• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT2| OKC VS LA: Black on Black Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've got it all wrong.

I'm saving up all my derision, salt, and shit-talk for Dem Spurs.

Harden was resting up and getting ready to snatch the crown from Manu. Bestbrook's line against the Lakers:

Expect more of the same.

Add in KD's clutchness and Fish's credentials as a Spurs Assassin, and I'm feeling good.

You should be, they're a paper tiger. Last time they were in the WCF, they didn't stay that long. OKC in 6.

I'm classy to those that exhibit class and you two are all class.

BAD-TOUCH.gif

exarkun

I'm classy to those that exhibit class and you two are all class.

lolol

what a troll.

I have a stark prediction: This series will be tight, with it all hinging on...Fisher. If he can hit his threes he stretches the floor and Manu's pesky hands won't be available to stop the Thunder from penetrating.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Have to agree that Okc needs to take it in six.

Anyway, proud of our club. May take a camera with me to thunder alley for game three.

Loki

Count of Concision
Kobe with a fantastic scoring game in a losing effort, but I felt that his strategy to come out gunning early, looking for his shot and his shot only, was the wrong one. It alienated his teammates early and consequently they never got into any sort of rhythm. I can count on one hand the number of times they actually tried to establish Gasol or Bynum in the post in the first half, and it was even less in the second half. Obviously some of the onus is on the other Lakers to find their own ways to contribute to the game, but as the star, I don't think the way Kobe played today was conducive to winning despite his efficiency and him having his best offensive game of the series.

It was a combination of two things imo:

A) The fact that he came out immediately gunning, never looking to establish their inside game or try to get others involved, that alienated his teammates and didn't allow anyone to get into an offensive rhythm.

B) The type of ball he was playing (i.e,m that his shots were all on extended isos where he monopolized the ball for 6-8+ seconds also contributed to alienating his teammates. If more of his scores were off the ball on quick catch-and-shoots, offensive putbacks, run-outs on steals etc. at least other guys would have had the feel of the ball in their hands and felt more invested in the game.

Yes, you can't afford to wait until the second half to turn it on against an explosive team like OKC, so if after the first 8-14 minutes of the game things are going south, by all means shoot the ball. But imo looking to shoot every time you touch the ball from the opening tip isn't conducive to winning basketball games at this level.

Props to OKC, who showed tremendous poise throughout the series for such a young team. Spurs/OKC is gonna be a tremendous series.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Pop is going to literally have had an entire week to prepare for the Thunder. Can't forget that.
Okc has raw power no matter what happens.

I think thats the big difference. I think the spurs pull it out in 7 but I haven't been this hyped for a series since Lakers v KG Celtics 1

Kobe with a fantastic scoring game in a losing effort, but I felt that his strategy to come out gunning early, looking for his shot and his shot only, was the wrong one. It alienated his teammates early and consequently they never got into any sort of rhythm. I can count on one hand the number of times they actually tried to establish Gasol or Bynum in the post in the first half, and it was even less in the second half. Obviously some of the onus is on the other Lakers to find their own ways to contribute to the game, but as the star, I don't think the way Kobe played today was conducive to winning despite his efficiency and him having his best offensive game of the series.

A) The fact that he came out immediately gunning, never looking to establish their inside game or try to get others involved, that alienated his teammates and didn't allow anyone to get into an offensive rhythm.

B) The type of ball he was playing (i.e,m that his shots were all on extended isos where he monopolized the ball for 6-8+ seconds also contributed to alienating his teammates. If more of his scores were off the ball on quick catch-and-shoots, offensive putbacks, run-outs on steals etc. at least other guys would have had the feel of the ball in their hands and felt more invested in the game.

Yes, you can't afford to wait until the second half to turn it on against an explosive team like OKC, so if after the first 8-14 minutes of the game things are going south, by all means shoot the ball. But imo looking to shoot every time you touch the ball from the opening tip isn't conducive to winning basketball games at this level.

Props to OKC, who showed tremendous poise throughout the series for such a young team. Spurs/OKC is gonna be a tremendous series.
I like you. Really nice anaylsis.

Yes, you can't afford to wait until the second half to turn it on against an explosive team like OKC, so if after the first 8-14 minutes of the game things are going south, by all means shoot the ball. But imo looking to shoot every time you touch the ball from the opening tip isn't conducive to winning basketball games at this level. There were stretches where they went to Bynum and he was short arming his shots. He also was not getting back to crash the boards and even making an effort to rebound. Pau also went 5 for 14. That's pitiful for a big man. I don't blame Kobe for how he plays when he doesn't know which Pau and which Drew is going to show up.

When is Kobe going to be off the hook for picking and choosing when to get Pau and Drew involved and making sure they don't mentally check out like they do so often? They are fucking professional basketball players. Both are veterans. If they don't have it in them to step up in the goddamn playoffs then fuck them.

When is Kobe going to be off the hook for picking and choosing when to get Pau and Drew involved and making sure they don't mentally check out like they do so often? They are fucking professional basketball players. Both are veterans. If they don't have it in them to step up in the goddamn playoffs then fuck them.

And this. Heres the issue. Kobe is Alpha and at this age he needs another alpha with the same desire and psychotic need for victory and unfortunately neither Pau nor Bynum have that fire. Kobe knows he cant lean on them so he doesnt try especially in an elimination game. But loki made a fair point that this doesnt make it easy for his teammates to get in a nice feel of the game.

Branduil

Well usually teams have a thing called a coach who makes sure that players stay in line and do their job. The Lakers should probably get one.

lol you guys are buying into this bullshit OKC hype

Gregg Popovich v. Scotty Brooks

We gonna sweep dat asssssss

You've got it all wrong.

I'm saving up all my derision, salt, and shit-talk for Dem Spurs.

If you act all soft and shit like you just did against ryu I'll never forgive you

lol Kenny's crazy. Lebron is so much better than Durant. Put Lebron on the Thunder and they'd have a title already. Harden, Westbrook, Ibaka and co. are far better than any supporting cast Bron has played with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom