• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT2| OKC VS LA: Black on Black Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are Jazz even a better team than the injured Knicks?

Knicks won one game by two points because of a pullup Dagger 3 by Carmelo. Jazz have absolutely no one who can create their own offense on the perimeter.

And you continue to miss points, make up your own at laugh at them.

lol. Ignore the facts, friend.

Your team couldn't sweep an injured Knicks team while the Spurs swept a healthy Jazz team that had the same record.

Are Jazz even a better team than the injured Knicks?

Knicks won one game by two points because of a pullup Dagger 3 by Carmelo. Jazz have absolutely no one who can create their own offense on the perimeter.

And you continue to miss points, make up your own at laugh at them.

Is

Harris
Bell
Hayward
Favors
AL

Watson
Tinsley
Miles
Milsap
Kanter

Better than

Bibby
Fields
Melo
One hand Amare
Chandler

Toney Douglas
JR
Novak
Jeffries
Harrellson

?

I'd say yes without hesitating.

Is

Harris
Bell
Hayward
Favors
AL

Watson
Tinsley
Miles
Milsap
Kanter

Better than

Bibby
Fields
Melo
One hand Amare
Chandler

Toney Douglas
JR
Novak
Jeffries
Harrellson

?

I'd say yes without hesitating.

All you need to do is look at the record. Both teams with 36-30 in the regular season and the Knicks weren't even healthy in the series vs Miami. And Shadow is actually trying to argue that the Heat pulling a 4-1 victory was more impressive than the Spurs sweep? lol.

Spurs sweeping the Jazz is not impressive no matter which way you try to slice it.

It's more impressive than the Heat pulling a 4-1 victory over the Knicks.

All you need to do is look at the record. Both teams with 36-30 in the regular season and the Knicks weren't even healthy in the series vs Miami. And Shadow is actually trying to argue that the Heat pulling a 4-1 victory was more impressive than the Spurs sweep? lol.

It's more impressive than the Heat pulling a 4-1 victory over the Knicks.

No.
Again since you can't seem to follow.

The root argument is that the Heat beating the Pacers and Celtics with the roster and abysmal production we have now, getting Bosh back and winning the Finals is just impressive as SAS/OKC sweeping the teams they are supposed to sweep and beating the Heat or whoever in the Finals.

wait.. what?

you do realize you're a Heat fan?

any Heat team ever would get their shit pushed in by the 96-98 Jazz

LOL

Vahagn

Shadow - The Heat have the absolute easiest path to the finals, bar none. This is honestly not even debateable. They didn't have to face a Magic Team with Dwight or a Chicago team with Rose. Now with the Bosh injury, it makes it more interesting, but what the Heat have accomplished up to this point with or without Bosh (beating a depleted NY team 4-1 and going 2-2 against the Pacers) isn't actually impressive.

diehard

Fleer
also, winning 2 games in Utah where they have these things called "fans" is impressive.

Jazz are a bad road team but a pretty dang good home team.

Shadow - The Heat have the absolute easiest path to the finals, bar none. This is honestly not even debateable. They didn't have to face a Magic Team with Dwight or a Chicago team with Rose. Now with the Bosh injury, it makes it more interesting, but what the Heat have accomplished up to this point with Bosh (beating a depleted NY team 4-1 and going 1-2 against the Pacers) isn't actually impressive.

Nope, as impressive as sweeping to western confrence finals. Dude is such a fucking joke.

Shadow - The Heat have the absolute easiest path to the finals, bar none. This is honestly not even debateable. They didn't have to face a Magic Team with Dwight or a Chicago team with Rose. Now with the Bosh injury, it makes it more interesting, but what the Heat have accomplished up to this point with or without Bosh (beating a depleted NY team 4-1 and going 2-2 against the Pacers) isn't actually impressive.

Neither is OKC/SAS doing what they are doing.

DMczaf

x6qwr.png

Lets be honest, the reason that Shadow and his fellow Heatles are pulling this 'We are underdogs!' argument is so if the Heat do win, they can say 'OMG, WE DID IT. WE WERE SO CLUTCH. LEBRON IS CLUTCH. WE PULLED THROUGH!!!'. If they don't win they can say 'Well, we were underdogs and weren't expected to win anyway.'

We sure are a long way from Not 1, not 2, not 3...

Neither is OKC/SAS doing what they are doing.

There are degrees of being impressive and what the Spurs have done is more impressive than what the Heatles have done.

Soooooo LA was so up a river that Sessions was the key to getting past Denver?

Not that I believe that for a second, but I do find it hilarious that someone would.

They could beat Denver without Ramon in a normal season. But if Fisher were still on the team it would mean the big 3 had to continue to play those big minutes from earlier in the year to win games. And play super hard on D. The team would have been completely worn out in every way. Also, they don't win games without Kobe and a Fisher-Ebanks backcourt.

Lakers were still a better team. But they would have been completely worn down by the time the series came. And that's assuming they kept the 3 seed, which they wouldn't have. In a lockout year, he made the difference. In a regular season, it might have been an even bigger difference.

Vahagn

Did you not listen to the Bynum interview after the game? The dude doesn't care. Jesus Christ himself couldn't inspire this guy to playing. Fuck Bynum. I don't mind calling out Kobe but listening to Bynum made me understand why Kobe does what he does. He is on a team with players who don't give nearly the same shit as he does.

Totally Agree! So remember yesterday when I was arguing that the Game 4 loss wasn't entirely on Kobe because Pau failed to show up? Bynum in game 5 had the same production as Pau in game 4, and almost the same effort.

That's why i was so pissed. It's obvious beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the only three guys who competed ALL SERIES for the Lakers were Metta, Hill and Kobe. Everyone else took at least 2 games off in their energy, effort, dedication, whateverthefuck.

I'm not comfortable pinning losses on Kobe (although I admit he occasionally shoots his team out of games) when his 2nd and 3rd option take nights off. If Bynum/Gasol gave as much effort as Ibaka/Perkins/Collison...or even Hill...this could be a totally different series.

4 Fucking rebounds? are you kidding me?...

Edit: Trade Bynum this off-season...he's not a guy we want being a torch-bearer for this franchise. I'd much rather be Bobcats bad for a few years than get stuck paying Bynum a 6 year 90 million contract or whatever. Ok...Rant over

Lets be honest, the reason that Shadow and his fellow Heatles are pulling this 'We are underdogs!' argument is so if the Heat do win, they can say 'OMG, WE DID IT. WE WERE SO CLUTCH. LEBRON IS CLUTCH. WE PULLED THROUGH!!!'. If they don't win they can say 'Well, we were underdogs and weren't expected to win anyway.'

We sure are a long way from Not 1, not 2, not 3...

It's not heat-age, it's just Shadow. Like when no one in Lakers-age agrees with Konex or heavy.

none of this would happen if blowingsteam didnt sit here every day going the other way saying "if they win it doesn't really count"

It's not heat-age, it's just Shadow. Like when no one in Lakers-age agrees with Konex or heavy.

Yea but we call Konex and heavy out. I don't see folks calling him out besides Cherry I believe.

none of this would happen if blowingsteam didnt sit here every day going the other way saying "if they win none of this counts"

LOL Yea, blame it on me. Don't blame it on the guy who guaranteed 8 in a row. Don't blame it on the guys who had a celebratory victory party before even playing a game.
Don't blame it on the guys who didn't show up during the finals. Don't blame it on them, blame it on me lol. You so crazy.

Sweeping to the WCF isn't as impressive as going 6-3 against an already shitty Knicks team that was depleted and The Pacers while missing your 3rd best player...annnd still in the second round in a super shitty eastern conference.

Okay.

Is 'air force' slang for middle school in Miami?

Sweeping those teams while you're at full health is not impressive. At all. Pacers and the Celtics offer actual challenges while we're short handed.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Sweeping those teams while you're at full health is not impressive. At all. Pacers and the Celtics offer actual challenges while we're short handed.

Sweeping the Knicks at full health was so impressive that the Heat couldn't even do it

goddamn your love for the heat is not going to materialize into penis bro

shit
Everyone here does something every single fucking day.
Whether its the Lakers, Kobe, LA getting calls
Whether its Bobcats getting #4
Whether its 'lol'Knicks Age
Whether its Worstbrook
Whether its flop city with the Clippers
Every single day is the same as every single day before and every single day after.
Get off my shit.

GET OFF MAH LAWN

seriously

he does it EVERY single fucking day

Everyone here does something every single fucking day.
Whether its the Lakers, Kobe, LA getting calls
Whether its Bobcats getting #4
Whether its 'lol'Knicks Age
Whether its Worstbrook
Whether its flop city with the Clippers
Every single day is the same as every single day before and every single day after.
Get off my shit.

Lin shit the bed vs the Heat literally a few weeks earlier and Shump is a scrub. Don't be silly.
Shumps is a great man defender and having Lin means not play Mike fucking Bibby. Even with how Lin sucked against them in the regular season he is an undeniable upgrade to the pg rotation of Bibby and no one.

thekad

Banned
You know you've lost it when you're arguing how impressive a team's run is through the semi-finals of a playoffs that's not even halfway through. Not even mad at shadowlark; all of you are dumb.

i have no idea what's gonna happen tonight. win or lose, im not sure why people are suddenly into the whole "degree of difficulty" shit this year

You know you've lost it when you're arguing how impressive a team's run is through the semi-finals of a playoffs that's not even halfway through. Not even mad at shadowlark; all of you are dumb.

pretty much. and after thursday this thread traded wade and bosh like 50 times

i have no idea what's gonna happen tonight. win or lose, im not sure why people are suddenly into the whole "degree of difficulty" shit this year

pretty much. and after thursday this thread traded wade and bosh like 50 times

A ring is a ring no matter what "degree of difficulty" it was to get it. This team is so hyped that when the Pacers went up 2-1 everyone from ESPN to my gf was talking like it was the apocalypse

Vahagn

Heat aren't making the finals this year. It would break Lebron's pattern of

"Get to the Finals, lose badly...then slowly move backwards"

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Knicks got lucky. The Lakers lucked around and won a game too, big fucking whoop?
Everyone: "Heat ain't impressive"
You: "LOL"
Everyone: *reasons why*
You: dumbass false equivalency/gross exaggeration/random bullshittery making it clear you have no idea what you're talking about anyway
Clovis: MAJIK. LARRY LEGEND. MJ. THEY PLAYED THE RIGHT WAY! *cane shake*

I'm done arguing with Shadow's I Am Sam ass.

If Bosh does comeback in time for the finals The Heat are still favorites, ESPN better not try to spin some underdog tale. Not chipping is a failure for SAS,OKC and especially MIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom