• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
dat curse

3218530_o.gif

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
You can't amnesty the guy that made you second round relevant, what's left of the fanbase would revolt.

I said JJ earned his contract on that team.. but he has totally regressed, and doesn't really show any signs of giving a fukk.

If they could lure any kind of FA like EG the fans wouldn't care... not like they cared when they were winning

not sure what more they would have gotten. The book was out on Perk. He was busted up and played like a 40 year old. OKC will probably amnesty his ass next year. Yeah Jeff Green turned out to be a dud, but I can see what Danny was trying to do (add a young, athletic "super sub" who could play the 2/3/4). I'm just saying, it's silly to criticize Danny Ainge's handling of the Celts during the last 4-5 years. Look at some of the moves the team they are playing made in that same span, amongst other teams, to see some real shitty GM work.

True, when you look at it that way I see your point.

Even if he is signed?

other than that.. keep Orlando on speed dial.. they love bad contracts

yeah. If you amnesty a player, you still have to pay them their entire contract, you just get the player off your roster and your cap and he becomes a free agent. As overpaid as JJ is, if you are going to have to shell out all that money you might as well get a couple more seasons of 15/5/5 out of him.

I said JJ earned his contract on that team.. but he has totally regressed, and doesn't really show any signs of giving a fukk.

If they could lure any kind of FA like EG the fans wouldn't care... not like they cared when they were winning

When did he earn that contract? He was re-upped in 2010 after they got swept by the Magic and he said he didn't give a shit if fans booed him.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
That's...not how...logic works....
?

You said he's improved this year. Its because his level of comp has been it's shittiest and his usage has higher due to injuries.

You said he's clutch. Numbers to the contrary.

I see playoff Rondo and I see a much better shooter than he has ever been. That was always my point.

We really need to give an apostrophe tutorial in this thread.

When did he earn that contract? He was re-upped in 2010 after they got swept by the Magic and he said he didn't give a shit if fans booed him.

there's about 3 guys in the entire league that have 'earned' the massive contract JJ got, and he's not one of them. He was never worth that much money.

Canuck76

Banned
Regular season /= playoffs.

I dunno. I still hold out some hope with the Celts. Last year they took a game and the second one in boston was close even though they lost. I could see Boston stealing it like they did with Orlando in 09. Heat sweep the pacers and try to swag through boston and get a punch in the gut

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

2007 - 2010 he was fairly good

they took the Celtics to 7 in the first round when they were supposed to be swept and kept them in the 2nd round the next two years.. for a franchise like the Hawks he was key..

It was a bad contract but he made that team into a legit playoff team.. that is pretty much fact

Jake.

funny how almost everyone in here was writing off boston a few weeks ago and said they wouldn't even make the playoffs, yet the knicks were gonna go far. lolwut.

lulz Hedo's actually a trade chip next season with his contract having a buyout in 2013.

2007 - 2010 he was fairly good

they took the Celtics to 7 in the first round when they were supposed to be swept and kept them in the 2nd round the next two years.. for a franchise like the Hawks he was key..

It was a bad contract but he made that team into a legit playoff team.. that is pretty much fact

He was great in that Celtics series but Joe was always a super high usage guy who didn't score that efficiently; he's probably a 9-10 million dollar guy in today's league but it's not like there was a bidding war over Joe in 2010 since everyone focused on LeBron. Hawks ownership didn't give a shit and just gave him the max on the first day.

damn it, Kobe. Don't just lose the ball...

Missed opportunity.

Mozgov scoring :(

There we go Kobe. nice inside out game with pau.

Bynum played that Gallo play well initially, but no one came to rebound. Kobe attacking. nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom