• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT3| The Barclays Center is covered in rust

giri

we shoot up buses (and miss) with AKs here in Philly and no one gives a shit.

Bestest city or BESTEST City?

The government changed the definition of when conception of pregnancy is so girls have 2 weeks less time to get an abortion.

Philly might have fucked up gangs and people, but Arizona are majority voting to put their fucked up people in charge.

edit:

I just wanted to say, that whilst the state it self makes it hard, the suns organization seems to be one of the few rational places that exist in the state. The people involved there seem usually, genuinely appalled at a lot of the dumb shit that gets turned into law there.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The government changed the definition of when conception of pregnancy is so girls have 2 weeks less time to get an abortion.

Philly might have fucked up gangs and people, but Arizona are majority voting to put their fucked up people in charge.

To be more specific, they changed it so that girls are two weeks pregnant before the sexual intercourse even happens.

But anyway...

giri

To be more specific, they changed it so that girls are two weeks pregnant before the sexual intercourse even happens.

But anyway...

I didn't want to get into specifics but yes, technically if you're female and in Arizona you're at least 2 weeks pregnant already.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
watching the '10 Finals games still. The officiating was notably shitty. the most ridiculous phantom calls seem to go against Boston. the worst example is an offensive foul on KG for three seconds in the key when the shotclock was at 20 and it took two seconds to even bring the ball past halfcourt.
lol After the shady shit that went down in 08 people can cry me a god damned river.

I'm not even going to get into the bullshit that went down in the last minutes of game 2 in the '10 finals either... fucking ridiculous. Home court my ass.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I really don't want to get into that debate again... officiating sucks in general.

But lets be real, Pau getting shit on has become less of a rarity and shooting 40 FTs in the same game that you shot 20 three pointers is equally ridiculous.

I really don't want to get into that debate again... officiating sucks in general.

But lets be real, Pau getting shit on has become less of a rarity and shooting 40 FTs in the same game that you shot 20 three pointers is equally ridiculous.

I'm ignoring this because we won. The end.

I didn't want to get into specifics but yes, technically if you're female and in Arizona you're at least 2 weeks pregnant already.

...Phoenix Sons?

SamuraiX-

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
NBA free agent Donte Greene suffered an ankle fracture while working out in Charlotte last Saturday, his agent Chris Luchey tells Y! Sports.

Poor bastard.

Charlotte would've been just the right balance of fuckball for him.

Also, wow, Lakers are getting $4 billion over 20 years. That's $200 million a season from TV alone. No wonder the Buss family is going all in on the team, not saving money

YSHe2.gif

it's pretty nuts. Original reports were $2-3 trillion which is $100-150 million. But at $200 mil per season, they can field a $130 mil roster (including LT payments), pay off $50 mil in revenue sharing, and have $20 mil + gate receipts + merch + concessions + league media revenues - operating expenses for profit.

I said Dayum!

Buss is gonna pay Kobe next contract legit money because of this. I could totally see Kobe signing a 2 year, $40 mil contract.

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-c...ey/2012/08/29/

I may be a pessimist but Dwight seems like he is just trolling the shit outta the Lakers (and their fans) with all this over the top "happiness" to be wearing the jersey and whatnot.

I still feel like he's gonna bounce next summer.

Really? And go where? I'd be shocked (and kind of devastated) if he leaves. I just don't see a star leaving Los Angeles. Hell, with that TV deal, Lakers will guarantee they will pay for players.

Nelo Ice

Banned
http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-c-dwight-howard-rocking-his-new-jersey/2012/08/29/

I may be a pessimist but Dwight seems like he is just trolling the shit outta the Lakers (and their fans) with all this over the top "happiness" to be wearing the jersey and whatnot.

I still feel like he's gonna bounce next summer.

Anything's possible but he'd be leaving $25 million and an extra year on the table. His only other realistic option as far as we know is Dallas and Atlanta is a longshot.

it's pretty nuts. Original reports were $2-3 trillion which is $100-150 million. But at $200 mil per season, they can field a $130 mil roster (including LT payments), pay off $50 mil in revenue sharing, and have $20 mil + gate receipts + merch + concessions + league media revenues - operating expenses for profit.

I said Dayum!

Buss is gonna pay Kobe next contract legit money because of this. I could totally see Kobe signing a 2 year, $40 mil contract.

Yep and I read somewhere that they'd rather go all in and pay tax than let other teams get in on that TV money.

Really? And go where? I'd be shocked (and kind of devastated) if he leaves. I just don't see a star leaving Los Angeles. Hell, with that TV deal, Lakers will guarantee they will pay for players.

For someone that was adamant about not wanting to go to the Lakers and only wanting to go to Brooklyn, his jovial reaction to becoming a Laker is a little unbelievable to me.

Dwight will get his money wherever he goes.

Put it like this: It's not a foregone conclusion for me that he will re-sign, stay.

linsivvi

Yeah that $4 billions 20 years figure has been thrown around for a while now but it was never confirmed by a legit source until now.

giri

For someone that was adamant about not wanting to go to the Lakers and only wanting to go to Brooklyn, his jovial reaction to becoming a Laker is a little unbelievable to me.

Put it like this: It's not a foregone conclusion for me that he will re-sign, stay.

Lakes will have a lot of money ... soon.

But it's a year after his renewal.

don't Pau, Nash, and Kobe all come off contract the same year?

Thats a lot of money to play with. Thats a lot of Starters Minutes to replace.

Lakes will have a lot of money ... soon.

But it's a year after his renewal.

don't Pau, Nash, and Kobe all come off contract the same year?

Thats a lot of money to play with. Thats a lot of Starters Minutes to replace.

Nash has 1 more year than the other two.

MWP has 2 more years as well along with Blake. Nash is the only current Laker on contract in 3 seasons right now.

Well, LA was on his list til he talked to Kobe. And now after losing, seems Kobe is ready bring Dwight in and thus it's okay. We'll see. I just can't see him leaving.

How does Los Angeles Lakers starting center Brooke Lopez sound? Signing Humphries to that two year deal gonna look brilliant next summer.

I hope so. I hope we press the hell out of teams this year with our guards.
PJ's a bright talent, probably the most potential on the team but I have my doubts about his bball IQ/consistency in an organized setting.

So much depends on how Paige and James start off. If they hit the ground running, were gonna be a factor especially since this is a down year.
Either way though will definitely be a lot more fun than last season unless we flat out suck like 09/10

Roy Williams has the most talented backcourt he's had at UNC in Bullock and Hairston. If Roy is smart (not always the case) he will give both of them (and McDonald as well) the green light to shoot. If he continues to run his big focused offensive scheme they will struggle big time.

First of all Greg is from Louisiana

Secondly Washington DC has no right trying to call another city shitty

DC proper sure, but as a whole the surrounding metro area is the most affluent and educated in the entire country. That makes DC far from shitty in my eyes.

DC proper sure, but as a whole the surrounding metro area is the most affluent and educated in the entire country. That makes DC far from shitty in my eyes.

Yeah I'm not even bother responding to him about it. D.C frequently tops lists of "Happiest Cities in the U.S". Lots of jobs to be had in the DC Metro area. There are going to be hoods and ghettos in every major city.

Please explain your logic behind this idea. I'd rather handle this civilly than rip your joke of a franchise apart.

Bro you've got 3 chips to our 1, big whoop. Laimbeers only fit to be a head coach for a womans team, Isaiah is one of the worst GM's of all time and Joe picked Darko over Carmelo Anthony. You owe your one ring in the last 15 years to Kobe's fetish for white girls.

I aint even mad at Detroit though, seems like a perfect place to film Blade Runner 2 on a low budget.

you guys all lol-ed at ryu, but you never know what might happen this season

if the team implodes he may peace out. it most likely will not though

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
you guys all lol-ed at ryu, but you never know what might happen this season

if the team implodes he may peace out. it most likely will not though

Right so many things can happen. The Lakers are old, anybody on that team could go down - like the Lakers are utterly fucked if Nash gets hurt. They could just scrub out of the playoffs early even if everybody is healthy thanks to a bad matchup and Mike Brown's ineptitude. Even if the Lakers managed to make it all work and won it all, Dwight still might bail anyway because he doesn't want to play on the same team as Kobe and he doesn't want to spend the rest of his career in LA.

The point is nobody knows.

Man, Chinese people are really racist. I get a lot of calls from Asian parents (Since I teach) and these are some highlights of a conversation I had with one yesterday:

Mother - "I am looking for somebody who can help motivate my child --- he doesn't seem to care about his music and his teacher is an old Chinese man right now, and I thought somebody young like you could relate to him more"

Me - "Well that's nice, just know that I expect him to work this amount blah blah blah"

Mother - "Yes, he seems to behave very much like a white boy. He tells me that I stereotype and I am prejudiced, but it is not that! I tell him you simply cannot grow to be like a white boy, you must grow to be like an Asian boy. He was invited to a baseball academy because coaches think he is very good, but I did not support it because he is an Asian boy, he needs to focus on schoolwork and music lessons"

Me - "Uh....ok....well I can certainly help him do that"

Mother - "You know, I think he can do well --- on his baseball team, he is the only Chinese boy, and I feel that he is the only one who pays attention to detail, unlike the rest of the white boys on his team"

Me - *Facepalm*

Mother - "My daughter is a very traditional Asian girl, but my son seems to have a lot of confidence like his white friends, which is VERY unusual for an Asian boy"

Me - "........................................................"

Mother - "I noticed that you are Chinese. How did your parents let you go into music!?!?"

Seriously WTF

Lol phee. Asians are notoriously prejudiced.

I dated a Korean chick many moons ago and her parents always gave me the stank look everytime I come over.

The only Asians that don't give a fuck are filipinos

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Went to the Refused concert last night. Any fans? I never listened to them before but they were definitely fun.

Top Bottom