• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Lakers/Clippers Age, so here we go. I'll be in L.A. from June 6-10th (Wed-Sun) and am planning a night out involving grub, beer, and playoff basketball. How many of you are interested in taking part. If so, where would you like to go? What is the best day for you?

Ok Lakers/Clippers Age, so here we go. I'll be in L.A. from June 6-10th (Wed-Sun) and am planning a night out involving grub, beer, and playoff basketball. How many of you are interested in taking part. If so, where would you like to go? What is the best day for you?
im down, steam.
korean bbq between downtown la and OC.
no where near the west side please

here's a prior list of la gaffers interested.

adam
mama
puddles
jamesfrom818
thatcrazyguy
noriega
vahagn
ninja scooter
nelo ice
Doomsayer
black mamba
The Crimson Blur*

*you're only invited if you're a girl.

Emwitus

Yeah I don't mean it'll be weird because he's chinese. That's racist bro.

I mean it'll be weird because he'll get fan voted in without actually BEING an allstar type player. He'll know it too. The top PGs will really be going after him after that happens.

Yeah but Lin would just be totally outclassed. I mean I thought Pierce was undeserving this year, but Lin would be in over his head.

You stop right there.

im down, steam.

adam
mama
puddles
jamesfrom818
thatcrazyguy
noriega
vahagn
ninja scooter
nelo ice
Doomsayer
black mamba
The Crimson Blur*

Add me to the interested list.

Fatalah

The Knicks are on the verge of making ESPN explode. They're due for a win in Miami, I can feel it. Yes, it's hard to envision a Knicks win tomorrow night, but this season has been too weird to end predictably. Melo, Stat, and Chandler are healthy and rested with the loose playoff schedule. The reward is a game 6 at MSG. Cue the media explosion. /fanpost

I'm in LA June 3rd through 7th. Hooray.

So you'd only be available to meet up on June 6th, since I am assuming you're flying out on the 7th?

im down, steam.

adam
mama
puddles
jamesfrom818
thatcrazyguy
noriega
vahagn
ninja scooter
nelo ice
Doomsayer
black mamba
The Crimson Blur*

I can travel to OC or LA. Doesn't matter to me. And Koren BBQ sounds perfect.

giri

The Knicks are on the verge of making ESPN explode. They're due for a win in Miami, I can feel it. Yes, it's hard to envision a Knicks win tomorrow night, but this season has been too weird to end predictably. Melo, Stat, and Chandler are healthy and rested with the loose playoff schedule. The reward is a game 6 at MSG. Cue the media explosion. /fanpost

If the knicks win it will be one of the biggest upsets in history.

Dallas vs Gstate big.

Probably bigger.

giri

"Sex For Money, Money For Sex: The Donald Sterling Story"

Yeah, but he did't get up there and bullshit about it. "I paid her so i could stick my dick in her often. It was fun, and she was pretty. There wasn't more to it".

Unlike... Tiger and... well there have been many who tried to convince us they actually felt bad about what they did.

Jeff-DSA

Is jazz-age happy with Corbin?

Guy doesn't come off as all that great a coach to mind.

I don't speak for everybody, but I like him. He makes a lot of rookie coach mistakes, but he's not against experimenting and finding out what works best. He seems to be good at developing these young players, which is vital to rebuilding. I don't know that he's ever going to be a coach of the year candidate, but I think he'll be successful.

Yeah, but he did't get up there and bullshit about it. "I paid her so i could stick my dick in her often. It was fun, and she was pretty. There wasn't more to it".

Unlike... Tiger and... well there have been many who tried to convince us they actually felt bad about what they did.

He really didn't have an image worth protecting anyway. She tried to drag him through the mud but never stopped to notice that he resides there.

Jeff-DSA

Well, with Corbin, you have to think about his situation. He came on after a big team shakeup, and then there was a lockout. He has all these young guys, many who have barely played with each other if at all, and then his first full season as head coach there's basically no practice time. You get to travel and have shootaround, but practices are harder to come by. Seeing him still be able to get as much growth out of the team as he did makes me optimistic. He makes a lot of mistakes, but it's not the best situation for him to excel as a young coach right now.

Is jazz-age happy with Corbin?

Guy doesn't come off as all that great a coach to mind.
I think the guys still learning on the job. This upcoming season a big one to see him have a complete training camp to work with the team. Hes still young like the core of the team, so I like that he can grow with the team.

giri

He really didn't have an image worth protecting anyway. She tried to drag him through the mud but never stopped to notice that he resides there.

Except she was trying to shame him for hiring her as a hooker.

I think it was refreshing that he wasn't ashamed.

Maybe it comes down to how you view those things. Never paid for it my self. But i don't really care if 2 consenting adults partake in a transaction.

"its good to be a LA fan these days"

Between 6+ teams, championship every other season, always in the playoffs, when is it not good to be a fan of LA teams?

R8SSf.jpg

Except she was trying to shame him for hiring her as a hooker.

I think it was refreshing that he wasn't ashamed.

Maybe it comes down to how you view those things. Never paid for it my self. But i don't really care if 2 consenting adults partake in a transaction.

I don't care if he paid for a hooker. The fact that one tried to shame him is hilarious, not to mention the allegations of using her as a business resource.

It just adds to the legend of donald sterling.

giri

Well, with Corbin, you have to think about his situation. He came on after a big team shakeup, and then there was a lockout. He has all these young guys, many who have barely played with each other if at all, and then his first full season as head coach there's basically no practice time. You get to travel and have shootaround, but practices are harder to come by. Seeing him still be able to get as much growth out of the team as he did makes me optimistic. He makes a lot of mistakes, but it's not the best situation for him to excel as a young coach right now.

I guess.

I think a lot of people were given a pass because of the no-off season thing. Don't have anything against him, i just wasn't as convinced as you, bu you would have seen a lot more of him.

I tend to take the same view as IWMTB on him.

LOL at playoff games on NBATV.

The only live broadcasts on that network should be games between the shit teams so they can feel relevant and good about themselves.

Not for the tournament that will decide the Champion of the Basketball World.

*And yes, I do see the irony of a Lolcats fan calling other teams shit. We're so shit we don't even get on NBATV, mang. If they ever let us back onto ESPN, we'll be on the Ocho, under the "Things resembling Basketball" category.

Sports talk in Chicago was a total buzz kill on my drive today. Some of the hosts were hoping for a loss tonight to put the injured horse down while everyone else just expected a series loss. The worst part was hearing from the insiders about how limited the Bulls will be going into next year: they'll resign CJ and Korver, let Brewer walk to be replaced by Jimmy Butler and probably trade Asik or Taj for a draft pick as 2013-2014 will be our next real competitive year, ugh. A lot of callers are pushing for Nash, but the Bulls won't have salary cap room and I'm sure he'd rather have a surer chip shot with the Heat if he has to take a pay cut.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
what a stupid statement. The Jazz are slightly better than Minnesota even with no injuries (could change in the future). If anyone nose-dived to make the Jazz get the 8th seed it was the Rockets.

Well Minnesota was in the top 8 of the west until Rubio went down. After that, they stopped giving a fuck. When they lost the OKC double OT game, all the fight was gone.

Sports talk in Chicago was a total buzz kill on my drive today. Some of the hosts were hoping for a loss tonight to put the injured horse down while everyone else just expected a series loss. The worst part was hearing from the insiders about how limited the Bulls will be going into next year: they'll resign CJ and Korver, let Brewer walk to be replaced by Jimmy Butler and probably trade Asik or Taj for a draft pick as 2013-2014 will be our next real competitive year, ugh. A lot of callers are pushing for Nash, but the Bulls won't have salary cap room and I'm sure he'd rather have a surer chip shot with the Heat if he has to take a pay cut.

You're a brave one for sure. I'm still on dat sports media blackout until 830 Central

Knux-Future said:
Man I hope we close the Bulls out tonight.

I have a feeling that if we lose this game we lose the series...

lol

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
LOL at playoff games on NBATV.

The only live broadcasts on that network should be games between the shit teams so they can feel relevant and good about themselves.

Not for the tournament that will decide the Champion of the Basketball World.

NBATV is run by Turner Sports now. 5 years ago, I could see your point but NBATV has been great since the takeover. NHL, MLB, and NFL show games so why can't NBATV?

This Pacer/Magic is Bobcats bad right now. Bad shots, bad moves, bad players, bad defense, bad offense, and bad everything. I'd rather watch Iggy try to figure out how to dribble than this.

NBATV is run by Turner Sports now. 5 years ago, I could see your point but NBATV has been great since the takeover. NHL, MLB, and NFL show games so why can't NBATV?

Yea... NBATV still is horrible. During the off season and even during the regular season they show the same old shit EVERY. FREAKING. DAY. They need to get rid of that tall white guy who tries talking with swag. MLBTV and NFLTV actually shake up their programming schedule, not NBATV.

Mrbob

Not all cable companies offer NBATV. Mine doesn't. I have MLBTV and NFL Network though.

giri

:( There's seriously been no attention on the series whatsoever. Media or otherwise. Can't wait for the next round to start even though I know most of the media's attention will go to the Heat.

Well, media doesn't usually show up for high school ball.

chirp...chirp...Pacers and Magic playing now.

/ignore

So if you were in a class with a kid who got straight F's on every single test, was seen as the idiot of the class, and for the first time earned a B, you'd make fun of him? Come on bro.

I'm not even going to bother answering this. Nowhere close to the same thing.

During the off season and even during the regular season they show the same old shit EVERY. FREAKING. DAY. They need to get rid of that tall white guy who tries talking with swag.

I only recognize a handful of the analysts they have now. Most of them are just bad.

NHL, MLB, and NFL show games so why can't NBATV?

NBATV does show games, playoffs are tied up between TNT and ESPN/ABC. Why is it like this? Because they paid. NBA shown via network TV and Basic cable is better than a channel not offered in some areas.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
smh Ryno. Miss two shots and pick up a frustration foul right after to ride the bench. God damn moron, the fuck are you doing?

J-Rich is a god damn joke. Dude got a hilariously awful fat contract and doesn't give a shit anymore. Best part of the first quarter was the jump ball where Ian predicts exactly what is going to happen, Granger will easily shield off J-Rich for the ball and that is just what happened because J-Rich blows. His Dwightian free throw percentage is the biggest sign of not giving a shit I have ever seen.

Not sure why I'm still watching this shit.

Earl Clark is still the worst trash ever.

smh Ryno. Miss two shots and pick up a frustration foul right after to ride the bench. God damn moron, the fuck are you doing?

J-Rich is a god damn joke. Dude got a hilariously awful fat contract and doesn't give a shit anymore. Best part of the first quarter was the jump ball where Ian predicts exactly what is going to happen, Granger will easily shield off J-Rich for the ball and that is just what happened because J-Rich blows. His Dwightian free throw percentage is the biggest sign of not giving a shit I have ever seen.

Not sure why I'm still watching this shit.

Bro, J-Rich had 2 good games this series. That's literally more than Ryno has ever had in his entire career.

/ignore

I'm not even going to bother answering this. Nowhere close to the same thing.

Sure it is. Let Clippers age enjoy this run. For all of the shit they've received over the years, I don't care if they go crazy 24/7 saying they are the greatest team of all time, let them enjoy it. They're not going to the finals and certainly not winning anything so may as well let them have their few minutes of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom