• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabig2

Chicago sports be cursed this sports season. Bears, Hawks, and now Bulls all got buttfucked by major injuries to their star players.

Oh well, Bulls should still beat Philly in 5, and make it an interesting series vs Celtics/Hawks due to their size. If they advance to the ECF however...I'd rather see the Celtics make it and give the Heat some fear.

yeah massive personal attacks like calling him a bad poster in the context of a basketball discussion because he doesn't actually watch basketball games (as he admitted that he's commenting about the game without having watched it) and because of his demonstrated lack of understanding as to how bad refereeing may artificially inflate a blowout victory

truly have i insulted his honour and his name by... making accurate statements about the credibility of his basketball analysis.

you rarely come here because you mistake adversarial discussion and argument for personal attacks. you probably feel all anxious and upset whenever someone is anything other than fully polite and considerate to you, even on the internet, because you are probably a little socially awkward and thus very sensitive. these are your defects, not mine, or this threads. please stop trying to police our behaviour, its really annoying and always diverts the actual basketball discussion that we are having

at least coffee janitor has a fucked up heart or some shit, his life is literally on the line when he tells us to be nicer to him. youre just being a little girl.
swaggerface.jpg

Am I the only Bulls fan that's not too bothered by Rose's injury? I mean it sucks and I feel bad for him but he's been off all year and they generally play better without him in there going 7-26 every game.

I think you forgot the several games against good teams he carried the Bulls to victories and must have forgotten the games they got blown out without him(Memphis, Denver, etc...).

They don't have the firepower now to win it all.

Alrix

yeah massive personal attacks like calling him a bad poster in the context of a basketball discussion because he doesn't actually watch basketball games (as he admitted that he's commenting about the game without having watched it) and because of his demonstrated lack of understanding as to how bad refereeing may artificially inflate a blowout victory

truly have i insulted his honour and his name by... making accurate statements about the credibility of his basketball analysis.

you rarely come here because you mistake adversarial discussion and argument for personal attacks. you probably feel all anxious and upset whenever someone is anything other than fully polite and considerate to you, even on the internet, because you are probably a little socially awkward and thus very sensitive. these are your defects, not mine, or this threads. please stop trying to police our behaviour, its really annoying and always diverts the actual basketball discussion that we are having

at least coffee janitor has a fucked up heart or some shit, his life is literally on the line when he tells us to be nicer to him. youre just being a little girl.

duki using periods at the end of sentences. THIS SHIT JUST GOT REAL

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

v6B7A.jpg

Srsly

Banned
ACL tears are obviously not the death sentence they were a couple of decades ago, but this could still be major trouble for Rose. Nene and Jefferson both recently tore an ACL, but they're big men who rely on size, strength and skill (moreso with Jefferson). Rose absolutely needs to be able to move well laterally to be impactful. It's possible he will able to regain his lateral movement and explosiveness like Baron Davis did after tearing his ACL in college, but there's a good chance he will never be the same player.

Fuck you, Duki. What is your problem? Let him post in the thread.

And I do watch games, I just fell asleep while watching this one because I was up till like 5 am last night.

SO MUCH SALT

Vire

Tyson Chandler taking IV fluids, which the Knicks said could take up to four hours to administer.

Well that sounds fun.

Feep

Banned

Calling me a little girl is just adversarial, not a personal attack, right?

In the last five pages I've seen idiot, cocksucker, asshole, shitting out your mouth, miserable, shove it up your ass, and so on.

This thread is just fucking awful. I'm out.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
This has turned into a very easy road for the Heat to get to the finals, if they blow it this year, there won't be a headband big enough to hide Lebron's shame.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
ACL tears are obviously not the death sentence they were a couple of decades ago, but this could still be major trouble for Rose. Nene and Jefferson both recently tore an ACL, but their big men that rely on size, strength and skill (moreso with Jefferson). Rose absolutely needs to be able to move well laterally to be impactful. It's possible he will able to regain his lateral movement and explosiveness like Baron Davis did after tearing his ACL in college, but there's a good chance he will never be the same player.
I really feel bad for Rose. I don't think he can be the same player again... he was a freak athlete and so much of his game depended on it. He'll still be a good player, sure, but it definitely won't be the same guy next year.

Judderman

drawer by drawer

2lHZ1.gif

h3ro

Anyone got a link to Heat/Knicks post game conferences?
Knicks-Age got super salty during some of the questional calls during the second quarter. Can't admit they played like shit. Started attacking Heat-Age and DY.
Broad strokes. Read posts made by vets in Knicks-age. We own up. We don't put bags over our heads.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I really feel bad for Rose. I don't think he can be the same player again... he was a freak athlete and so much of his game depended on it. He'll still be a good player, sure, but it definitely won't be the same guy next year.

Nah he'll be the new Jameer Nelson.

Just heard about Rose since I was out, that's awful. I feel bad for Bulls fans and, obviously, Rose.

On the flip side, I can't wait for the Spurs to beat the Heat.

Well, he might change his game up in the off year, who knows.

It's still absolutely horrible. So sorry Bulls fans...

In the last five pages I've seen idiot, cocksucker, asshole, shitting out your mouth, miserable, shove it up your ass, and so on.

I see myself from last year inthis post, amazingly you do get used to this place in time.

To be fair it wasn't Duki it was Charsace

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Welcome to GAF?

At least we're not slut-shaming, murderer defending, gender questioning, subtly racist, misogynist, nintendo hating, bigots.

exarkun

what are you even talking about...

sorry you can't handle playoff basketball, t-mac

Gabyskra

Banned
Broad strokes. Read posts made by vets in Knicks-age. We own up. We don't put bags over our heads.

Everyone in this thread should be big enough to talk back, so and so do not need Vire, especially when said guy admits he's just there to start shit.

Of course the Knicks played poorly, how the fuck could they not after getting hit by that crazy 6 minutes ref wall. It got personal with that ref crew.

Anyone got a link to Heat/Knicks post game conferences?

Knicks-Age got super salty during some of the questional calls during the second quarter. Can't admit they played like shit. Started attacking Heat-Age and DY.

Chicago fans are in depression mode with Rose injury. I can't blame them, that's super rough. :/

I get them attacking Heat-age, they're supposed to. But Dy? LOL

I really really feel awful about that Rose injury, I genuinely do. I hate when that shit happens

and duki, DAMN you are my man

The M.O.B

I can't believe Rose and Howard are missing the Olympics. Melo, Bron, Kobe, Wade, Durant, Love and Chandler gunna have to run shit.

Rose injury doesn't matter much as we already have tons of players who can score and Chandler has been just as good on defense as Dwight this year so that's good but we will miss some post scoring from Dwight.

ACL tears are obviously not the death sentence they were a couple of decades ago, but this could still be major trouble for Rose. Nene and Jefferson both recently tore an ACL, but they're big men who rely on size, strength and skill (moreso with Jefferson). Rose absolutely needs to be able to move well laterally to be impactful. It's possible he will able to regain his lateral movement and explosiveness like Baron Davis did after tearing his ACL in college, but there's a good chance he will never be the same player.

Ehh, Nene relies a ton on his quickness.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
This ranks with:

Jordan's first retirement

Hue fucking Hollins

Jay Williams motorcycle accident

I think Rose tearing his ACL is worse.

Vire

Heh Lebron mentioning how he felt more pressure last year and now he feels more comfortable.

Good to hear...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom