• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

giri

Idk, I think when Melo/Amare/Tyson are out there together it gets too clogged up inside. Amare obviously doesn't NEED the ball like Melo usually does but with a shooting, "stretch" 4 out there like Anderson or Gallinari they can play without the ball and can spread out the defense to give Melo room for iso and tyson room for pick and rolls, etc. And they're probably just as good rebounders too, and better passers (at least gallo is, not sure about anderson). I just feel like the value of amare's pick and roll ability is diminished with tyson out there and his iso ability is diminished with melo out there. he kinda just...gets in the way on offense unless he's out there by himself. of course not to mention that both those guys cost half as much as amare (assuming ryno gets about a 10mil/per contract this offseason).

feel free to correct if stupid

I think a lot of that is misconception from the Mike D era, where Mike had no idea what to do with Melo.

They can both function fine on the floor, Melo shared a front line with NeNe and Kenyon Martin.

But they need a PG to establish and run the offense so that those guys are getting the ball in their spots with everyone around them in the right spots too. Not just one guy getting to HIS spot.

Sanjuro

:jnc

iK9uKKZYbZAer.gif

giri

I'm an idiot savant because I already knew that the knicks needed Lin. You're just an idiot because you don't seem to know anything.

You're a dead set moron because you're talking out of your ass.

Do you want to explain why you're trying to call me out? and over what exactly?

If it's the fact that the Knicks need a PG to get the best out of both Amare and Melo while on the floor at the same time, then maybe you should go back and read MY posts. Because I've been saying it the whole year.

I can't argue against the acquisition of Tyson, he's probably the best defender and defensive leader in the league since TD got old. But i always said they needed a PG, like Billups, who can run and organise those guys and that Mike D's system NEEDED a legit PG.

But that would require you to not be a dead set moron and show initiative.

But well done, you've lowered your self to drive by poster levels of quality, again.

Emwitus

Paul pierce has got his team on life support. So sad looking at how injuries have depleted this team plus rondo's stupid move.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Why is Teague only good in the playoffs?

And the Hawks are too dumb to blow this open. This should be a 10 pt lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom