• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT2| OKC VS LA: Black on Black Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_m4civaB71v1qm4qmso1_500.gif

The Pau blaming game is silly. The team has no perimeter D, a journeyman point guard that just showed up, a 24 year old "2nd best center in the NBA" who played like shit, a terrible bench, a crazy egomaniacal player not named Kobe Bryant, theyre playing the most energetic up and coming team in the league and they have MIKE BROWN as the coach.

And youre telling me its Pau's fault? Not his best game, for sure and hes in a decline, but everything I mentioned affected the outcome more.

Pau's not the only scape goat, but you can't deny he had a 2nd straight shitty playoffs. It might not be all his fault, but when a guy is getting paid what he's getting paid, he needs to show up more often. It shouldn't never be a question.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Warning about what? You act as if most of us weren't expecting this. I don't see all the "meltdowns" everyone was expecting all season long.

A lot of Lakers fans did argue with Dy and I about the Lakers needing to do more to keep winning and that they couldn't rely on Kobe/Pau/Bynum.

Pau's not the only scape goat, but you can't deny he had a 2nd straight shitty playoffs. It might not be all his fault, but when a guy is getting paid what he's getting paid, he needs to show up more often. It shouldn't never be a question.

He's playing in a team that was constructed specifically for the triangle offense and is now trying to make a transition. Now that he isn't a focal point of the offense and is more a facilitator he seems to be falling apart. He can't handle the role after playing for years in a system that took advantage of his strengths. He is pretty much worthless on this team now.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Anybody get a weird feeling that the Spurs v. Thunder matchup may playout like Jazz v. SuperSonics in 1996?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player

Sure, but look at the points I made, especially Bynum ... and fuck, I forgot Odom!

If Pau had played well and you won this series, that would have been a fucking miracle seeing how many other problems you have.

Spurs in 6

A lot of Lakers fans did argue with Dy and I about the Lakers needing to do more to keep winning and that they couldn't rely on Kobe/Pau/Bynum.

Well I sure as shit wasn't. Kobe/Pau/Bynum is a good core, but not championship level, not with Kobe and Pau on the decline. Drew is too inconsistent. People think i'm crazy but it'd have STILL done Bynum for Melo. We badly needed another perimeter player to take the load off Kobe in his advanced years. People kept pumping up the "2 7 footers!" but really the advantage of having two 7 footers has disappeared more and more the last 3 years.

Just think, one days years from now OKC and the Heat have like 4 championships a piece and we're all hating on them some new young team comes along and takes them down. Guys like Westbrook will be talking about the days when they dunked on 3 guys from the free throw line, the cycle always goes on.

He's playing in a team that was constructed specifically for the triangle offense and is now trying to make a transition. Now that he isn't a focal point of the offense and is more a facilitator he seems to be falling apart. He can't handle the role after playing for years in a system that took advantage of his strengths. He is pretty much worthless on this team now.

Because we didn't play the triangle last year when he shit the bed in the playoffs? That's a BS excuse. The whole team had to make that transition, and he played well enough in the regular season. He just isn't aggressive at all, and as his physical skills decline and he can't just get by on that, it's going to magnify his inconsistency.

Ehh, Spurs in 6. Think San Antonio will force Westbrook and Durant into a lot of bad decisions offensively and it feels like OKC has gotten a bit too lucky so far this postseason.

Hey KingGondo, I gave you shit in 2009 ("talk to me when we lose Game 5") and you took it on the chin like a champ. You stuck around and repped your team through the good and the bad. Ironic that, 3 years later, you can talk to me. ;)

This is your night. You played hard, we played hard, we didn't get it done.

Congrats to you and your team. (grats to you too, TylerD) Enjoy this.

Give 'em hell in the next round.

Cloudy

Banned
Warning about what? You act as if most of us weren't expecting this. I don't see all the "meltdowns" everyone was expecting all season long.

It's funny that the same people who predicted a humiliating sweep are here crowing cos we lost in 5 with 2 of the losses at the last second

Gasol was actually one of the few Lakers that actually showed up this game, too. The Lakers have a lot more problems than trying to trade Gasol.

Edit: I could easily see the Thunder getting swept in the WCF, but I hope I'm wrong.

Vahagn

THIS game was a blowout, but I was disgusted at Bynum's effort in transition, on the boards, and on defense.

Pau and Mynumb are too inconsistent...and "Big" doesn't work anymore. We're probably done competing in the Kobe era...but any shot we have would require a complete team identity transformation.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
The last team to beat us has been eliminated and they beat us without Kobe. Feels bad man.

Jake.

Hey KingGondo, I gave you shit in 2009 ("talk to me when we lose Game 5") and you took it on the chin like a champ. You stuck around and repped your team through the good and the bad. Ironic that, 3 years later, you can talk to me. ;)

This is your night. You played hard, we played hard, we didn't get it done.

Congrats to you and your team. (grats to you too, TylerD) Enjoy this.

Give 'em hell in the next round.

did you just finish playing?

linsivvi

You might have a point if this is the first time ever he disappeared in the playoffs, or if he was this bad consistently throughout the season.

And yet:

Regular Season
37.4 mins .501 FG 10.4 boards 3.7 assists 17.4 points

Playoffs
36.4 mins .442 FG 8.9 boards 3.8 assists 12.4 points

You don't get paid $19M and disappear in the playoffs 2 years in a row and be allowed to make excuses. He's not even injured.

Edit: Also, the Thunder will be in the finals. Book it.

Touch

I say keep Ron and Kobe then start over from there. They really need a center that will play big and a point guard. Kobe needs to play the leaner role to an extent an not the driving force. Get a pg to get in the paint draw fouls, dish it in and out. Maybe pick up a better support cast, they have got to get a 6th man (its like the new meta).

So much needs to be done. It's going to be a long off-season.

Cloudy

Banned
Well I sure as shit wasn't. Kobe/Pau/Bynum is a good core, but not championship level, not with Kobe and Pau on the decline. Drew is too inconsistent. People think i'm crazy but it'd have STILL done Bynum for Melo. We badly needed another perimeter player to take the load off Kobe in his advanced years. People kept pumping up the "2 7 footers!" but really the advantage of having two 7 footers has disappeared more and more the last 3 years.

I do not want both those guys on the team anymore. I don't care who goes but one of them has to. They aren't really an advantage on offense vs. playoff teams and are a huge liability defensively

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom