• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT2| OKC VS LA: Black on Black Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiX-

@Metta's post game interview with Craig Sager.

He's got that serial killer look in his eyes. I would shit myself looking at him in person right now.

Omega

Banned
Also, did you watch that "Odom guy" at all this season? Saying he could have come in handy makes me think you don't watch basketball at all.

To be fair, Odom gave up because he was still too busy crying that LA traded him.

If he was still in LA he would have played good and been useful. It was clearly obvious he didn't want to be on the team.

KingGondo

Banned
Hey KingGondo, I gave you shit in 2009 ("talk to me when we lose Game 5") and you took it on the chin like a champ. You stuck around and repped your team through the good and the bad. Ironic that, 3 years later, you can talk to me. ;)

This is your night. You played hard, we played hard, we didn't get it done.

Congrats to you and your team. (grats to you too, TylerD) Enjoy this.

Give 'em hell in the next round.
Thanks man, it's pretty amazing how quickly the tables have turned. 2009 was fun anyways, I never truly thought OKC would take down the Lakeshow.

You're definitely #1 on the list of classy Lakers-Age members.

Nori Chan

But anyways, great series by OKC. You guys were beyond the better team this year. This team is very exciting to watch and I would love to see more games played. Congrats to OKC Gaf, you guys arrived. Good luck against SAS

I have a buddy of mine that I text almost everyday and I'm definitely going to hear it from him lol

To be fair, Odom gave up because he was still too busy crying that LA traded him.

If he was still in LA he would have played good and been useful. It was clearly obvious he didn't want to be on the team.

And how do you know that? I refuse to believe that the key for this team, a team who's biggest issue is instability and inconsistency, was a fucking guy who's entire life went into a free fall because he was going to get traded.

SamuraiX-

Did he really say that? If so he's done

Craig reiterated and leaded Bynum onto the idea of: "you began your career in LA, wouldn't you want to resign with the Lakers first and foremost?"

Bynum just replied that Craig's preliminary question was a little open-ended and that of course he'd love to stay in LA.

thekad

Banned
A lot, but those wins came off more as luck I think. Two of the games in the Mavs series came down to a single bounce with Durant's shot bouncing in while Dirk's didn't. Game 4's game winner also came off as look that Durant would often miss (whereas Dirk was amazing at the shots he was taking to end games last year).

When you're playing good teams, you're going to be in close games. Obviously they have a good record in them if they've made it this far; any team that makes the Finals will. I don't think that has any bearing on the conference finals.

charsace

The Lakers should trade Gasol for perimeter help and work in Hill/McRoberts at pf. They have athletic 4's on the roster right now. They just have to start working them in to team.

Thanks man, it's pretty amazing how quickly the tables have turned. 2009 was fun anyways, I never truly thought OKC would take down the Lakeshow.

You're definitely #1 on the list of classy Lakers-Age members.

Gondo, I am disappoint.

This is when you shit down his throat and close his mouth

How are you gonna let him get away with his fake congratulations.

Harden-esque

linsivvi

A lot, but those wins came off more as luck I think. Two of the games in the Mavs series came down to a single bounce with Durant's shot bouncing in while Dirk's didn't. Game 4's game winner also came off as look that Durant would often miss (whereas Dirk was amazing at the shots he was taking to end games last year).

You can't just look at it like this, every series is different.

07-08 Celtics got taken to 7 games by the Hawks in the first round, and never won a round in less than 6 games.

08-09 Lakers got taken to 7 games by the Rockets, even without T-mac and Yao (at the end).

Don't think I need to even bring up the 94-95 Rockets.

As long as Durant plays at this level, they'll be in the Finals.

exarkun

I have to congratulate the Thunder fans. Not only Tyler, Gondo, and whomever. All Thunder fans since, you know, they didn't really have a chance to exist til like 4(?) years ago.

That was amazing. The crowd outside the arena? The crowd inside the arena? Is there anything else like it? For a conference-semi final game? I honestly can't think of the last time. So amazing. Congrats, thats an amazing fan base.

Gondo, Im in the big D but im thinking about buying tix to a game/driving up. How expensive you think that shit would be? Can I stand outside for free or is there like an entrance fee? If its too expensive, I might go to San Antonio (since no one ever goes there :p). Im not missing this series.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
lol @ people thinking spurs can't win in okc.. they did without Ginobili, Jaaaaaxxxxx, and Boris

Vahagn

Hey Thunder-Age...Congrats! honesty! Durant is a great guy, Fish deserves to win, and Brooks is a humble coach. From here on out, I'm rooting for the Thunder to win the chip, classy organization!

*On the Thunder Bandwagon*

Duki

Banned
Gondo, I am disappoint.

Harden-esque

lmao truth

shit was about as sincere as bill clinton saying he did not have sexual relations with that woman

we should bring bill clinton jokes back

KingGondo

Banned
Gondo, I am disappoint.

Harden-esque
You've got it all wrong.

I'm saving up all my derision, salt, and shit-talk for Dem Spurs.

Harden was resting up and getting ready to snatch the crown from Manu. Bestbrook's line against the Lakers:

@billhaisten: #okcthunder Westbrook's numbers for the series: 25.6 scoring average, 49 percent shooting, 23 assists, four turnovers.

Expect more of the same.

Add in KD's clutchness and Fish's credentials as a Spurs Assassin, and I'm feeling good.

I have to congratulate the Thunder fans. Not only Tyler, Gondo, and whomever. All Thunder fans since, you know, they didn't really have a chance to exist til like 4(?) years ago.

That was amazing. The crowd outside the arena? The crowd inside the arena? Is there anything else like it? For a conference-semi final game? I honestly can't think of the last time. So amazing. Congrats, thats an amazing fan base.

Gondo, Im in the big D but im thinking about buying tix to a game/driving up. How expensive you think that shit would be? Can I stand outside for free or is there like an entrance fee? If its too expensive, I might go to San Antonio (since no one ever goes there :p). Im not missing this series.

thank you!

we did it guys!!

You've got it all wrong.

Harden was resting up and getting ready to snatch the crown from Manu. Bestbrook's line against the Lakers:

Expect more of the same.

Add in KD's clutchness and Fish's credentials as a Spurs Assassin, and I'm feeling good.

Spurs have players that can defend on the perimeter and hit 3's. That fronting shit is going to get a lot of weakside/corner 3's for us.

KingGondo

Banned
Pretty sure it's free to stand outside in Thunder Alley.

If I had to guess, ticket prices for game 3 will fluctuate depending on whether OKC is able to steal one in San Antonio. Be prepared to pay a minimum of $50 for nosebleed seats, more if OKC wins game one or two.

You've got it all wrong.

Expect more of the same.

These Lakers were one of the worst teams at forcing turnovers in NBA history and their PnR D was really bad, much worse matchup for YNB though he's obviously a great player and will probably still play great in the next year.

OKC is such an exciting team to watch. I really like the makeup of this team. I think next series is going to be really good. I also thought OKC players were so very well spoken after the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom