• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff-DSA

He ended the last couple games of the regular season on a cold streak and sort of lost confidence in his offense especially with the increased speed of the playoffs.

Well, the rotation change was a BAD idea by Corbin. The team was hot with the rotation they had been using, and he shouldn't have changed it up for the playoffs. I think bringing Howard in was a big mistake, regardless of how he played in comparison to anybody else.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
b29117bb880d07aaa7ab320734d89444-sad-the-utah-jazz-has-died.jpg

Well that's just fucking mean.

Jeff-DSA

Are any Jazz fans even upset about being swept? Just making the playoffs was a sign of the team being far ahead of schedule. Some people were saying 15 or less wins for the team, most were saying 20 wins. I think of all teams having their season come to an end, the Jazz will be the only ones that truly overachieved.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Are any Jazz fans even upset about being swept? Just making the playoffs was a sign of the team being far ahead of schedule. Some people were saying 15 or less wins for the team, most were saying 20 wins. I think of all teams having their season come to an end, the Jazz will be the only ones that truly overachieved.

Should've tanked.

No one likes a showoff

diehard

Fleer

no, the only thing this season to be really all that upset about is one of the most blatant , shameless tank jobs ever so the Jazz lose a lottery pick.

Favors looks more and more awesome by the month and Hayward will be a legit starter in this league for a long time, even if he couldnt hit a jumpshot against the Spurs.

DY_nasty

This board is so Knicks-centric people entirely forget about Carl Landry and don't care about possible misinterpretations

We won the cultural battle

More like Stern can't filter crowd noise into the thread to make it seem like people give a fuck about the Hornets.

Jeff-DSA

So Deron Williams was the only player to finish top 10 in both points and assists. We used to see guys in both a lot more often than just one per season.

No, no, don't get me wrong, thats not what I'm implying. I think if anything, having a bad series might be good for a guy like Hayward. The playoffs are always a huge reality check for players. All of a sudden all your weaknesses are exposed, and every mistake is heart wrenching. If there is one thing I've learned from being in contention year after year, its that though you don't get the draft picks you would get by being bad, as long as you have high character guys, they'll look at every playoff loss as a cue for improvement. Thats a really big advantage that no one really talks about.

I have no doubt in my mind Hayward will be better next year. If you guys hadn't made the playoffs, the leaps that he and the other young guys would make in the offseason would be much smaller.

(on a similar note, I think being on an unconscionably bad team can really hurt a player's development)

Jeff-DSA

No, no, don't get me wrong, thats not what I'm implying. I think if anything, having a bad series might be good for a guy like Hayward. The playoffs are always a huge reality check for players. All of a sudden all your weaknesses are exposed, and every mistake is heart wrenching. If there is one thing I've learned from being in contention year after year, its that though you don't get the draft picks you would get by being bad, as long as you have high character guys, they'll look at every playoff loss as a cue for improvement.

I have no doubt in my mind Hayward will be better next year. If you guys hadn't made the playoffs, the leaps that he and the other young guys will assuredly make in the offseason will be much smaller.

(on a similar note, I think being unconciably bad can really hurt a player's development)

Oh, right. I didn't think you were implying anything different than that sentiment. I was just asking the fellow Jazz-Age members if they cared about the sweep.

Pullin' for the Spurs now.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife

You only finished 8th because Minnesota nose dived. Out of the Jazzzzzzzzzzzzzz, Shuttles, Moons, and Wolves, Minnesota only had a real chance to upset the Spurs.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, so I am a Magic fan and our chances to win are slim to none, but my question to other fans(Bulls, Knicks, etc.) is:

Would you rather have a team enter the playoffs like the Magic did, at one point full of potential and promise to win, only to have something mess up in the end(player injury, player attitude, etc.) and all playoff hopes dashed.

Or would you rather have it so you triumphantly enter the playoffs only to have injury, attitude, and the whatnot set in and destroy the hopes there?

Darkman M

So speaking of Bynum my friend legitimately thinks Bynum is a superstar and would take him over Dwight. Yeah I face palmed and could not believe what I was hearing. Granted this is coming from the guy who doesn't believe his Clips flop that much and he also wonders why they're so reviled. Of course he also believes many other questionable things such as Richard Jefferson having value and Joe Johnson being a great player.

Speaking of the term superstar, i have seen that term used so poorly here as of late. There are about maybe 10 superstars total in the league i can name off the top of my head, people really need to learn the difference between an Allstar type player and superstar.

Canuck76

Banned
lol.

Bobcats-age is bigger than Blazers-age.

Uh really? Me, Relio, Marathon, among like 5 others?

I'm not even going to dignify your sad attempts to justify the bobcats franchise.

"guys there's actually not a bad atmosphere"

"it's a small fanbase so that actually makes all of us good friends and a really tight community"

"going downtown and having that plaza of the wal-mart the target and the bobcats center is really amazing. sometimes there's almost like 3000 people. Pretty cray right?"

Speaking of the term superstar, i have seen that term used so poorly here as of late. There are about maybe 10 superstars total in the league i can name off the top of my head, people really need to learn the difference between an Allstar type player and superstar.
It's a subjective term. Who are your ten?

DY_nasty

Uh really? Me, Relio, Marathon, among like 5 others?

I'm not even going to dignify your sad attempts to justify the bobcats franchise.

"guys there's actually not a bad atmosphere"

"it's a small fanbase so that actually makes all of us good friends and a really tight community"

"going downtown and having that plaza of the wal-mart the target and the bobcats center is really amazing. sometimes there's almost like 3000 people. Pretty cray right?"
5 others? Who? You just got here. Yal got 4 total.

Absinthe died for our sins. Bowser, Grover "I won't waste my rookie year on a tank season" Cleveland, WanderingWind :)3), LegendofJoe, the numerous dirty duke fans (i can formally hate you again, truly101).

The attendance was 15th in the league until March. The players stopped showing up long before the fans stopped.

Canuck76

Banned
5 others? Who? You just got here. Yal got 4 total.

Absinthe died for our sins. Bowser, Grover "I won't waste my rookie year on a tank season" Cleveland, WanderingWind :)3), LegendofJoe, the numerous dirty duke fans (i can formally hate you again, truly101).

The attendance was 15th in the league until March. The players stopped showing up long before the fans stopped.

There's like me relio, marathon, that kid who has the white person avatar, that kid with the blazers avatar, that kid with the final fantasy 13 avatar. And like 2 other people. We need to update that list again.

SUPREME1

Banned
What's up with the hate for Bynum? Anyone care to explain?

Pros:
7'0 and 285lbs, crazy length
Dominant on the offensive side, demands the double team. Skilled, soft hands.
Shows flashes of being a defensive anchor
Still only 24yrs old
Max contract money
Sledge hammers for elbows, don't give a fuck attitude at times
Best center currently playing on the planet
Plays for the world famous Los Angeles Lakers
Haters funna hate

Cons:
Blackhole on offense / does not pass out of the double team
Inconsistent effort (lazy and/or disengaged when not a focal point of the offense)

Darkman M

Would Parker, TD , Pierce, and Nash be part of this list?

Yeah those players make the cut, Donecan makes it simply out of respect, Parker is a beast don't know how i forgot him. Nash and Pierce both make it as well.

My only problems with Bynum is his inability to make a pass out of a double team and his tendency to quit playing defense when things aren't going his way. He shows flashes but has a long ways to go, time for him to man up, he annoys the shit out of me sometimes. I do like the edge he brings though.

exarkun

man i have been way too busy lately, just caught up on the thread.

spurs swept the jazz? thats some crazy shit

cp3 and blake flopping? you guys just jelly. if CP3 was a laker, people be sayin 'laker nation!'

diehard

Fleer
You only finished 8th because Minnesota nose dived. Out of the Jazzzzzzzzzzzzzz, Shuttles, Moons, and Wolves, Minnesota only had a real chance to upset the Spurs.

what a stupid statement. The Jazz are slightly better than Minnesota even with no injuries (could change in the future). If anyone nose-dived to make the Jazz get the 8th seed it was the Rockets.

NEW YORK -- New York Knicks coach Mike Woodson said Jeremy Lin will not play in Game 5 of the team's series against the Miami Heat.

"He's out," Woodson said on Tuesday. "... He's just not ready."

When asked if Lin could return if the series reached a seventh game, Woodson said, "I don't think so.... He wants to play, but again, if he's not ready there's not a whole lot can be done.

48 minutes of Bibby?

disgonnabegood

thekad

Banned
A frightening amount of people think Bynum is better than Dwight. I'm glad that stupidity hasn't affected BestGaf yet. Until Gasol got exposed by a Blake/DJ/Reggie Evans frontline, I would have taken him over Bynum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom