• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duki

Banned
Anyone who claims that the refs are responsible for a 30+ point disparity are deluded beyond belief.

On the flip side, anyone who thinks this game had fair officiating is in the same category.

And also, I'm *really* disappointed that Rose is out. = (

You're down by 30 points. You've scored 63. Not the refs' fault.

Sorry about shump though. Never a good thing to see.

how dumb are you people actually

like i know no one here actually watches basketball games, but good lord you obviously did not see the shameful shit that happened here

the game was literally tied before the refs took over in the second quarter and gave the heat a 15 point cushion. ticky tack calls, flopping, overreactions to aggressive play, and all of it only on one end. you dont see how this causes a shift in how the game has to be played, because only one team gets to be aggressive?

and on top of that, you dont see why who would be winning anyway doesnt actually matter? now i know you dont watch basketball games, so the quality of the product doesnt matter to you, but how the game is won is just as important and entertaining as who actually wins

the game was massively impacted in a negative way by the officiating

the heat were literally given 28 fts to 5 in the first half

you cannot play actual basketball when youre faced with that

if the heat are going to win, which being the better team they should, let them earn their damn win. dont prop them up, and tank your entire product

this shit was unwatchable

Alrix

You're down by 30 points. You've scored 63. Not the refs' fault.

Sorry about shump though. Never a good thing to see.

It literally felt like there were whistles every time down the court. I'm not saying we'd be winning but it wouldn't be a blowout like it is right now. We would be in the game if not for the refs. We gave up, we were called for everything and then some. Playoff basketball is supposed to be physical but the Knicks couldn't fart without a foul being called. That shit will fuck with the players heads, man.

But you didn't watch the game, so what do you know?

Doomsayer

I did. I don't think you can make a 30 point difference out of one quarter, though.

SO MUCH SALT IN HERE JESUS PEOPLE CARE SO MUCH

Trust me... 6 minutes in that quarter made it a 24 point deficit. Something like a 23-0 run with 18 points coming from free throws. Including a "Flagrant" and 4-5 terrible charge calls.

Anybody got a gif of Lil Wayne? That's what I feel like.

untitled-140fy15.gif

The refs were awful today, it's no doubt. BUT, also...27 turnovers, Knicks. 27 turn overs. You averaged 11 all season. Get fucked by the refs? Power through by keeping the fucking ball.

I missed the game because I fell asleep, I still don't understand how you can make a 30 point cushion appear in one quarter. Maybe if someone puts together a YT vid of questionable calls

DCX

DCX
The refs were awful today, it's no doubt. BUT, also...27 turnovers, Knicks. 27 turn overs. You averaged 11 all season. Get fucked by the refs? Power through by keeping the fucking ball.

hyperbole. Alot of those turnovers were charging calls, most of those charging calls were as bullshit as the flagrant 2 called on Tyson.

DCX

PBY

Banned
I missed the game because I fell asleep, I still don't understand how you can make a 30 point cushion appear in one quarter. Maybe if someone puts together a YT vid of questionable calls

I hope someone does this- because youll watch it an be like "yeah, kinda questionable- but not 30 pts worth." Also, Melo did nothing from the start of the game.

Canuck76

Banned
Also screw little Wayne. He doesn't give a crap about New Orleans, his home town. Dude frigging banana rides on good teams like the Heat and the Packers that are winning.

Got chased out of town when we won the superbowl and he tried to come back and act like he was a diehard the whole time.

Cipherr

LeChoke will disappear in the finals again.

Its far from a given that they even make it that far. This is just one game. After last years playoffs Im ready for insane comebacks. You couldnt turn damn near any game off at all last year without watching the news later and seeing the game swung the other direction lol.

hyperbole. Alot of those turnovers were charging calls, most of those charging calls were as bullshit as the flagrant 2 called on Tyson.

DCX

I think I remember...what, five charges called in the second quarter? I thought two of them were bad calls. The two Lebron ones and the first Battier one were perfect charge calls. And yeah, the flagrant 1(not 2, dude) was a stupid fucking call.

But that's still, you know, over 20 fucking turnovers. That's inexcusable for a playoff team.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Its far from a given that they even make it that far. This is just one game. After last years playoffs Im ready for insane comebacks. You couldnt turn damn near any game off at all last year without watching the news later and seeing the game swung the other direction lol.
Heat got a free ride to the finals with Rose going down. There isn't even a point in watching the East playoffs anymore. Each time is Hawks-bad aside from Miami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom