• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Srsly

Banned
This game is just fucking terrible...

Couldn't be farther from the truth. Its a result of shitty conditioning catching up with you. As explosive as your muscles are, your ligaments and tendons may not necessarily be on the same page. The actual injury may come out of "nowhere", but its far from random.

Yeah, more teams should do what Phoenix does and actually look at muscular imbalances.

Couldn't be farther from the truth. Its a result of shitty conditioning catching up with you. As explosive as your muscles are, your ligaments and tendons may not necessarily be on the same page. The actual injury may come out of "nowhere", but its far from random.
I was more referring to the nature of the injury. Like, it requires a ton of force/tension applied to that specific area of the knee. I had a discussion about this w/ a doctor on a Wolves blog after Rubio's tear.

Do you think it can be prevented?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I was more referring to the nature of the injury. Like, it requires a ton of force/tension applied to that specific area of the knee. I had a discussion about this w/ a doctor on a Wolves blog after Rubio's tear.

Do you think it can be prevented?

Definitely.

But you have to consider that there is a lot of bad habits being built at the high school level through college and even into some professional clubs. Not every club makes a player's conditioning and durability a priority. Its more about making guys quicker, stronger, faster, more explosive, etc. - too much of that tears the body apart. Its why you have so many basketball players that can barely walk in their 50s.

The M.O.B

Classic what?

Classic doesn't sound like food to me
kfc_fb_charger.jpg

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
didn't the bobcats beat the knicks twice? :p

We beat the Knicks at full strength and the Magic w/ Dwight.

I don't know why he keeps bringing up a team whose goal is to lose when his team just kicked out over a hundred million for mentally weak players and a coach that knows blowout playoff losses more than anyone else in the league.

I guess that could lessen the pain... I typically just called out my players and coach when my team was getting a mudhole stomped in dat ass. That's just me though.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America

This is correct! The weaker your quads and hamstring are the higher the chances of tearing your acl are. Also the more tired you are also increases the likelihood. Im sure the fact that ROse was out for such period of time probably hurt his conditioning. Which is why I get really question Tibs decision to let him at that point in the game.

This is correct! The weaker your quads and hamstring are the higher the chances of tearing your acl are. Also the more tired you are also increases the likelihood. Im sure the fact that ROse was out for such period of time probably hurt his conditioning. Which is why I get really question Tibs decision to let him at that point in the game.
Good stuff. Yeah I can't believe how Thibs must feel right now.

Onemic

fair enough, but you're not going to lay anything on the knicks for completely losing it?

Oh of course its partially on their own shoulders. I think there's a huge possiblilty that they would have lost regardless, but unfortunately the refs made it so that possibility could not have happened. Regardless, the best teams would have found someway to play through it and the Knicks just couldn't ball. Doesn't mean that the game was heavily favoured for another team by default because of the officiating.

Torn ACL oh my fucking god... Knew it was a knee tear when I saw it.

Well I am sure we can reach the ECF without him but not much else.

God dammit this sucks so much.

Oh of course its partially on their own shoulders. I think there's a huge possiblilty that they would have lost regardless, but unfortunately the refs made it so that possibility could not have happened. Regardless, the best teams would have found someway to play through it and the Knicks just couldn't ball. Doesn't mean that the game was heavily favoured for another team by default because of the officiating.

Well I really hope the next game isn't anything like that. It's painful for the side getting the benefit too. Game 2 couldn't get here sooner.

exarkun

I thought of you when I was reading the Larry Brown cutting SMU kids article. Got any thoughts on that?

and wait exarkun do you go to SMU now or something

nah bro, i have a lot of friends in the area and the firm I'm doing work for is in dallas. So I spend alot of time going back and forth and actually spend time either at the smu library or in dallas. Its actually a nice city/school area and i thought i would hate it.

Most of the lawyers that i know in dallas are smu alums or currently going there. And for real, the sports agencies here are gearing up for what they think will be big money for the kids now that Brown is at SMU.

nah bro, i have a lot of friends in the area and the firm I'm doing work for is in dallas. So I spend alot of time going back and forth and actually spend time either at the smu library or in dallas. Its actually a nice city/school area and i thought i would hate it.

Most of the lawyers that i know in dallas are smu alums or currently going there.

we'll have to get together sometime so me woodchuck joefu and branduil and whoever else can give you a reach around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom