• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck76

Banned
Pppl call out Battier going down WITH CONTACT, but when Melo goes down like he took a bullet from a sniper no one mentions it. Thats why you can't selectively pick out plays like that- just watch the game, the calls will even out.

Battier landed on Melo's shoe as he came back down

Pppl call out Battier going down WITH CONTACT, but when Melo goes down like he took a bullet from a sniper no one mentions it. Thats why you can't selectively pick out plays like that- just watch the game, the calls will even out.
Because Battier came down straight on Melo's foot. Pay attention now

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Like a repeat of G1.

Orlando shooting 28% from the field.
Indiana shooting 55% from the field.

Orlando only down by 3 at the end of 1.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
except no one was where the shoe was but Wade and Bibby.

Bibby's shoes get under player's feet all the time when he is wearing them.. why give them more range..

And regardless it was a foreign object on the court.. doesn't matter if the entire team was there or Wade and Gloria James..

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Why the hell would Wade leave it on the court at the Knicks basket where they're trying to score? Why are we still talking about this?

Because the Heat didn't have possession and it was only the two of them at the basket and Wade was backpedaling?

IN a playoff game, tossing a shoe off the court should be nothing.

But when you get a tech for taunting, staring dudes down or tossing the ball to the ref too aggressively then that should be a tech.

But I'm seriously tired of how poorly some of these series have been officiated.

reilo

THIS IS PLAYOFF BASKETBALL. SHOES GET TOSSED.

Meanwhile, on the other end of the court...

Gigglepoo

Pacers are terrible. If Dwight was healthy, these would be blowouts.

Did you miss the Pacers last season? They took the Bulls to the brink (leading in the final minute) in three of their four losses. Indiana can play with anyone, but they lose close and late because they don't have a dominant scorer to take over down the stretch. If Dwight was playing, the result would be the same as Game 1.

Melo should also get a tech for throwing that ball at Chalmers.

Hopefully BS techs and weak foul calls are over with. Cause Game 1 was a pain to watch.

Did you miss the Pacers last season? They took the Bulls to the brink (leading in the final minute) in three of their four losses. Indiana can play with anyone, but they lose close and late because they don't have a dominant scorer to take over down the stretch. If Dwight was playing, the result would be the same as Game 1.

Bulls were coasting through that series and were being too reliant on Rose whose jumper was gone.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Neither does staring, but that doesn't stop the league, does it?

Actually taunting is considered a tech in the league and has been stated as such.. the ref called it as so...

Reasons why one would remove a foreign object off the court is obvious to anyone who played hoops..

Don't let the lame taunting rules plus your hatred for the heat turn you into a Lakers fan...

PBY

Banned
I wonder how Chalmers takes out his frustrations at home when thinking about lebron and dwyane yelling at him

Btw total sidebar, but you hear that Hock and Stugotz are gonna do the morning show on 790 throughout the playoffs every day?

reilo

Actually taunting is considered a tech in the league and has been stated as such.. the ref called it as so...

Reasons why one would remove a foreign object off the court is obvious to anyone who played hoops..

Don't let the lame taunting rules plus your hatred for the heat turn you into a Lakers fan...

We all know that the league doesn't call everything by the books -- especially when it comes to techs. The shoe wasn't even on a live play, so the argument that it was potentially harmful is bogus.

Besides, I am defending the Knicks of all teams.

Knicks fans, tell them how much I just looove the Knicks.

untitled-5aakap.gif

Hahaha

We all know that the league doesn't call everything by the books -- especially when it comes to techs. The shoe wasn't even on a live play, so the argument that it was potentially harmful is bogus.

Besides, I am defending the Knicks of all teams.

Knicks fans, tell them how much I just looove the Knicks.
I can attest that reilo loves the Knicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom