• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Knicks are smart not to sign him. 1 partial season of undeserved hype doesn't mean you should pay that kind of cash to a backup PG.

Lin would've fixed that?

By himself? Of course not but it was more about giving them "hope." Plus if he did indeed excel it makes them a lot more relevant. If he doesn't get rid of him in his third year as an expiring contract.

The good outweigh the bad. Now they are looking at the highest paid front court (melo, amare, tyson) with no hope in their back court. No hope for their fans either, and with BK Nets making a splash it just doesn't look like things are going to go their way.

By himself? Of course not but it was more about giving them "hope." Plus if he did indeed excel it makes them a lot more relevant. If he doesn't get rid of him in his third year as an expiring contract.

The good outweigh the bad. Now they are looking at the highest paid front court (melo, amare, tyson) with no hope in their back court.

I'm not saying bringing Lin back would've been a bad idea, but people talk about him as if he's an all-star.

I honestly don't understand why Knicks fans exist. Dolan and his inbred nepotistic practices breed a culture of futility and losing. As long as every management move is at the behest of Dolan and his repugnant family (that he conveniently placed on MSG's Board of Directors to form a festering cesspool of genetic filth), the Knicks will never, ever come close to winning a title. Ever. There is no "hope." There is only Dolan.

Pimpwerx

Lin would've fixed that?

Oh course. I've read some Knicks fan think Lin will average 16/7. That's only Steve Nash territory. I've never seen anyone go from the waiver wire to the ASG in a season, but Jesus Lin had that trajectory in NY's eyes. At least Houston fans are being honest. They just want him to sell merch. PEACE.

I gave up on this already.
My only hope and possible joy is to watch MSG stock plummet like a falling rocket tomorrow.

the news came out RIGHT after the stock market closed. guess they feel people will get over it by tomorrow so their stocks are relatively untouched.

sneaky fuckers.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
So basically, we're boned.

Planning for 2014. We'll only have $30 million on the books with Rose and Noah (Boozer amnestied). Taj will probably have a contract too, around 7-8 million. We'll get that Mirotic guy.

2014 is so far....
Seph, you know Boozer will not be amnestied. Stop that.

Seeing people on Facebook talk about how they're going to be Nets fans once Lin leaves is hilarious. Decades of shitty basketball and this is what convinces them to give up on the Knicks.

My asian NY/NJ friends are furious right now. Now, Lin at $15 million in 2015, that is overpaid.

Edit: When did Syphon become a Nets fan? I don't remember seeing any applications.

SamuraiX-

David Steele ‏@David_C_Steele
So it only took 2 1/2 years to unload everybody from the greatest sports photo ever taken.
gilbert-arenas-gun.jpg

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Oh crap, I forgot Boozer had another 3 seasons and like $46M left to steal. I was gonna say there's no way he clears waivers, and Chicago will only be responsible for the remaining balance of the contract that's not paid by the team that claims him. However, over 3 years that should still be over $20M. Yikes! OTOH, Boozer should be tradable. If Joe Johnson could be moved, Boozer can be moved. PEACE.
That requires a competent FO. The Bulls could try trading Rose now for nothing, and they still wouldn't be able to get it done.

squicken

Jonathan Feigen ‏@Jonathan_Feigen

Once it is official on Lin, Rockets will have to waive one player, wait 48 hours, then sign Omer Asik to offer sheet and begin that process.

lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Knicks are smart not to sign him. 1 partial season of undeserved hype doesn't mean you should pay that kind of cash to a backup PG.

Yet it seems everyone else on the roster is being payed big time and have proven to be not worth their insane contracts.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

This is so stupid.

The Knicks have no chance of winning a championship this year. They are almost assuredly not going to get through the first round of the playoffs.

They needed to get a Steve Nash type of player to even be somewhat legitimate. Felton / Kidd to say the least is not going to get it done. Jeremy Lin has the potential to be a lot better than this rag tag crew of heavy drinkers.

Lin's contract is essentially a 2/10 and an expiring. Hell if they waived him they could spread the cap hit over multiple years.

So really now of all times they're going to promote fiscal responsibility. They are going to get rid of the only player on the team (outside of Shump) with the potential to improve over the next 3 years, they are going to get rid of a guy who is worth every penny he is getting paid in revenue to be made off the court, they are going to get rid of the guy who saved their season last year and actually made the Knicks relevant for the first time in god knows how long.

And for what? To save themselves some money in 2015. Great.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Once it is official on Lin, Rockets will have to waive one player, wait 48 hours, then sign Omer Asik to offer sheet and begin that process.

lol

We all knew this was coming... right? lol wonder who gets waived. Who the hell is on the roster besides rookies lol Guess one of those extra crappy PF's goes.

squicken

We all knew this was coming... right? lol wonder who gets waived. Who the hell is on the roster besides rookies lol Guess one of those extra crappy PF's goes.

They've got Livingston's non-guaranteed deal, but why not just but Morris out of his misery at this point?

The Asik, Lin contracts will not impact talks with Magic, per source. Talks on trade for Dwight Howard have taken those deals into account.

One more thing on Rockets-Magic talks; they've been ongoing all week. LA-Magic talks also not new, but would involve Rockets as 3rd team.

Follow up tweet by Feigen. Sounds like Rockets think Howard trade must involve them at some level

SamuraiX-

Copeland tearing it up against the Nuggets.

I think he'll be really nice for the Knicks. Hope he gets the opportunity to prove himself in the league.

Matrix

They've got Livingston's non-guaranteed deal, but why not just but Morris out of his misery at this point?

Follow up tweet by Feigen

Oh yea forgot about Livingston.

Yea Morris can say bye bye, but who knows. Morey loves his PF's.

"Follow up tweet by Feigen "

Glad to know that, but I still don't want Asik.

masud

Banned
Oh course. I've read some Knicks fan think Lin will average 16/7. That's only Steve Nash territory. I've never seen anyone go from the waiver wire to the ASG in a season, but Jesus Lin had that trajectory in NY's eyes. At least Houston fans are being honest. They just want him to sell merch. PEACE.

You are truly the worst. We thought lark was bad but shit. Don't call it a comeback .

Hey knicks GAF, remember how Felton would not pass the ball to a wide open Gallo and would instead take some ridiculous shot? Replace Gallo with Novak for a look to the future.

This is really heart breaking stuff. I saw the way the team played when Lin was on the floor. I haven't seen a knicks team that electric in almost 15 years. And now after putting up with all the bull shit, and bad players this is how the knicks thank their loyal fan base, by not keeping the one player who gave us a glimmer of hope.

I will never change teams, but I might be done actively rooting for this piece of shit organization. Why should I waste my time rooting for more of the same old crap?

Fuck Melo
Fuck Dolan
Fuck Everyone

Fox318

Now I gotta watch fat felton and kid fight their way up the wheelchair ramp only to pass the ball to JR and melo to fight over who is gonna chuck the next 30 footer

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Now I gotta watch fat felton and kid fight their way up the wheelchair ramp only to pass the ball to JR and melo to fight over who is gonna chuck the next 30 footer

yeah its going to be ugly.... very ugly and I'm more pissed that the knicks used the mini MLE on Kidd if there was a chance they weren't going to keep Lin, than I am at the fact their not going to keep lin. This will be the 3rd year in a row that a major part of the knicks back court is at retirement age. The only justification was Kidd was going to mentor Lin.

Matrix

yeah its going to be ugly.... very ugly and I'm more pissed that the knicks used the mini MLE on Kidd if there was a chance they weren't going to keep Lin, than I am at the fact their not going to keep lin. This will be the 3rd year in a row that a major part of the knicks back court is at retirement age. The only justification was Kidd was going to mentor Lin.

He's too busy getting DUI's to mentor Lin.

masud

Banned
This is so stupid.

The Knicks have no chance of winning a championship this year. They are almost assuredly not going to get through the first round of the playoffs.

They needed to get a Steve Nash type of player to even be somewhat legitimate. Felton / Kidd to say the least is not going to get it done. Jeremy Lin has the potential to be a lot better than this rag tag crew of heavy drinkers.

Lin's contract is essentially a 2/10 and an expiring. Hell if they waived him they could spread the cap hit over multiple years.

So really now of all times they're going to promote fiscal responsibility. They are going to get rid of the only player on the team (outside of Shump) with the potential to improve over the next 3 years, they are going to get rid of a guy who is worth every penny he is getting paid in revenue to be made off the court, they are going to get rid of the guy who saved their season last year and actually made the Knicks relevant for the first time in god knows how long.

And for what? To save themselves some money in 2015. Great.

This guy gets it. And to add to that Lin is 23 years old. He could actually be part of our future. You know after this team bombs out in the 1st or 2nd round 3-5 years in a row? (neohawks is a movement) You can't Deny that Lin has potential, he's young and he's barely played ffs. And we just give up on that up for nothing? Cause we got it like that?

charsace

Knew this was gonna happen. Dolan was mad with Lin's agent so the only way Lin would end up back on the Knicks is if they apologized to Dolan. Dolan is an idiot.

MarshMelo better play his heart out because he is Dolan's man.

Fox318

I'm already hearing people say "Remember Novak was really what brought Lin out" and "Shumps was the real reason Lin was good"

Novak couldn't create a shot and makes Amare look like LeBron defensively.

And Shumps is injured. We still don't have a solid time frame for his return yet.

charsace

I'm already hearing people say "Remember Novak was really what brought Lin out" and "Shumps was the real reason Lin was good"

Novak couldn't create a shot and makes Amare look like LeBron defensively.

And Shumps is injured. We still don't have a solid time frame for his return yet.

Lin was good, those people are idiots. At least now people will start pimping Lin now that he's not a Knick.

This may have been discussed and I've never been a CJ Watson fan, but how did the Nets get him for two years at the veteran minimum? The contracts being thrown around are outrageous and he's a decent back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom