• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

giga

Man you guys are defensive. Maybe people should just tone down the insults and no one would have to worry.

EVERYONE JUST BE FRIENDS
Yeah, coming in the NBA thread and saying NFL-gaf is so much better is a good way to make friends. I had to point out that little bit of hypocrisy that he posted back in March, when we got locked down. Maybe I shouldn't have said fuck off though.

You guys all need to lighten up or this thread will get locked again. There is a fine line between playful trash talk, especially between regulars and guys who push it too far. Stop talking about the different "ages" and keep it on topic so that we don't get shut down again.

Sucks for Bulls fans but Chicago wasn't going to beat the Heat anyway. Bron would have shut down Rose like he did last year. I find a Heat/Celts ECF more interesting anyway. Chicago would have wilted.

I still had the heat winning, but who knows, man. At least we'd have seen it play out. I personally thought Chicago was better this year and Miami worse.

Canuck76

Banned
I missed almost all of both games. Saw the final 2 minutes of the 1st half of Knicks-Heat. Wow @ some of those calls in that timeframe. Chandler flagrant 2? lolololol. Lebron flopping out of bounds. Geez.

So I see that Shumpert got hurt again, non-contact. :(

And then I heard in the car radio 10 min ago that Rose tore his ACL and nearly pulled over right there. Fuuuuuuuck. Nothing worse than a star on a contender getting hurt. What an awful season for Rose. He tried to get healthy all year and then this happens with 1 min to go in the game??

Takes 18 months to even get back to where you were, athletically, if you do. So terrible on many levels. Obviously, he'll miss the Olympics too. So now Howard and Rose are missing the playoffs.

Looks like Boston-Miami ECF coming. Fuck, still pissed about Rose tearing his ACL. Unreal. Bulls will fight hard no matter what, though.

Hahahaha. It's a big thing but this kind of made me laugh. "Pull over bro, rose just got injured! Shit just got real"

Dy I'm just playing bro. Get out of the fighting stance Ron-ron

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I understand why Indiana hates Hibbert.... but passing to him would make this so much easier.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
You guys all need to lighten up or this thread will get locked again. There is a fine line between playful trash talk, especially between regulars and guys who push it too far. Stop talking about the different "ages" and keep it on topic so that we don't get shut down again.

Nobody was talking about the different sports threads until a regular from one of them came in here and started talking shit about us as a collective.

dream

I don't even know what this means. I get shit for telling people not to use insensitive jokes.

It means that my good friend and Clipper brother Adam Blade, who likes everyone and tries to see the best in people even when it's very hard to find, dislikes your passive-aggressive weirdness.

Vyer

so a hate-filled, bullshit post by duki is considered an accomplishment in this thread?

Good christ people. NFL-gaf is so much better. Can't even be an interested all-around NBA watcher and have a good discussion here.

Come on man.

What you are doing here - and the general shots you take everywhere whenever this thread is mentioned - isn't any better.

You're watching two teams fan bases attacking each other and melting down. Trying to expand that into another 'whole community' thing is lame. I participate in both threads. This stuff happens.

Hell, a some of the folks going at each other aren't even that active in here the other 8 months of the season.

DY_nasty

I don't even know what this means. I get shit for telling people not to use insensitive jokes.

I agree with Ninja Scooter. Everyone should just calm down.
It means what reilo said the other day. You're all over the place.

^^ Please be more specific.

It means that my good friend and Clipper brother Adam Blade, who likes everyone and tries to see the best in people even when it's very hard to find, dislikes your passive-aggressive weirdness.
Still don't know what that' even referring to but cool dude

Turkeyglue has got DAT RIP MASK

i'm a realist the calls weren't really that bad

the problem was bdavis was getting burned. again. he's useless.

really is time to consider starting TD at the point again.

too bad about shump though. knicks are a bunch of thugs, they deserve it.

JambiBum

It has only been two games into the playoffs and the thread went crazy. I love it.

Now as long as Indiana wins today will end on a good note. Shame about Shump and Rose though :/

Nobody was talking about the different sports threads until a regular from one of them came in here and started talking shit about us as a collective.

I know but that kind of shit should just go ignored. Don't let the thread devolve off-topic like that because it's THIS thread that will feel the brunt of it. It's bad enough we're already essentially on probation. Once you start to get multiple pages dealing with shit that AREN'T basketball we're in danger.

Vire

Man, this series is going to SUCK.

Hate to say it, but I want to watch the West games way more this year.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I can't wait for the NY Post tomorrow. So much for the Knicks-Heat rivalry mattering again.

And the Bulls had a good run. There's no way in hell they can recover from Rose tearing his ACL. None.

Is this commercial with the mom and girl crying for the cell phone going to be on the whole playoffs?

because I am going to lose my fucking mind....

speaking of which, we need a list of commercials "that were terrible and got old the 2nd time we saw it"

Pkaz01

How is that not the case every year? First round east always sucks because the bottom of the east is so bad theres never a real challenge.

at least it isnt orlando and atlanta again, instead we get a repeat of boston vs atlanta. Can the hawks just blow it up already?

The M.O.B

korverknowsq8ufo.gif

It's like someone took his soul.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Is this commercial with the mom and girl crying for the cell phone going to be on the whole playoffs?

speaking of which, we need a list of commercials "that were terrible and got old the 2nd time we saw it"

Any T-Mobile commercial? Any ABC Finals promo?

DY_nasty

Once the Pacers settle in, this is gonna get ridiculously ugly... I hate Vogel with a passion.

Well, the West has more than one team capable of winning it all so yeah...

Canuck76

Banned

Ehh i think with consistent reffing (and the knicks not sucking and letting J.R. handle the ball for insta turnovers) it could be a great series. First quarter was great from what i saw.

This series and then (most probably) Celtics/Heat should be really fun.

JambiBum

Hey at least the new T Mobile girl commercial is pretty great. She doesn't talk. Just changes into a skin tight motor cycling outfit and rides away.

woodchuck

can't wait for all these shitty games to end so we can get the main event tonight. Mavs in 4. Only question is whether tonight's score is a blowout or if the Mavs want to keep it close for our entertainment.

Disclaimer: Depressing thoughts on the Bulls below. Do not read if you want to be in good spirits.

I hate to be that doom and gloom guy but let's project a bit for the bulls.

Rose returns at the beginning of the season at the earliest, though more likely around January. He won't be 100% next year. Does this pretty much mean the Heat win the
conference again? What other team can contend with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom