• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the officiating of this game? I doubt it.

Are you really gonna act like the refs were the difference in a 33 point blowout?

I didn't see it but if everyone's consensus is that the refs sucked, well that sucks. I wouldn't like winning in those circumstances. But really, you're acting more upset at the refs than 35.7% shooting and 24 turnovers?

I get that people would be annoyed as it's happening but ... still hanging onto that as a crutch?

korverknowsq8ufo.gif

It's like someone took his soul.

Someone with skills can mask out the guys walking in the back and make this an infinite loop.

Onemic

Are you really gonna act like the refs were the difference in a 33 point blowout?

I didn't see it but if everyone's consensus is that the refs sucked, well that sucks. I wouldn't like winning in those circumstances. But really, you're acting more upset at the refs than 35.7% shooting and 24 turnovers?

You didn't watch the game. I have nothing to say. Because 20 of those 33 points were 100% because of the terrible officiating. It was a game until the refs went insane in the 2nd.

You didn't watch the game. I have nothing to say. Because 20 of those 33 points were 100% because of the terrible officiating.

Yeah I didn't watch the game. But you just said 20/33. That's a lot of points....so is 13

Whatever, I didn't watch so clearly my opinion isn't valid (I would call myself invalid too) but just realize it's a 33 point win, and you're using refs...that's weak

I get that people would be annoyed as it's happening but ... still hanging onto that as a crutch?

The refs changed the momentum of the game which had some bearing on what was going on but the Knicks would have never won that game.

Carmelo needs to be huge for them to have a chance and he wasn't.

umm you saw that elbow that chandler threw on lebron? lol

if that was hockey he'd have been gone maybe 1 game.

sorry that the refs won't allow you to thug it up.

diehard

Fleer
these playoffs will just suck

can't make fun of Rose bricking jumpers and freethrows in the clutch.. sigh

and the East will just suck more to watch

Is there a professional athlete who has torn their ACL and returned to form with the same explosiveness?
Baron Davis, off the top of my head. I'm sure there are others. You have to know that it's going to take time, though. He probably won't be back to 100% until season after next (doesn't mean he won't be effective, though).

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
You didn't watch the game. I have nothing to say. Because 20 of those 33 points were 100% because of the terrible officiating. It was a game until the refs went insane in the 2nd.
Knicks went down by 37 because they laid down and cried instead of getting their shit together. Its a mentally weak team with a coach that loves to get blown the fuck out. No one should be surprised.

dream

The problem is, the refs gave Miami a huge lead in the second quarter which buried the Knicks because they are too mentally weak to overcome a huge deficit against the Heat.

Onemic

You're arguing they would have lost by 13 with good refs.

the refs simmered down by around the 3rd. By that time the Heat was up by over 20 points. When you have a huge cushion there's a change in behaviour with your players. If anything the extra points were simply because they were already being destroyed and they were frustrated as fuck, add to that shumpert getting injured. I shouldn't even have to explain this as it's obvious when you watch a team being buried in action. Emotions change, behaviours change.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Those in-between quarter interviews are only tolerable when great trolls like Van Gundy or Pop are being interviewed.

The refs changed the momentum of the game which had some bearing on what was going on but the Knicks would have never won that game.

Carmelo needs to be huge for them to have a chance and he wasn't.

Fair points. I'd probably be pissed as a Knicks fan too....but teams gotta fight through it. Like I said I didn't see it but I'd be more disturbed by everything else, I just feel that still talking about the refs right now instead of players' awful performances just comes off as really whiny.

Still, it was only game 1, they probably will have much better composure in the next game and maybe Ed Malloy won't ref ever again so we will see

The problem is, the refs gave Miami a huge lead in the second quarter which buried the Knicks because they are too mentally weak to overcome a huge deficit against the Heat.

Yeah, I made my point after you made this post. I understand it SUCKS to be on the wrong side of it, but composure is part of it

When Wade gets pissed at the refs (whether it's justified or not) he uses that to his advantage...most of the time. or he'll just keep bitching and chucking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ke1yEEre_g

down 14 in the 4th and they had enough time to come back
(yes i realize that's againts the lol knicks era)

the refs simmered down by around the 3rd. By that time the Heat was up by over 20 points. When you have a huge cushion there's a change in behaviour with your players. If anything the extra points were simply because they were already being destroyed and they were frustrated as fuck, add to that shumpert getting injured. I shouldn't even have to explain this as it's obvious when you watch a team being buried in action. Emotions change, behaviours change.

fair enough, but you're not going to lay anything on the knicks for completely losing it?

Vestal

In all honesty I think the bulls will make it competitive in most series. They appear more dynamic without rose in the mix..

What I don't get is why people are shocked that Rose got injured again... I mean, most of the predictions here on bulls series were dictated by his health. He was never 100% during the season, and it was probably a mistake to play him so much during this game.

I really question what type of player he will be when he comes back, I don't think he will be able to play as explosively as he used to.

In all honesty I think the bulls will make it competitive in most series. They appear more dynamic without rose in the mix..

What I don't get is why people are shocked that Rose got injured again... I mean, most of the predictions here on bulls series were dictated by his health. He was never 100% during the season, and it was probably a mistake to play him so much during this game.

I really question what type of player he will be when he comes back, I don't think he will be able to play as explosively as he used to.
ACL injuries don't really have anything to do with durability though. It's literally a random injury.

@jeskeets

Rose's injured knee is his sixth body part to suffer injury this season. In order: toe, back, groin, foot and ankle. #NBAPlayoffs
:(

Srsly

Banned
I feel like almost every series of the first round should be relegated to NBATV to spare the league the embarrassment of showing lockout ball to the masses

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
This game is just fucking terrible...
It's literally a random injury.
Couldn't be farther from the truth. Its a result of shitty conditioning catching up with you. As explosive as your muscles are, your ligaments and tendons may not necessarily be on the same page. The actual injury may come out of "nowhere", but its far from random.

RBH

The less teams there are in the playoffs, the smaller the possibility of watching shameball displays like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom