• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT2| OKC VS LA: Black on Black Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duki

Banned
pssst he played too many minutes for the lakers and for spain and is also an old man to boot

paus just done thats all

three finals trips + international play is a lot of extra minutes on top of an 82 game season

too much mileage for this old bronco

dunno why yall impressed with the thunder though, they aint even got rings yet

where dey rings at

talk to me when we know where dey rings at

real champs got rings

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Im not a regular here at all but thank you Thunder for crushing my pro-laker family and all mexican laker fans hopes/dreams/etc of seeing the Lakers getting another ring. Nothing makes me happier than watching their everyday arrogant and obnoxious attitude turn into bitter tears. Once again thank you Thunder and Durant/Fisher.

So between the Spurs and the Thunder, who is the best team against the Heat, assuming they meet in the NBA Finals?

Someone has to defeat the Heat.

So between the Spurs and the Thunder, who is the best team against the Heat, assuming they meet in the NBA Finals?

The Spurs because the Heat are bad at often bad at defending the three and they have no one to guard Duncan. Both teams would probably beat the Heat though.

Ultratech

Ideally, Indiana will beat the Heat before such a situation occurs.

But if I must choose, I'd say OKC. Both teams would prolly beat Miami anyhow.

Alrix

I don't know who to root for in the WCF. I like the Thunder personally, but I feel like SAS has the better chance to beat Miami, which is what really matters to me.

"Trade Pau, trade Bynum".....

Horseshit. Same old problem, they don't have a decent point guard. Blake isn't any good. Sessions didn't distinguish himself. Goudelock didn't even play. So until the lakers get someone that can run, pass and shoot, they ain't gonna go anywhere in the playoffs.

What was it, something like 30 to 4 in fast break points? Don't blame that on Pau or Bynum.

Maybe that Odom guy could've come in handy too.

Oh and gj mike Brown. Defensive oriented coach indeed.

Cloudy

Banned
They have Durant who's been an amazing closer this postseason. In a close game, you almost always favor the team with the best player.

I'm still not convinced that Durant is OKC's best player. Westbrook is the one who always keeps them in it then KD gets the glory lol

What the Hell...

nba_g_russwts_576.jpg

Horseshit. Same old problem, they don't have a decent point guard. Blake isn't any good. Sessions didn't distinguish himself. Goudelock didn't even play. So until the lakers get someone that can run, pass and shoot, they ain't gonna go anywhere in the playoffs.

What was it, something like 30 to 4 in fast break points? Don't blame that on Pau or Bynum.

First of all, it's not horseshit. Bynum and Pau are simply inconsistent as hell. That's a fact. Watch the games. They don't give their all every game. Second, yes the Lakers need a point or a young perimeter player that can create his own shot. Problem is those don't grow on trees. You can't just sign one for the MLE. You have to blow it up because otherwise, Drew/Pau/Kobe is the core. That's it. And that won't get it done. You can't realistically and successfully complement this roster with smaller pieces anymore. It's not 2008.

Also, did you watch that "Odom guy" at all this season? Saying he could have come in handy makes me think you don't watch basketball at all.

How many close games did Dirk win last year?

A lot, but those wins came off more as luck I think. Two of the games in the Mavs series came down to a single bounce with Durant's shot bouncing in while Dirk's didn't. Game 4's game winner also came off as look that Durant would often miss (whereas Dirk was amazing at the shots he was taking to end games last year).

linsivvi

I don't think you understand how this works.

How are you gonna get a decent PG without trading either of them?

Edit: Damn, Ninja and I are on absolutely the same page here.

-____-

What the fuck does this even mean? 4-1 in close games means they have the talent, coaching, and will to finish games strongly. That's called a championship-caliber team.

They've been clutch this year and Durant has some great touch, but winning almost all games that end in single bounces seems like it won't happen all the time. I think they'll still succeed down the stretch, but I think they may be due for some missed shots at the end of the game.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
the Heat are the only team we don't have a w against (beat boston by 1 or 2). We were up on the Heat by 10+ then LeBron went off in the 3rd. It was like game 3 of spurs/clipps but reversed. Still hurts the soul.

First of all, it's not horseshit. Bynum and Pau are simply inconsistent as hell. That's a fact. Watch the games. They don't give their all every game. Second, yes the Lakers need a point or a young perimeter player that can create his own shot. Problem is those don't grow on trees. You can't just sign one for the MLE. You have to blow it up because otherwise, Drew/Pau/Kobe is the core. That's it. And that won't get it done. You can't realistically and successfully complement this roster with smaller pieces anymore. It's not 2008.

Also, did you watch that "Odom guy" at all this season? Saying he could have come in handy makes me think you don't watch basketball at all.

Agreed. Bynum just doesn't give enough of a shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom