• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT2| OKC VS LA: Black on Black Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Kobe is not a top 3 player. top 5 MAYBE
2. Yes, they have Kobe, two of the most skilled big men and that's it. They have one of the worst benches in the league
3. The Lakers played way above their level this year. They won a ridiculous number of close games. They're better than average (10th best offense, 13th best defense).

they'll probably win game 7, but I don't see them winning more than 2 games against OKC

And the Lakers were still up 3-1. You can explain that away all you want but that is the fact. A team that goes up 3-1 doesn't simply become a DIFFERENT team in a few days, they take the foot off the pedal and they become lazy which is what has happened for every player not named Kobe in this series. Kobe himself said it. The only guy he can count on showing up every night is Meta. Kobe knows it but apparently you don't. The team has stopped showing up mentally.

I don't like Kobe, but if there's one thing I don't want to make fun of him for, it's motivation. You just never pick your battles.

Pick battles?

Kobe is one of my favorite players ever but to act like his shit hasn't stunk is absolutely ludicrous bullshit. Come the fuck on dude.

Pick battles?

Kobe is one of my favorite players ever but to act like his shit hasn't stunk is absolutely ludicrous bullshit. Come the fuck on dude.

Oh, his shit stank at times but at least he always shows up mentally unlike your boys down in Miami. But hey, DWade is too busy comparing media reaction to the losses of the Heat to its reaction of 9/11 so yea.

linsivvi

you can have mark madsen then

All day err day

marksits_16.jpg

Two times NBA champion. Show some respect please.

On the topic of Artest. The Lakers could've easily amnestied him in the off season, and they can still do it this summer. They just chose not to because they think he can still help the team. We'll see very soon whether they've made the right choice.

marksits_16.jpg

Two times NBA champion. Show some respect please.

On the topic of Artest. The Lakers could've easily amnestied him in the off season, and they can still do it this summer. They just chose not to because they think he can still help the team. We'll see very soon whether they've made the right choice.

Such a sexy beast Madsen is. More heart than LeBron has. If LeBron had half the heart of Madsen, he'd be the best player in the league.

Alrix

"They are the biggest flopping team in the NBA," Vogel told reporters at Thursday's practice in Indianapolis. "It'll be very interesting (to see) how the referees officiate the series and how much flopping they reward."

shit just got real, although I don't know if they flop more than the clippers.

Alrix

They don't. They're more talented so maybe their flopping offends some people more, but no Clips have no rival.

Honestly I hope more coaches and players and stuff start calling out guys for flopping like Vogel did or Hollins did the other day (before he took his comments back), maybe it'll lead to something being done about it.

KingKong

Cute comments from Vogel but the only reason they won't get swept is because Miami is going to be coasting.

I still think Boston could beat Miami and I would give OKC or San Antonio a greater chance of winning it all

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
No one in the East stands any chance of beating Miami.

Boston can't even convincingly dog out a shitty Atlanta team.

charsace

And the Lakers were still up 3-1. You can explain that away all you want but that is the fact. A team that goes up 3-1 doesn't simply become a DIFFERENT team in a few days, they take the foot off the pedal and they become lazy which is what has happened for every player not named Kobe in this series. Kobe himself said it. The only guy he can count on showing up every night is Meta. Kobe knows it but apparently you don't. The team has stopped showing up mentally.

Lakers are losing because Denver is one of the most talented teams from 1-11 and has lots of big players that are good and playing well the last few games. And Ty Lawson is one of the better pg's in the league and he has a good starting pg backing him up.

Gallinari/Lawson is a deadly perimeter combo that just scratching their potential. Sad thing is the knicks could have had them because we had Gallo and Donnie was going to take Lawson, but his scouting team told him to take Hill instead. lololololololol

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
2012 Playoffs

Player A: 15.3PPG, 6.5RPG, 0.8APG, 55.6FG%
Player B: 11.2PPG, 7.8RPG, 4APG, 41FG%

One of those players is a washed up all-star power-forward. The other is Amare Stoudemire.

Guess who!

Lakers are losing because Denver is one of the most talented teams from 1-11 and has lots of big players that are good and playing well the last few games. And Ty Lawson is one of the better pg's in the league and he has a good starting pg backing him up.

They are losing because Bynum is a douchebag LeBronesque quitter who is more concerned about his cars, dollars, and stats, than he is in becoming an elite player capable of leading a squad to victory night in and night out. Lakers are losing because Pau Gasol is just one step closer to losing his penis for good. Lakers are losing because they chose Mike freaking Brown as their commander and chief. Lakers are losing because they depend on Meta World Piece more than anybody else not named Kobe Bryant to show up. THAT is why they are losing.

balddemon

Banned
also true, azn

Everyone has their different reasons for being fans of a team - its not really important. And its not even an insult (i now realize you're new and not aware of our resident backstreet boys fan). being a fan of a player, isn't the same as being a fan of a team. players come and go. all the time. its why cleveland fans are such an odd entity now.

but being a basketball fan is much different than being a fan of a team or a fan of a player.

you don't need a horse in the race to enjoy the race itself

CJ is not the one to have your back lolz

lolwat who

charsace

They are losing because Bynum is a douchebag LeBronesque quitter who is more concerned about his cars, dollars, and stats, than he is in becoming an elite player capable of leading a squad to victory night in and night out. Lakers are losing because Pau Gasol is just one step closer to losing his penis for good. Lakers are losing because they chose Mike freaking Brown as their commander and chief. Lakers are losing because they depend on Meta World Piece more than anybody else not named Kobe Bryant to show up. THAT is why they are losing.

They're losing because Denver is a well built team. Gallo and Lawson lead them well and look to get everyone involved on offense. Denver reminds of the Spurs the way their perimeter players look to share the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom