• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT3| The Barclays Center is covered in rust

Jeff-DSA

Doctors are for losers. When the Heat won the championship did you see a bunch of doctors running around celebrating with the Heat? No, you didn't. You saw winners.

giri

Reading that makes me want to see Chalmers get traded and try to assert himself as top dog on his new team. The fallout would be some damn good entertainment. The Knicks would be perfect for him.

Why wait? Go watch Houston Rockets Trevor Ariza.

Basically same shit.

Mxrz

Mario Chalmers would be a really good player if he played for a team with a coach and an actual offense beyond Style & Bullshit

"Give LeBron the fucking ball" is a pretty good offense when they remember it.

I eagerly await seeing if all the Dwight faces have been scrubbed off the Amway Center on opening night. If you find one, you should get a reward. Like a LeBron poster or something.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Lakers to retire Shaquille O'Neal's No. 34 jersey on April 2.

Lakers to unveil Kareem Abdul-Jabaar statue in front of Staples Center on Nov. 16.

Lakers to retire Hall of Famer Jamaal Wilkes' No. 52 jersey on Dec. 28 at halftime.

edit:
http://www.nba.com/lakers/releases/120830_shaqkareemwilkes_honored

The Los Angeles Lakers will hold ceremonies to honor three of their all-time great players during the 2012-13 season, it was announced today.

In the first of these events, on Friday November 16, the Lakers and STAPLES Center will unveil a statue of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar at Star Plaza outside STAPLES Center. Kareem’s statue will join those of former Lakers Earvin “Magic” Johnson and Jerry West, former Kings hockey great Wayne Gretzky, boxer Oscar De La Hoya and former Lakers broadcaster Francis “Chick” Hearn.

On Friday December 28, in a half-time ceremony, the Lakers will retire jersey #52 in honor of Jamaal Wilkes, and on Tuesday April 2, will retire jersey #34 in honor of Shaquille O’Neal.
So much to look forward to this season.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Such a rich legacy the Lakers have.

Statues that I think belong at Staples:

Chick
Magic
West
Kareem
Baylor
Shaq
Kobe
Mitch ; )
Dr. Buss

Ced sobs uncontrollably somewhere

http://www.beyondthebuzzer.com/2012/08/29/spotted-dwight-howard-working-out-in-china/#more-1981
48MAJ.png

bitch made.

I wish LAL would be more 'fuck y'all" about their statues and jersey retirings.

Retire Wilkes jersey at home against Golden State or LAC

Unveil Kareem's statue when The Bucks visit.

Retire Shaq's jersey before facing Miami or Orlando.

about Lob City.....do they have a chance to compete with the Spurs in the playoffs this year? San Antonio is a wily ass team, but they're only getting older and they're actually playing a full season this year. Age will be an issue. I like that young blood they got in Patty Mills, but Tiego Splitter? lol.

about Lob City.....do they have a chance to compete with the Spurs in the playoffs this year? San Antonio is a wily ass team, but they're only getting older and they're actually playing a full season this year. Age will be an issue. I like that young blood they got in Patty Mills, but Tiego Splitter? lol.

No. Spurs are too good.

Who wants to bet that at the jersey retiring ceremony Shaq says some shit close to "The center yall got now better have a 3-peat or else he ain't me!"

Who wants to bet that at the jersey retiring ceremony Shaq says some shit close to "The center yall got now better have a 3-peat or else he ain't me!"

No he'll probably say something like "I GOT TO PLAY IN FRONT OF THE BEST FANS IN THE WORLD FOR THE BEST COACH IN THE WORLD AND WITH THE BEST 2GUARD IN THE WORLD! CAN YOU DIIIIG IT!!?!?!"

and then he'll say the exact same thing a few years later when the Heat retire his jersey, and retire one for Hoopz for good measure.

linsivvi

Yep you don't get your jeresey retired unless your a hall of famer. Lakers don't retire role players or other teams jerseys.

Also thought this was a nice read on jersey retirement.
http://www.lakersnation.com/remember-when-retiring-jerseys-meant-something/2012/08/28/

Who's that girl in the video at the bottom of the page?

No he'll probably say something like "I GOT TO PLAY IN FRONT OF THE BEST FANS IN THE WORLD FOR THE BEST COACH IN THE WORLD AND WITH THE BEST 2GUARD IN THE WORLD! CAN YOU DIIIIG IT!!?!?!"

and then he'll say the exact same thing a few years later when the Heat retire his jersey, and retire one for Hoopz for good measure.

While they are at it the Heat should retire Riley's number too.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2012/08/29/allen-iverson-returns-in-nba-2k13

As one of the few prominent former stars absent from NBA 2K11 and 2K12 fans have constantly clamored for Allen Iverson to be added to the roster. That makes it a big deal that Iverson will be included in NBA 2K13 as announced today by 2K Sports. With Charles Barkley joining the Dream Team (but no historical teams) that leaves only Reggie Miller in the short list of fan-favorite names that have glaringly been absent from the series.

Oh look, 2k trying to do something that sounds impressive but really isn't.

Go F yourselves, 2k, when the online inevitably sucks again.

Why would they even bother when the competition is EA?

Apparently PP reported that NBA Live may be sold as a digital download for 20

That is straight up LOL

This is the first year I might boycott them period, now that I've seen mods there is really no reason to buy this year's game if they don't come with significant upgrades especially to online

It's too bad Live will probably suck, because I probably would buy a barebones sports sim for $20. I basically exclusively play sports games 1v1 with friends or exhibition games by myself to kill 30 minutes. I don't need the full $60 worth of features and extra shit.

It's too bad Live will probably suck, because I probably would buy a barebones sports sim for $20. I basically exclusively play sports games 1v1 with friends or exhibition games by myself to kill 30 minutes. I don't need the full $60 worth of features and extra shit.

You're probably better off getting Jam On fire but that's probably a wash now cause I don't think they'll update rosters for that anymore...

I just wanna play pick up games with my player, removing them took the motivation out of playing that mode.

They need to come with some fresh features I'm not paying full price for a roster update.

You're probably better off getting Jam On fire but that's probably a wash now cause I don't think they'll update rosters for that anymore...

I was close to buying Blitz last weekend to satisfy my football fix but I read it didnt' turn out so hot. Plus of course they won't update those rosters either. I need me some RGIII.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I was close to buying Blitz last weekend to satisfy my football fix but I read it didnt' turn out so hot. Plus of course they won't update those rosters either. I need me some RGIII.

Buying the first madden I have bought in four years

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

Where is that gif from it looks funny as hell.

I actually think he officially buries the hatchet with dwight during that speech and then makes that 3-peat statement as a joke with chuck where its less likely to become a PR nightmare for him.

Top Bottom