• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Anyone who claims that the refs are responsible for a 30+ point disparity are deluded beyond belief.

On the flip side, anyone who thinks this game had fair officiating is in the same category.

No one is saying that. However, basketball is a game of momentum and continually getting shit on by the refs is going to kill any energy by the Knicks. Plus, they're the Knicks.

Vire

Wow.. can't believe this. Never would have imagined resting the starters in a Playoff series.

Just unbelievable.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I'm gonna be at my buddy's birthday tonight. He tore his ACL/MCL a couple of weeks ago. Docs told him he tore his MCL so bad they couldn't wait for the swelling to go down.

Mxrz

I dont get this. Its the playoffs. I would keep my Stars in until there were so few minutes, and the score gulf was so wide, that a comeback was impossible. To hell with that. Regular season? Sure, take them out. Playoffs? Keep them the fuck in until 2-3m left in the 4th.

And Jesus, they are taking Shump to a hospital for an MRI, horrible opening games of the playoffs man.

Normally I'd agree, but today seems the day for injuries. LeBron has been selling it hard today, and Wade still does his barrel roll drive thing. One bad fall and they're fucked too.

Doomsayer

Didn't the Heat go on a 23-0 run during that whole fiasco in the second quarter? Weren't 15-18 of those points free throws?

Yeah, the refs had no impact on this game.

PBY

Banned
Reposted, because I want a response:
Many Heat fans are scum and they've shown that today... But fuck, I'm mad at Stern for being responsible of:
- the refs
- the schedule

He's the real scum.
Dude- I'm gonna call you out right here, I have to, can't just let you bag on Heat-age like that - Can you give me specific examples of these "many" heat fans who are scum showing this today?

Owzers

Anyone who claims that the refs are responsible for a 30+ point disparity are deluded beyond belief.

On the flip side, anyone who thinks this game had fair officiating is in the same category.

And also, I'm *really* disappointed that Rose is out. = (

Without the ref help and with the Knicks playing poorly in the first quarter, it was a close game. Then the refs happened, then it was a blowout, then it continued to be a blowout. Game was over a long time ago.

Puddles

Banned
Assume for a minute that everything that Sac fans said about 2002 Lakers/Kings Game 6 was completely true. I don't think there was anything wrong with that officiating, but let's allow it for the sake of argument.

Also assume for a minute that every conspiracy theorist was right about that game. Stern made the calls to the refs.

This Heat/Knicks game would still be a completely different level of corruption than that game.

This game is the most corrupt fucking thing that's existed in the world since Silvio Berlusconi abdicated.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Bulls have had real bad luck with career threatening injuries since the Jordan days.

Jay Williams - Accident
Jamal Crawford - Torn ACL
Drose - Possible ACL/MCL

All point guards.

Assume for a minute that everything that Sac fans said about 2002 Lakers/Kings Game 6 was completely true. I don't think there was anything wrong with that officiating, but let's allow it for the sake of argument.

Also assume for a minute that every conspiracy theorist was right about that game. Stern made the calls to the refs.

This Heat/Knicks game would still be a completely different level of corruption than that game.

This game is the most corrupt fucking thing that's existed in the world since Silvio Berlusconi abdicated.

ahuahuhauhauahuahuahuahuhauhauhauha

Dude- I'm gonna call you out right here, I have to, can't just let you bag on Heat-age like that - Can you give me specific examples of these "many" heat fans who are scum showing this today?
No one is talking to you because if you don't know already no one gonna tell you. The evidence since LeBron came to Miami is overwhelming on GAF.

h3ro

whoever that dude was that called shumps injury a flop... that guy.

don't compare a 2/7 round 1, game 1 matchup where a team is down 30+ to the fourth quarter of the biggest game of the season between the two best teams. ten years later and I still haven't gotten over that game.

dammit, you brought it back to my memory. fuck!

Terrible reffing, not even being a homer etc complaining about calls but it was completely awful and completely in the Heat's favor. Completely sucked the life out of the Knicks. Everyone was in foul trouble really early. Shumpert had a serious knee injury and probably won't be back for the rest of the playoffs.

We're cursed. Fuck my life.
You're down by 30 points. You've scored 63. Not the refs' fault.

Sorry about shump though. Never a good thing to see.

Gabyskra

Banned
No one is talking to you because if you don't know already no one gonna tell you. The evidence since LeBron came to Miami is overwhelming on GAF.

When the whole thread outside of Heat-age is saying that the refs are insane (PLUS your dedicated ESPN reporter), not just Knicks fans, you take a backseat, you don't talk shit, make fun of Shumpert getting hurt, post messages that just say "lol" (nothing more, like CherryWoodFuton, not quoting anyone), accuse everyone of being Knicks-age, and some more shit i'm too tired to go dig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom