• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT2| OKC VS LA: Black on Black Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.
depends. If only 3 out of every 10 shots hit their target you know it was the Lakers.

blacklaughingkid.gif

Westbrook has had to play zero defense in the playoffs so far. Zero. Jason Kidd is a great floor general that passed up on wide open lay ups. Ramon Sessions was a ghost out there. He'll have to guard Tony Parker and he'll have to chase him around.

The Spurs will not blow leads like the Lakers and Dallas did. If OKC wants to get into a shooting contest with San Antonio they'd be glad to accommodate that.

Westbrook has had to play zero defense in the playoffs so far. Zero. Jason Kidd is a great floor general that passed up on wide open lay ups. Ramon Sessions was a ghost out there. He'll have to guard Tony Parker and he'll have to chase him around.

The Spurs will not blow leads like the Lakers and Dallas did. If OKC wants to get into a shooting contest with San Antonio they'd be glad to accommodate that.

It surprises me how many people are picking OKC when SA has looked amazing this past month. I haven't seen a team this locked in since the 01 Lakers.

Guys, I don't know, guys. Mike Brown did a great job for someone who had absolutely no training camp and had to basically start from scratch. He managed to get his team to avoid major injuries in the regular season and even coached them to the 2nd round of the playoffs. I say we give him one more season to see what he can do.

It surprises me how many people are picking OKC when SA has looked amazing this past month. I haven't seen a team this locked in since the 01 Lakers.

It also helps San Antonio tremendously that OKC's front court is defensive minded. I don't expect Perkins or Ibaka to blow up. Duncan should have a great series. I think even Splitter will have a big series.

People are picking the Thunder in large numbers because the win is still very fresh.

Give it a couple days.

I'm not picking a team to win but I'd like to see OKC win it.

That's the part that boggles my mind about Kobe haters.

You know how many guys would just make $30 million for the next 2 years and not give 2 shits about winning?

With the way hes chucking, I'd say he gave up on winning a long time ago. Hes only looking for stats now.

I'm not even worried about KD that much. Its Harden and how much he is allowed to set okcs pace.

This could be his coming out party

Dude youre just high from watching OKC play a very bad Laker team.

Take a deep breath and think about what the Spurs have accomplished in the last 2 months.

Do you think Scotty Brooks and a dysfunctional point guard are going to stop that? We're better in every way.

and to be fair, OKC played the Mavs and the Lakers.

Come on son. The defending champs who actually played the Thunder well in the first two games, and a Laker team with Kobe Bryant? That's infinitely tougher than a Jazz team that had no place in the playoffs and an injured Clippers who were just happy to be that far in.

It's going to be a close series.

How many games do you think Utar or the Clips would have pushed the Thunder to?

Simplistic viewpoint. Look at their winning streak. That isn't luck. They've been dominant against a wide variety of teams. They've also been blowing teams out. It's not like many of the Utah or Clippers games were actually close.

And the Spurs will choke with an early lead the way the Lakers did?

Hey, I have no idea who wins but I can't seriously see any team dominating this Thunder team.

Speed kills.

It's an interesting matchup and I usually would favor the halfcourt executing smart veteran team like the Spurs but I think this is the Thunder's time.

They just weren't ready last year.

I see it going 6 or 7 games, any less and I'd be very surprised.

Simplistic viewpoint. Look at their winning streak. That isn't luck. They've been dominant against a wide variety of teams. They've also been blowing teams out. It's not like many of the Utah or Clippers games were actually close.

No one said it's luck. I gave the 5pur5 credit many pages ago. Ask Timberlake.

I'm just saying that the 5pur5 might not have swept the first 2 rounds had the roles been reversed.

And that the Thunder may have swept the 2 teams the 5pur5 did.

But alas, we'll never know.

First of all, it's not horseshit. Bynum and Pau are simply inconsistent as hell. That's a fact. Watch the games. They don't give their all every game. Second, yes the Lakers need a point or a young perimeter player that can create his own shot. Problem is those don't grow on trees. You can't just sign one for the MLE. You have to blow it up because otherwise, Drew/Pau/Kobe is the core. That's it. And that won't get it done. You can't realistically and successfully complement this roster with smaller pieces anymore. It's not 2008.

Also, did you watch that "Odom guy" at all this season? Saying he could have come in handy makes me think you don't watch basketball at all.

Yes its horseshit. I love Fantasy GMs: "Hey, I've got an inconsistent project center with an ambivalent attitude and a history of bad knees, want to make a trade? No?! Ok, how about my power forward that lacks any kind of power and disappears at crucial moments? Want to take him off my hands?" Good luck with that, boss. Nobody is going to do the Lakers....the LAKERS...any favors, and the only thing you're guaranteed to get in a trade right now is screwed.

I know I'm in the minority on this but still, I still like the Bynum/Gasol combo. Big men aren't growing on trees either.

Never should have given away Odom, but that's what happens when you make decisions based on emotion. Just like what Laker Nation wants to do right now.

The Lakers are stuck with this mess for at least one more year. None of their big pieces, players or coaches, are going anywhere. Their best hope is to run their kids more and try to save their aging vets for the playoffs.

Oh, and one last thing. OKC was the better team and played that way. Clutch shot after clutch shot. I've got to give them their due. The Lakers weren't bad....OKC was just better. Accept it and get ready for next year.

Canuck76

Banned
Got to say tonight was aggravating in a fun way. When Russ hit that crazy shot on the sessions foul i went nuts. I was punching the couch and frigging throwing pillows every which way.

This is the OKC team i like. At worst this team is Stern's stars who get fouls every other possession. At best they're making you question and be amazed by how they can dominate by being primarily a jump shooting team. (yes they got points in the paint but making jumpers played a huge role in that)

For me these guys are the new villains of the NBA. No, everybody on this team is super nice, Durant is a golden boy and Wade and Lebron are still huge jerks. But i can't take the heat seriously after last season. These guys are killers, born and bred. While i still wish we had the sonics to make a full roster of truly "west" coast teams i can't help but enjoy rooting against these guys.

Also huge lulz go out to everybody who was hedging hard on the coach nick videos. Me and a few others (King Gondo is memorable) were crying out in the wilderness that Russ was legit, was a good PG, was a good scorer, and wasn't going to hold this team back from a championship. Far from it the Thunder needed this kid.

Certainly Coach Nick made good points, but he missed so much of what Russ did well (getting in the paint) and really was wrong about this kid.

Yes its horseshit. I love Fantasy GMs: "Hey, I've got an inconsistent project center with an ambivalent attitude and a history of bad knees, want to make a trade? No?! Ok, how about my power forward that lacks any kind of power and disappears at crucial moments? Want to take him off my hands?" Good luck with that, boss. Nobody is going to do the Lakers....the LAKERS...any favors, and the only thing you're guaranteed to get in a trade right now is screwed.

I know I'm in the minority on this but still, I still like the Bynum/Gasol combo. Big men aren't growing on trees either.

Never should have given away Odom, but that's what happens when you make decisions based on emotion. Just like what Laker Nation wants to do right now.

The Lakers are stuck with this mess for at least one more year. None of their big pieces, players or coaches, are going anywhere. Their best hope is to run their kids more and try to save their aging vets for the playoffs.

Oh, and one last thing. OKC was the better team and played that way. Clutch shot after clutch shot. I've got to give them their due. The Lakers weren't bad....OKC was just better. Accept it and get ready for next year.

Sorry but that's bullshit. The idea that you can't trade Pau or Bynum right now and not get screwed is shit. 75% of the owners and GMs in this league are morons. Even if they played like crap, Pau and Bynum still have value around the league. They might not net you a superstar in return, but you can get pieces that can give you depth, and more cap flexibility moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom