• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
It'd be ridiculous to give Thibs two in a row when Pop had only won one. Besides, its not like beating the Bobcats and Wizards every other game is that big of an accomplishment anyhow. Especially since Thibs had to run his guys into the ground to do it.

I agree that Pop is the definite COTY, but how many Bulls games did you watch? D-Rose averaged less minutes this year and missed plenty of games. Deng is the only player he plays a ton. Boozer's minutes are down. As are Noah's. Use facts when you argue and people will respect you more.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Guys.

Srsly?
That doesn't mean he thought Thibs deserves it more, but they possibly both were equally deserving, especially since he said he couldn't argue against Pop's getting it.

Put the sword down TCB, take time away from the battle to enjoy this moment. Bring out the bubbly water!

Duki

Banned
I have made fun of the Knicks giving Amare a $100mil uninsured contract because of his knees, but that's not the same as making fun of his knees. Learn the difference.

how is that different from using oden, sam bowie, and the every other portland gming disaster to make fun of their shitty front office

you have really thin skin sometimes

I agree that Pop is the definite COTY, but how many Bulls games did you watch? D-Rose averaged less minutes this year and missed plenty of games. Deng is the only player he plays a ton. Boozer's minutes are down. As are Noah's. Use facts when you argue and people will respect you more.
you get to beat up on the shittiest division in basketball doe

spurs did it in the west with a bunch of old men and nobody rotation players

giri

I get that sentiment. Lebron, YNB, Durant, those guys i think Brooks and Spo can play as much as possible. Those guys are all super well conditioned, super athletic guys who are pretty injury prone.

In this case Thibs had Deng and Rose who were injury maligned this year quite a bit. Instead of resting them full stop he'd play them every chance he could. Which brings more injuries but also kind of messes up the rhythm of the team as it's a different rotation every 3 or 5 nights.

Where as if you rest them up till full health then you have guys who have good chemistry because they're playing together a lot.

Tired players do things with poor posture / body control and get them selves injured.

Its why you shouldn't be playing even those guys, super high minutes.

I don't know how I did it, but apparently I got Bulls-age super mad without even trying.

lol

tho the amount of disrespect hurled towards me ought to be toned down

like srsly fellas just cause i can't retaliate cause of the new world order doesn't mean you have a free pass to say whatevadafuq you want.

Well actually, i suppose it does give you a free pass.

Damn.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
how is that different from using oden, sam bowie, and the every other portland gming disaster to make fun of their shitty front office

you have really thin skin sometimes

Saying that Amares contract was terrible is the same as posting pictures of Oden photoshopped as Mr Glass... how?

You have a really narrow minded singular view all the time.

And that wasn't Gondo's first jab at Oden's injuries, fyi.

giri

I don't know how I did it, but apparently I got Bulls-age super mad without even trying.

lol

tho the amount of disrespect hurled towards me ought to be toned down

like srsly fellas just cause i can't retaliate cause of the new world order doesn't mean you have a free pass to say whatevadafuq you want.

Well actually, i suppose it does give you a free pass.

Damn.

would you shut up clovingsteam.

h3ro

Paul Silas should be coach of the year.

kwXkW.jpg

Duki

Banned
Saying that Amares contract was terrible is the same as posting pictures of Oden photoshopped as Mr Glass... how?

You have a really narrow minded singular view all the time.

And that wasn't Gondo's first jab at Oden's injuries, fyi.

because youre the idiots who drafted the guy with the glass body

the same way the knicks are the idiots who signed the guy for a max contract when he had no knees and half a back and could go blind if he got hit in the head again

either both of these are making fun of injuries, or neither of them are

if both of them are, then you're a hypocrite, if neither of them are then you're complaining about nothing

reilo

the same way the knicks are the idiots who signed the guy for a max contract when he had no knees and half a back and could go blind if he got hit in the head again

if both of them are, then you're a hypocrite, if neither of them are then you're complaining about nothing

I have never made fun of Amare's injuries. Don't let charsace's false accusation speak gospel.

But keep on with the false equivalency.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Now that the rightful coach of the year has his due, if Harden is 6th man of the year, I'll punch glass.

i dunno, people were saying thibs was equally deserving

its p clear why hes not imo, even if he did a good job

usually it's not proper to give the award to the same coach on back to back years.

You could make a strong point in saying Pop was CotY last season. They were only a game back from having the best record anyway.

giri

I have never made fun of Amare's injuries. Don't let charsace's false accusation speak gospel.

You're just being a bit too emotional dude. Jokes happen.

I don't see you calling out all the guys posting rose pictures in this thread.

linsivvi

Yeah, gotta agree with Justin on this one. Pop is the obvious choice for COTY. It's also easier for the Bulls to have the same record that the Spurs did thanks to playing in a conference with 6 teams blatantly tanking since opening day.

Now that the rightful coach of the year has his due, if Harden is 6th man of the year, I'll punch glass.

Please provide photographic evidence when that happens.

Duki

Banned

im not the one saying this is making fun of injuries doe, you are. and its the same thing as the amare thing. the oden joke works because your shitty front office drafted him, on top of a history of amazing errors in drafting mind you, despite being injury prone and more importantly despite the fact that kevin long ass arms good god he's pretty good durant was sitting right there

not even gondo is making fun of oden himself, hes making fun of you for drafting oden

thats why its not different than your no insurance jokes

reilo

You're just being a bit too emotional dude. Jokes happen.

I don't see you calling out all the guys posting rose pictures in this thread.

I missed that one but I have called out plenty of posters making fun of other player's injuries.

im not the one saying this is making fun of injuries doe, you are. and its the same thing as the amare thing. the oden joke works because your shitty front office drafted him, on top of a history of amazing errors in drafting mind you, despite being injury prone and more importantly despite the fact that kevin long ass arms good god he's pretty good durant was sitting right there

not even gondo is making fun of oden himself, hes making fun of you for drafting oden

thats why its not different than your no insurance jokes

No he's not. He made several direct jabs at Oden over the past few months in response to me making fun of a stupid play that happened during the game by Durant or Westbrook. Try to keep up or don't bother joining into a conversation you are ill-equipped to have.

I have to admit, I did see what Portland was trying to do. If Oden panned out to a top 5-10 big man, you'd have a core of Roy, Batum, LMA, and Oden. Would have been nuts.

Knicks had less of an excuse though. Amare wasn't a missing piece or worth the max contract, nevermind the years of injury history he had at that point

reilo

Ken Berger said:
Doc on Allen: "Today, he couldn't walk much. He couldn't even do his shooting before the game. We're definitely at a loss for what to do."

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
just to think...Amare was leaning towards signing with Chicago but didn't want to share the spotlight. He's damaged goods and the only teams that will trade for him are the Cavs and Bobcats.

giri

just to think...Amare was leaning towards signing with Chicago but didn't want to share the spotlight. He's damaged goods and the only teams that will trade for him are the Cavs and Bobcats.

I stand by what i said yesterday. I'm not willing to call him done until he's had a full off season with the team trainers. If he doesn't look and move healthy next year... yeah, he's probably done.

usually it's not proper to give the award to the same coach on back to back years.

You could make a strong point in saying Pop was CotY last season. They were only a game back from having the best record anyway.

Harden is the 6th man of the year. Who else even has a valid case?

I'm not sure Ray really helps the Celtics that much at this point in his career though.

Seriously?

Anyway, they should have traded him for a pick when they had the chance.

Nate Robinson wasn't too bad this year. Probably overlooked because the Warriors sucks.

This is obviously a joke.

But I'm not sure if you're serious about your Harden claim.

Sanjuro - have Allen sit out the entire playoffs versus getting a pick from some team for him. Tough call.

“And people talk about me. That’s what I’m saying. As much stuff as I do, I’ve never did nothing where I’m punching some glass in the middle of the playoffs, where I’m going to hurt my team. Throw the ball or kick the dresser."

JAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXX

You know it's bad when he's calling your out for doing something stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom