• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alrix

He was good though.

Yeah I don't mean it'll be weird because he's chinese. That's racist bro.

I mean it'll be weird because he'll get fan voted in without actually BEING an allstar type player. He'll know it too. The top PGs will really be going after him after that happens.

The fans put undeserving players of all races into the ASG all the time.

Yeah but Lin would just be totally outclassed. I mean I thought Pierce was undeserving this year, but Lin would be in over his head.

Is there any doubt that if voting stays as is J. Lin will be starting PG for Eastern All-Stars?

Kind of sucks that he has to try to live up to such heady expectations after proving he can play ball, then proving he can start, now he has to try to be ASG worthy while being a lock to be there.

It's like all of his fans converged into the ultimate "strict asian dad" meme.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
5 others? Who? You just got here. Yal got 4 total.

Absinthe died for our sins. Bowser, Grover "I won't waste my rookie year on a tank season" Cleveland, WanderingWind :)3), LegendofJoe, the numerous dirty duke fans (i can formally hate you again, truly101).

The attendance was 15th in the league until March. The players stopped showing up long before the fans stopped.

Absinthe was not a Bobcats fan. He was a dirty fucking sports polygamist.

Alrix

Is there any doubt that if voting stays as is J. Lin will be starting PG for Eastern All-Stars?

Kind of sucks that he has to try to live up to such heady expectations after proving he can play ball, then proving he can start, now he has to try to be ASG worthy while being a lock to be there.

It's like all of his fans converged into the ultimate "strict asian dad" meme.

By the time he's Lebron's age they expect to be able to call him a future hall of famer.

Pros:
7'0 and 285lbs, crazy length
Dominant on the offensive side, demands the double team. Skilled, soft hands.
Shows flashes of being a defensive anchor
Still only 24yrs old
Max contract money
Sledge hammers for elbows, don't give a fuck attitude at times
Best center currently playing on the planet
Plays for the world famous Los Angeles Lakers
Haters funna hate

Cons:
Blackhole on offense / does not pass out of the double team
Inconsistent effort (lazy and/or disengaged when not a focal point of the offense)
Puts his head down every time he doesn't get the ball
Potential future cancer
Complains to the ref on every call
DeMarcus Cousins type attitude!

If he had more control over himself, he would be the king of the world. I hope Jim Buss and Mitch sit down over the summer and try to strike a deal while his demand is still high.

Sorry, I love the dude, but I foresee very bad things in his future if he doesn't change his selfish and immature attitude. The way he disengages from games makes me real pissed at him.

Yeah I don't mean it'll be weird because he's chinese. That's racist bro.

I mean it'll be weird because he'll get fan voted in without actually BEING an allstar type player. He'll know it too. The top PGs will really be going after him after that happens.

Yeah but Lin would just be totally outclassed. I mean I thought Pierce was undeserving this year, but Lin would be in over his head.
It's no different than any other year where a black athlete is voted in by fans/coaches undeserved. Lin plays in the Eastern conference, he takes a spot from Joe Johnson or Iggy...who cares.

DY, get ready for that championship experience all time great NY Knickerbocker center, better known as Patrick Ewing, the future coach of the Charlotte Bobcats.

diehard

Fleer
It's no different than any other year where a black athlete is voted in by fans/coaches undeserved. Lin plays in the Eastern conference, he takes a spot from Joe Johnson or Iggy...who cares.

yes because droves of people in Africa are lining up to vote for an undeserving all-star.

Has cp3 signed an extention?

maybe he'll troll clipper land and opt out and sign with the lakers and we can trade bynum and sessions for something sexy

Sessions is opting out anyway.

Again, I'd prefer Deron. Durability-wise, not sure how long CP3 can play at this level, and when he crashes, it's going to be Brandon Roy level.

That's like me saying Thuggery is part of Laker culture with Artest and Bynum...

... oh wait.

No, I only see the vitriol on GAF mainly from Lakers fans. So, citation is needed, azn.

I don't know about vitrol, it's more like big brother to loser younger brother. He gets a bit of success and thinks he's bigger than he actually is; when big bro has the sales, awards, swag, recognition, etc.

I ridicule the Clippers because they deserve it. One year of moderate success does not erase decades of futility, nor an owner who's racist and so cheap he once asked if he they really had to pay for the players' socks.

Jon

Hey so...any chance the Sixers blow this and lose the last three games? Because, I mean...if any team could find a way to do that, it would be the Sixers.

BUT, if they do survive...anyone think they have a legit chance to make it to the Eastern Conference Finals?

Hey so...any chance the Sixers blow this and lose the last three games? Because, I mean...if any team could find a way to do that, it would be the Sixers.

BUT, if they do survive...anyone think they have a legit chance to make it to the Eastern Conference Finals?

:lol

Yea... Boston is going to eat them alive.

He definitely has the tools to be better than Dwight. BUT, the damn the fact that the offense STOPS when he gets the ball is infuriating. There's a reason why he gets double teamed and triple teamed... he NEVER kicks it out. And if he does, it's too late. He walks. EVERY time.

Also, he needs to stop being a baby when things don't go his way. I have never seen a player like him give up when he sees adversary. You can tell by his body language from a mile away.

HOWEVER, the dude is so talented physically and shows flashes of greatness that I hang on to that hope.

Canuck76

Banned
He definitely has the tools to be better than Dwight. BUT, the damn the fact that the offense STOPS when he gets the ball is infuriating. There's a reason why he gets double teamed and triple teamed... he NEVER kicks it out. And if he does, it's too late. He walks. EVERY time.

Also, he needs to stop being a baby when things don't go his way. I have never seen a player like him give up when he sees adversary. You can tell by his body language from a mile away.

HOWEVER, the dude is so talented physically and shows flashes of greatness that I hang on to that hope.

You've never watched a clippers game have you?

Lin isn't going to get more votes than Wade or Rose. Lin is American, he ain't mainland Chinese like Yao who had the backing and marketing of an entire country.

Yes he's American, but you'd be silly to think he doesn't have the backing and marketing of China/Taiwan...I caught some Taiwanese news when I was home a couple of weeks ago and they were still devoting 5-10 min on Jeremy Lin news despite the kid not having played in over a month..

Yea and LeBron had the tools to be better than Kobe, but like Bynum with Dwight, he'll never reach said potential because he lacks the fire and the heart.

Yea and LeBron had the tools to be better than Kobe, but like Bynum with Dwight, he'll never reach said potential because he lacks the fire and the heart.

You hit me where it hurts. At least he has the fire and the heart. Much harder to teach that than being stupid.

Lamar was another heartache. A Durant-like player bust.

You hit me where it hurts. At least he has the fire and the heart. Much harder to teach that than being stupid.

Lamar was another heartache. A Durant-like player bust.

Thats the thing, you can't teach fire and desire. Its amazing that after 16 years in the league Kobe is still so hungry to win. That is just crazy. LeBron's been in the league 9 years and hasn't ever cared as much as Kobe.

cacophony

PKIy7.gif

In terms of people whining when things don't go there way no one is better than griffin. I tried to make a youtube highlight reel of his reactions to calls but youtube tops out at 5 hours.

I wish he sometimes whined more. He'd rather clothesline someone and not participate during hurdles.

Sessions is opting out anyway.

Again, I'd prefer Deron. Durability-wise, not sure how long CP3 can play at this level, and when he crashes, it's going to be Brandon Roy level.

I don't know about vitrol, it's more like big brother to loser younger brother. He gets a bit of success and thinks he's bigger than he actually is; when big bro has the sales, awards, swag, recognition, etc.

I ridicule the Clippers because they deserve it. One year of moderate success does not erase decades of futility, nor an owner who's racist and so cheap he once asked if he they really had to pay for the players' socks.

So if you were in a class with a kid who got straight F's on every single test, was seen as the idiot of the class, and for the first time earned a B, you'd make fun of him? Come on bro.

Puts his head down every time he doesn't get the ball
Potential future cancer
Complains to the ref on every call
DeMarcus Cousins type attitude!

If he had more control over himself, he would be the king of the world. I hope Jim Buss and Mitch sit down over the summer and try to strike a deal while his demand is still high.

Sorry, I love the dude, but I foresee very bad things in his future if he doesn't change his selfish and immature attitude. The way he disengages from games makes me real pissed at him.

hopefully the dwight to la for bynum circus reinitiates again this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom