makes no sense. They help the Lakers get Dwight Howard and then take all of Orlando's garbage? Makes zero sense.

Which is why it's just a rumor. That won't happen either.

As for Lin... I don't even know what to think. Always figured the Knicks would match lol, can't figure out either franchise.

Rockets at least now have a *rich* pg, lets see if Lin really does have "it" over the course of a full season.

Please Bulls match Asik!

linsivvi

Hi all i'm new here and I'm cursed to be a knicks fan....

with that said.

Whats the odds Felton becomes the most hated knicks player since eddy curry... I mean they are on the same diet

Role-playing as another team's fan is all the rage right now.

So if you don't mind me asking, are you really a Knicks fan or just playing one on NeoGAF?

Seeing people on Facebook talk about how they're going to be Nets fans once Lin leaves is hilarious. Decades of shitty basketball and this is what convinces them to give up on the Knicks.

This is the same GM that was going to help the Lakers get Chris Paul so that he could add Pau "Coming off the worst postseason of my life" Gasol. It makes plenty of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom