• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT2| OKC VS LA: Black on Black Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one said it's luck. I gave the 5pur5 credit many pages ago. Ask Timberlake.

I'm just saying that the 5pur5 might not have swept the first 2 rounds had the roles been reversed.

And that the Thunder may have swept the 2 teams the 5pur5 did.

But alas, we'll never know.

Like I said, their winning streak predates the playoffs. The Utah and Clippers games weren't even close.

The other guy is right. An emaciated Dallas team could have easily won at least two games against them and an imploding Lakers team could have won at least two games against them. Why didn't they? Execution. Do you think a Greg Popvich team will not execute?

Vahagn

Holy crap when the Spurs lose this season I'm gonna be so happy clowning JT and Wreckage...Team has been the poster boy for "Playoff Under-Achiever" for 4 years and finally past the second round and these guys have lost any sense of memory or humility.

Get at me when your franchise successfully defends a title instead of wilting every time they're not under the radar

Holy crap when the Spurs lose this season I'm gonna be so happy clowning JT and Wreckage...Team has been the poster boy for "Playoff Under-Achiever" for 4 years and finally past the second round and these guys have lost any sense of memory or humility.

Get at me when your franchise successfully defends a title instead of wilting every time they're not under the radar

I'm not even a Spurs fan. I'm just picking them in the series. Troll harder.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
OKC in 7. OKC's bench will manage to keep up with the Spurs bench...maybe not match them, but keep up. Tony Parker may outplay Westbrook, but he will keep up with him.

The difference will be Durant and how the Spurs will have no consistent and definitive answer for him.

But I wouldn't be surprised if Spurs won in 7 either, but I'll go with OKC. FThunder vs Heat in finals! 75% of all points scored will be free throws. :lol

Popovich won't let Perkins and Ibaka set bullshit screens. He'll mindfuck Russell Westbrook. If the Thunder can't get offensive rebounds, Spurs win.

Like I said, their winning streak predates the playoffs. The Utah and Clippers games weren't even close.

The other guy is right. An emaciated Dallas team could have easily won at least two games against them and an imploding Lakers team could have won at least two games against them. Why didn't they? Execution. Do you think a Greg Popvich team will not execute?

I always lean with Pop (best active coach in the league) but things happen. Teams get hot and cold and what we both know is, the 5pur5 have yet to be tested.

I agree that the Thunder will have to win in spite of their coach.

We will see what happens.

OKC in 7. OKC's bench will manage to keep up with the Spurs bench...maybe not match them, but keep up. Tony Parker may outplay Westbrook, but he will keep up with him.

The difference will be Durant and how the Spurs will have no consistent and definitive answer for him.

But I wouldn't be surprised if Spurs won in 7 either, but I'll go with OKC. FThunder vs Heat in finals! 75% of all points scored will be free throws. :lol

Lawl, OKC's bench is one player.

Cloudy

Banned
When is Kobe going to be off the hook for picking and choosing when to get Pau and Drew involved and making sure they don't mentally check out like they do so often? They are fucking professional basketball players. Both are veterans. If they don't have it in them to step up in the goddamn playoffs then fuck them.

Seriously. What other stars have to babysit their teammates on the court? And he's not even a PG!!!

Vahagn

Beating the Spurs requires discipline...just keep your eyes on the 3 pt threats at all times if you're guarding them and let tony Parker and Duncan just run PnR all day. Westbrook and Ibaka are athletic enough and strong enough to play the PnR well and if you take away the spurs 3 pt shot, you take them away...much the same strategy of playing against the Magic from 09-11

Duncan is gonna get a lot of his shots blocked if they stick Ibaka on him, and he's gonna be forced out of the paint if they stick Perkins on him. The Spurs are a better overall team but OKc has a much better big 3 (the best in the league). If they stay disciplined on defending the 3 point shot they should be fine

Beating the Spurs requires discipline...just keep your eyes on the 3 pt threats at all times if you're guarding them and let tony Parker and Duncan just run PnR all day. Westbrook and Ibaka are athletic enough and strong enough to play the PnR well and if you take away the spurs 3 pt shot, you take them away...much the same strategy of playing against the Magic from 09-11

You have no idea what you're talking about. Whittling down the Spurs to a three point shooting team is absurd. They've got slashers and playmakers on that team from top to bottom. You can run them off the three point line, but every single person on that team is a great passer.

Cloudy

Banned
It also helps San Antonio tremendously that OKC's front court is defensive minded. I don't expect Perkins or Ibaka to blow up. Duncan should have a great series. I think even Splitter will have a big series.

This ain't 2003. Spurs do not need good games from Duncan to win...

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Considering what the Spurs defense did to the likes of Chris Paul, I can't wait to see how they bitchslap YNB.

Duki

Banned
Seriously. What other stars have to babysit their teammates on the court? And he's not even a PG!!!
nah you and ninja are both missing the point

its not about babysitting, its about kobe running the damn offense

hes literally responsible for making sure it works. hes the primary ball handler. if pau and bynum work their butts off, and dont get rewarded for it by the ball handler, they stop working, and then when the ball handler finally wants to give them the ball, suddenly they arent as open and he gets mad. its like team sports 101.

normally a good point guard would be doing this shit, and not the teams sg. but the lakers dont have one of those, and the offense is run through kobe, making it his responsibility to get the ball to guys in their spots when theyre working

Vahagn

You have no idea what you're talking about. Whittling down the Spurs to a three point shooting team is absurd. They've got slashers and playmakers on that team from top to bottom. You can run them off the three point line, but every single person on that team is a great passer.

And here's your dumbass cocky mentality...you don't offer your reasons for why the Spurs will win, what you do is ignore or irrationally talk shit about every single viewpoint that suggests the Spurs are beatable. You've been arrogantly doing it for 2 pages, and that's why when the Spurs lose this year ...it's gonna be glorious.

As for slashers and playmakers...the Thunder are better in that department. The only advantage the Spurs have is their 3 pt shot, and Pop. Let the big 3 try to out duel the Thunder big 3, it's not happening for 4 games... And stay at home on the perimeter shooters and the Thunder have a big shot to win.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I don't follow the 5pur5...who will they throw at Durant?

Does it matter? Their gameplan will most likely be let either Durant, Westbrook, OR Harden get theirs, but never all at the same time.

They'll shut YNB down, Durant can go off (just like Griffin did) and it won't matter as long as they keep everyone else in check.

But they got Kawhi and Jax as far as forwards to throw at Durant.

Does it matter? Their gameplan will most likely be let either Durant, Westbrook, OR Harden get theirs, but never all at the same time.

They'll shut YNB down, Durant can go off (just like Griffin did) and it won't matter as long as they keep everyone else in check.

True dat.

Branduil

And here's your dumbass cocky mentality...you don't offer your reasons for why the Spurs will win, what you do is ignore or irrationally talk shit about every single viewpoint that suggests the Spurs are beatable. You've been arrogantly doing it for 2 pages, and that's why when the Spurs lose this year ...it's gonna be glorious.

As for slashers and playmakers...the Thunder are better in that department. The only advantage the Spurs have is their 3 pt shot, and Pop. Let the big 3 try to out duel the Thunder big 3, it's not happening for 4 games... And stay at home on the perimeter shooters and the Thunder have a big shot to win.

I love how your analysis of the Spurs' offense amounts to "just guard their perimeter shooters!" I wonder why no team has tried this genius strategy.

Considering what the Spurs defense did to the likes of Chris Paul, I can't wait to see how they bitchslap YNB.

Tonys gonna beat that ass up

And Tim is going to embarrass their frontline. Its gonna be slaughter

Manu>Harden and its not even close.

Kawhi is going to shut down KD without batting an eye. Expect 6-20s and 4-18s from Durant. Goofy shirts and pink backpacks won't looks so cute when youre about to get swept

iamvin22

Industry Verified
Kobe 40Pts 55% Team 46Pts 38%

Blow this shit up!

318282_443967538946919_100000010314671_91391643_1355663885_n.jpg

Vahagn

hes literally responsible for making sure it works. hes the primary ball handler. if pau and bynum work their butts off, and dont get rewarded for it by the ball handler, they stop working, and then when the ball handler wants to give them the ball, suddenly they arent as open and he gets mad. its like team sports 101.

normally a good point guard would be doing this shit, and not the teams sg. but the lakers dont have one of those, and the offense is run through kobe, making it his responsibility to get the ball to guys in their spots when theyre working

You're missing the point. "Staying engaged and playing with effort" is not something that should come and go based off of touches or shot attempts...in a regular season meaningless game it can possibly be excused, but in a playoff game it can't. It's not Kobe's fault that Bynum and Pau don't bring consistent and constant effort and energy in doung the things needed to win games (boxing out, rebounding, setting screens, etc). For the record, Bynum and Pau shot like ass in the second half...but no one blames KD for not getting Ibaka or Perkins or Collison involved. Those 3 play with hustle and energy and effort no matter how many shots they get. Jordan Hill does the same!

Bynum and Pau don't get free passes for sulking and playing without a 100% effort when they're on max contracts because they weren't passed the ball as much as they would like.

You're honestly reaching for ways to blame Kobe...for the lack of effort from his bigs...it's an absolute joke.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
With the way hes chucking, I'd say he gave up on winning a long time ago. Hes only looking for stats now.

Dude youre just high from watching OKC play a very bad Laker team.

Take a deep breath and think about what the Spurs have accomplished in the last 2 months.

Do you think Scotty Brooks and a dysfunctional point guard are going to stop that? We're better in every way.
yeah because clippers and jazz are awesome

Spurs will have trouble with raw power like okc. Its far from an easy series. I never said sa would lose either

Vahagn

I love how your analysis of the Spurs' offense amounts to "just guard their perimeter shooters!" I wonder why no team has tried this genius strategy.

Lots of teams aren't disciplined and the Spurs don't beat themselves - the clippers and jazz do though. Also, you need a big who can guard Timmy one on one, and a pg who can guard Tony, and a combination that can play the PnR. If you have that, you can stay at home on shooters and not be forced to help. The Thunder have that and their big 3 is more explosive, more athletic, and more dangerous than the Spurs big 3.

Letting Duncan/Tony/Ginobli try to beat you and staying at home on everyone else would kill most teams because those 3 could beat you 4 games out of 7 - but they're not beating the big 3 of the Thunder and that's why this strategy works.

We don't talk about the Silver Stars here, JT.

Did you know the Austin Toros won the D-League this year? 2-1 over LA. Came back from a game 1 loss and won two in Los Angeles (I'd say Staples but they actually play in the Laker practice facility lol).

Everythings goin right for us this year. Gonna win both leagues baby 8)

Cloudy

Banned

Kobe "running the offense" doesn't usually work against good teams cos we need his scoring to stay in games. Don't blame Kobe cos Blake sucks and Mike Brown doesn't trust Sessions to run the team.

I've had enough of hearing about how Bynum and Pau need to be spoonfed to score!!!

no one blames KD for not getting Ibaka or Perkins or Collison involved. Those 3 play with hustle and energy and effort no matter how many shots they get. Jordan Hill does the same!

EXACTLY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom