• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-10231-1332945240-29.gif

WhyNotBynum

lol at Artest into that shot and thinking it was going in.

dream

Look at Kevin sharing his experience with that young white kid.

Look at RR9 politely disagreeing with all you jerkfaces about him being a bad scorer.

So Rondo can make a twenty foot jumpshot when no one is within fifteen feet of him?

Glad to see he can now officially qualify as a professional basketball player.

Honestly if Ainge didn't try to prematurely blow up the team, Boston would still be a legit contender. As it is right now, the Celts are the only team in the EC that pose any threat to the Heat.

They just have to hope they could get through an entire Heat series with all their starters...

Honestly if Ainge didn't try to prematurely blow up the team, Boston would still be a legit contender. As it is right now, the Celts are the only team in the EC that pose any threat to the Heat.

They just have to hope they could get through an entire Heat series with all their starters...

in retrospect trading Perk was the smart thing to do. He's trash. Steisma is just as good.

What moves did Ainge make to blow up the Celtics?

what can Atlanta really do? Smith is probably their most tradable asset yet he's probably their 2nd best player. I wonder if they could have gotten the deal the Blazers got for Wallace from NJ for Josh.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
So Rondo can make a twenty foot jumpshot when no one is within fifteen feet of him?

Glad to see he can now officially qualify as a professional basketball player.
If only he could play the hawks every night and people would forget that every contending team spends the game sitting back and laughing at him.

What about Tony Allen then?

Tony Allen was a role player. There's no guarantee he would have blossomed like he did in a limited role in Boston the way he did in Memphis. And didn't he want more money anyway?

Besides, they got a pretty good Tony replacement now in Avery Bradley, though a couple seasons too late. I just don't think Tony ALlen is the type of guy that makes or breaks a franchise.

in retrospect trading Perk was the smart thing to do. He's trash. Steisma is just as good.

They traded him for two players who aren't even in the NBA anymore. They basically gave him away. Pretty crappy trade no matter how you cut it.

edit: misunderstood your wording. I agree, getting rid of Perk was smart, but what they got for him could have been much better.

Kwhit10

Tony Allen was a role player. There's no guarantee he would have blossomed like he did in a limited role in Boston the way he did in Memphis. And didn't he want more money anyway?

Besides, they got a pretty good Tony replacement now in Avery Bradley, though a couple seasons too late. I just don't think Tony ALlen is the type of guy that makes or breaks a franchise.

Ainge wanted TA back, but Tony wanted to have a bigger role and get more minutes. Which is why he wanted to leave Boston. He knew he wouldn't play as much as he thought he should behind Pierce and Allen. It's not like the Celtics didn't try to get him back, they did want him.

They traded him for two players who aren't even in the NBA anymore. They basically gave him away. Pretty crappy trade no matter how you cut it.

not sure what more they would have gotten. The book was out on Perk. He was busted up and played like a 40 year old. OKC will probably amnesty his ass next year. Yeah Jeff Green turned out to be a dud, but I can see what Danny was trying to do (add a young, athletic "super sub" who could play the 2/3/4). I'm just saying, it's silly to criticize Danny Ainge's handling of the Celts during the last 4-5 years. Look at some of the moves the team they are playing made in that same span, amongst other teams, to see some real shitty GM work.

RBH

what can Atlanta really do? Smith is probably their most tradable asset yet he's probably their 2nd best player. I wonder if they could have gotten the deal the Blazers got for Wallace from NJ for Josh.
Yeah, there's really not much they can do at this point. Joe's contract is just killing them. I guess they could theoretically amnesty Joe to make a statement or something, but that won't happen.

not sure what more they would have gotten. The book was out on Perk. He was busted up and played like a 40 year old. OKC will probably amnesty his ass next year. Yeah Jeff Green turned out to be a dud, but I can see what Danny was trying to do (add a young, athletic "super sub" who could play the 2/3/4). I'm just saying, it's silly to criticize Danny Ainge's handling of the Celts during the last 4-5 years. Look at some of the moves the team they are playing made in that same span, amongst other teams, to see some real shitty GM work.

Yea, he's been alright considering some the other GMs

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

can't they cut Joe now under the new contract rules?

Yeah, there's really not much they can do at this point. Joe's contract is just killing them. I guess they could theoretically amnesty Joe to make a statement or something, but that won't happen.

You can't amnesty the guy that made you second round relevant, what's left of the fanbase would revolt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom