• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
You're trying to use a little technicality to day you don't make fun of Amare's injuries. Anyways I've seen you say something along the lines of, "like Amare's knees," before.

You're on crack or something.

Sanjuro

Sanjuro - have Allen sit out the entire playoffs versus getting a pick from some team for him. Tough call.

Not a tough call. We made the right call on just sitting on everything. We wouldn't have gotten anything of worth for Ray this season, especially not a first round draft pick.

Barrage

Guy that was completely slept-on for 6th Man? Dunleavy for the Bucks Not that he shoul've won it, but he was a major part of their playoff push.

Alrix

So who do you guys think is a good 4 to play next to Melo? I've been thinking someone like Gallo or Ryno but you're more knowledgeable than me, bestgaf.

Not a tough call. We made the right call on just sitting on everything. We wouldn't have gotten anything of worth for Ray this season, especially not a first round draft pick.

They were offered Mayo and a 1st for Ray. The Clips also offered a future 1st.

He can still shoot but he doesn't do that much else at all at this point. He'd be a better option off the bench than Peaches, but I don't think his loss is close to the Horford loss the Hawks have.

No one mentioned Horford. But you said he doesn't help them. Uhhh, he'd play over Pavlovic, peaches, etc. That's a big upgrade. He shoots great, still.

Vahagn

I'm not for openly making fun of injured players obviously, and injuries are horrible to watch. But Gaf ALWAYS discusses injuries and brings them up for the lulz in all sorts of player comparisons.

"Bynum is right up there with Dwight"

"With those brittle ass knees? lulz"

I think people are piling on Gondo a little too heavily here, no one on here (with the possible exception of some of the more egregious members of Heat-Gaf) is actually that insensitive or ruthless.

And, Reilo, understandably, is pissed off at what his franchise went through, and how much losing Roy and Oden legitimately sucked...but no reason to act like player injuries haven't been mentioned lightly before or used to make fun of people in"Dude's as durable as toilet paper" type comments

Barrage

You serious with this shit? Tryin' to make TAYSHAUN an analyst?

A) Tayshaun's soft-spoken ass sounds like he's trying to look at the key matchups while not waking up a baby bird in the studio.

B) He has the body posture of the guy with the skullet from the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

What i'm trying to say is, he's only slightly better than Shaq.

Gabyskra

Banned
So who do you guys think is a good 4 to play next to Melo? I've been thinking someone like Gallo or Ryno but you're more knowledgeable than me, bestgaf.

Gallo's trade value is now much higher than Amare... Sigh. If I was a coach, I'd love to try that rotation for a few minutes against a small team, just for fun:

PG: who the fuck cares
SG: JR Smith
SF: Steve Novak
PF: Carmelo Anthony
C: Danilo Gallinari

Iso Melo + spread. Have fun.

giri

Amare would be fine, but he needs a PG. And to get his effeciencey back, so does Melo.

They basically need Lin to get healthy.

And i didn't think i'd ever say that line.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Gallo's trade value is now much higher than Amare... Sigh. If I was a coach, I'd love to try that rotation for a few minutes against a small team, just for fun:

PG: who the fuck cares
SG: JR Smith
SF: Steve Novak
PF: Carmelo Anthony
C: Danilo Gallinari

Iso Melo + spread. Have fun.
Mike D has you all fucked up

Duki

Banned
okay, but I never said to trade him for a lottery pick. I just said a pick. Even #20 is better than Ray sitting on the sidelines.

Mayo + pick would have been a great haul.

id have done done that tbqh

danny just lost his balls after perkins

theyre too old, even for one more run

Sanjuro

okay, but I never said to trade him for a lottery pick. I just said a pick. Even #20 is better than Ray sitting on the sidelines.

Mayo + pick would have been a great haul.

Yes, but him keeping the bench warm permanently wasn't there at the time.

That was the worst 30 seconds of ball handling, I've ever seen.

untitled-1gskmy.gif

Dumb lol

charsace

Amare would be fine, but he needs a PG. And to get his effeciencey back, so does Melo.

And it only took you the whole season that the Knicks need consistent pg play. Great basketball mind you got there.

Alrix

Idk, I think when Melo/Amare/Tyson are out there together it gets too clogged up inside. Amare obviously doesn't NEED the ball like Melo usually does but with a shooting, "stretch" 4 out there like Anderson or Gallinari they can play without the ball and can spread out the defense to give Melo room for iso and tyson room for pick and rolls, etc. And they're probably just as good rebounders too, and better passers (at least gallo is, not sure about anderson). I just feel like the value of amare's pick and roll ability is diminished with tyson out there and his iso ability is diminished with melo out there. he kinda just...gets in the way on offense unless he's out there by himself. of course not to mention that both those guys cost half as much as amare (assuming ryno gets about a 10mil/per contract this offseason).

feel free to correct if stupid

Idk, I think when Melo/Amare/Tyson are out there together it gets too clogged up inside. Amare obviously doesn't NEED the ball like Melo usually does but with a shooting, "stretch" 4 out there like Anderson or Gallinari they can play without the ball and can spread out the defense to give Melo room for iso and tyson room for pick and rolls, etc. And they're probably just as good rebounders too, and better passers (at least gallo is, not sure about anderson). I just feel like the value of amare's pick and roll ability is diminished with tyson out there and his iso ability is diminished with melo out there. he kinda just...gets in the way on offense unless he's out there by himself. of course not to mention that both those guys cost half as much as amare (assuming ryno gets about a 10mil/per contract this offseason).

feel free to correct if stupid
Amare, at this point in his career, should come off the bench and play 25 a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom