• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT2| OKC VS LA: Black on Black Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the Heat should really have many issues beating the Pacers or Celtics even without Bosh.

It would mean a lot more LeBron at the 4 which isn't a bad thing, but that also means We would have to have Shane and Mike out there more and sometimes I'm not positive that's a good thing.

Bosh gets injured, free license to joke around. Dem NBA gaf double standards for the heat. Also, salt levels rising here, unsure what i'm feeling more- disgust with the pacers or with the heat.

Heat in 4. Might even have to tank a few games to give Bosh time.

Who is making fun of Bosh for getting hurt? I don't want anyone getting hurt. I don't want Miami to have an excuse for losing, that's for sure (plus I never want any player hurt).

PBY

Banned
Who is making fun of Bosh for getting hurt? I don't want anyone getting hurt. I don't want Miami to have an excuse for losing, that's for sure (plus I never want any player hurt).

Lol a few people were like BOSH-GINA when he stayed down for a little. When Vilam called Shump a flopper before we knew how serious it was, everyone was like HEAT CULTURE. (still a dick move v)

kanyeshrug, just happy we won

DJ88

I give them two minutes into the 4th. They get it close again around the 5:00 mark, but then they'll choke like normal

Damn, eerily accurate.

I really hope Bosh's strain isn't too severe, we really need him back asap.

This will continue to be a tough series.

I don't think the Heat should really have many issues beating the Pacers or Celtics even without Bosh.

I think Bosh is the one player they can't lose long term because his backups are fucking terrible. At least Wade or Lebron can pick up some slack without the other around.

And Boston will shut out the paint completely, IMO, without Bosh. KG is playing really well. That will be a problem.

Lol a few people were like BOSH-GINA when he stayed down for a little. When Vilam called Shump a flopper before we knew how serious it was, everyone was like HEAT CULTURE. (still a dick move v)

All right, fair enough.

PBY

Banned
I think Bosh is the one player they can't lose long term because his backups are fucking terrible. At least Wade or Lebron can pick up some slack without the other around.

And Boston will shut out the paint completely, IMO, without Bosh. KG is playing really well. That will be a problem.

Totally agree.

It would be really, really nice if Haslem's jumpshot wasn't so broke now.

Can't really envision the Heat losing a series in which Brandon Bass is guarding LeBron though.

PBY

Banned
Pacers, I want my two hours back.

NBA-Special-Report-Frank-Vogel-Pacers-good-luck-charm-55156.jpg

Can't really envision the Heat losing a series in which Brandon Bass is guarding LeBron though.

uhhh, he won't. Doc isn't an idiot. Pierce guards him. Always (or peaches) They'll stick Bass on Battier or Miller. And neither of them can do anything but stand in the corner or wing hoping to brick a 3.

And Boston can run Rondo-bradley-Allen-Pierce-KG against Lebron at the 4 lineup or swap Bradley with Peaches.

Think you're thinking about Boston 3 months ago rather than right now.

PBY

Banned
uhhh, he won't. Doc isn't an idiot. Pierce guards him. Always (or peaches) They'll stick Bass on Battier or Miller. And neither of them can do anything but stand in the corner or wing hoping to brick a 3.

And Boston can run Rondo-bradley-Allen-Pierce-KG against Lebron at the 4 lineup or swap Bradley with Peaches.

Think you're thinking about Boston 3 months ago rather than right now

The Boston that struggled like hell to close out the Hawks and trailed the majority of the game at home to the 76ers? That boston?

In fairness, when a guy suffers a non-contact injury and immediately grabs his knee, screaming in pain with no care about the ball I have never heard anyone call that a flop. NFL of the NBA... no one mistook Derrick Rose's injury for anything other than very serious. Chauncey Billups, Baron Davis, you can go down the line with those injuries.

I posted nothing at the time because I've seen Bosh take so many dives before but I wasn't sure, he did look legit hurt. And Bosh doesn't fake being hurt.

Think you're thinking about Boston 3 months ago rather than right now.

Hmm, maybe you're right there, but I think the Celtics are pretty overrated other than KG still...

Mxrz

With Memphis gone, the only thing left to do is sit round and enjoy the circus of LeBron getting a ring. Or not getting one. Either way, meta entertainment.

The Boston that struggled like hell to close out the Hawks and trailed the majority of the game at home to the 76ers? That boston?

Remember 2008 Boston that also struggled to beat a below .500 Hawks team in round 1 and then won it all?

Or Lakers in 2009 that struggled to beat Houston.

All series are independent. Matchups matter. And Boston is a grind it out team, anyway. It's how they win.

I pick Miami without Bosh. no doubt. But without? I think that's a completely different series.

PBY

Banned
In fairness, when a guy suffer4s a non-contact injury and immediately grabs his knee, screaming in pain with no care about the ball I have never heard anyone call that a flop. NFL of the NBA... no one mistook Derrick Rose's injury for anything other than serious. Chauncey Billups, Baron Davis, you can go down the line.

I posted nothing at the time because I've seeen Bosh takes so many dives before but I wasn't sure, he did look legit hurt. And Bosh doesn't fake being hurt.

Yeah, I totally agree. It was a dumb, dick move by Vilam (dat snitchin culture)- but people basically did the same thing. You could tell Bosh was hurt tho, didn't look like a flop.

Ninjimbo

LBJ and Wade can win this series for the Heat. They'll need the bigs to play excellent D and rebound like thugs though because Indiana could have won this game if they would've used their bigs better. Collision was so stupid on so many possessions with his threes.

Also, Mike and need to stop passing up shots. Goddamn.

Cooper is picking Clips in 6? Lisa Leslie is taking Clips in 7?

OMG

Did you see their piece on game 7 at a bar with Clipper Darrell? It was so sad, there were like 6 people in the entire bar. lol. dat clipper town.

But yeah, I'm taking Spurs in 5. Could be a sweep if Griffin is really hurt.

Bosh gets injured, free license to joke around. Dem NBA gaf double standards for the heat. Also, salt levels rising here, unsure what i'm feeling more- disgust with the pacers or with the heat.

Heat in 4. Might even have to tank a few games to give Bosh time.

Dude don't start this. One guy said something about Bosh. Many of us here have said more than once that mocking a dude that gets hurt, even if it was some douche like Bron Bron, isn't cool.

Duki

Banned
Remember 2008 Boston that also struggled to beat a below .500 Hawks team in round 1 and then won it all?

Or Lakers in 2009 that struggled to beat Houston.

All series are independent. Matchups matter. And Boston is a grind it out team, anyway. It's how they win.

I pick Miami without Bosh. no doubt. But without? I think that's a completely different series.

so while saying each series should be looked at independently, you're drawing from previous series and saying the same thing could happen again

you've literally managed to say nothing lol. could go either way woo, brave call there

but i mean really now, that was four years ago for the celtics, and they were a much bigger and better team then on top of their old assery atm.

celtics are on fumes

miami can turn it into a track meet, and boston isnt a good enough rebounding team to grab the ball and slow miami down and prevent them from getting into transition

it should still be a cake walk, as long as miami can control the pace

Duki

Banned
does anyone know if the book of basketball by simmons is actually a good read? or is it horribly biased

what does biased even mean in that context doe

its his opinion on stuff, of course its biased

hes not a scientist or something

if it means anything he puts magic above bird in his pyramid lul

some v good reading in there imo, v fun. the isiah story was incredible to me

does anyone know if the book of basketball by simmons is actually a good read? or is it horribly biased

It is pretty biased and can be terrible in spots (his arguments about Cousy and AI have almost nothing to do with on-court impact as do a lot of others), but it can be fun to read as well.

Did you see their piece on game 7 at a bar with Clipper Darrell? It was so sad, there were like 6 people in the entire bar. lol. dat clipper town.

But yeah, I'm taking Spurs in 5. Could be a sweep if Griffin is really hurt.

I saw that segment, Cliff Powell is a Clipper fan lol, learn something everyday.

Darrell said the "C" word....championship.

what does biased even mean in that context doe

its his opinion on stuff, of course its biased

hes not a scientist or something

if it means anything he puts magic above bird in his pyramid lul

I guess I was asking if it was just a Celtics pom pom cheering book, lol

It is pretty biased and can be terrible in spots (his arguments about Cousy and AI have almost nothing to do with on-court impact as do a lot of others), but it can be fun to read as well.

I guess if it's a fun read that counts

PBY

Banned

I read most of it- it gets boring in spots, pretty entertaining overall- but mostly, I just totally totally disagree with his bullshit valuation of intangibles, etc, so it rubbed me the wrong way.

so while saying each series should be looked at independently, you're drawing from previous series and saying the same thing could happen again

you've literally managed to say nothing lol. could go either way woo, brave call there

but i mean really now, that was four years ago for the celtics, and they were a much bigger and better team then on top of their old assery atm.

celtics are on fumes

miami can turn it into a track meet, and boston isnt a good enough rebounding team to grab the ball and slow miami down and prevent them from getting into transition

it should still be a cake walk, as long as miami can control the pace

I'm not using a past series for Boston. I'm using recent examples in Boston and LA that show past series don't mean anything. And struggling versus crappy teams doesn't mean anything.

You misread what I wrote if you thought I was using Boston of the past directly towards current Boston. My only purpose was saying every series is independent and used the past examples of title winners playing shitty against crappy teams.

edit: And I didn't say it could go either way. If Bosh is out, I expect Boston to win.

Duki

Banned
I'm not using a past series for Boston. I'm using recent examples in Boston and LA that show past series don't mean anything. And struggling versus crappy teams doesn't mean anything.

You misread what I wrote if you thought I was using Boston of the past directly towards current Boston. My only purpose was saying every series is independent and used the past examples of title winners playing shitty against crappy teams.

nah i got what you meant, it was just funny that it could be read that way

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
this is the first time since the night after the all star break there are 0 none nil nba games on after 7pm

:|

Owzers

this is the first time since the night after the all star break there are 0 none nil nba games on after 7pm

:|

I will take my 200+ netflix streaming queue of random stuff down by 1 tonight. Yesterday was Don't be Afraid of the Dark. It was....okay.

charsace

Are some of you joking right now? If Lebron can't beat the old ass celtics without Bosh then he will never win a title. He isn't going up against Bird's celtics guys.

And when Miami loses people will blame Bosh because he's hurt and he'll be the one that gets shipped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom