• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT2| OKC VS LA: Black on Black Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vire

Pretty hilarious:

All Heat fans get a UD40 Bandage when attending tonight's game.

534356_10150945089874124_284300559123_9793951_398064996_n.jpg

Of course except that statement is true. The Heat at full strength couldn't sweep an injured Knicks squad. WTF man? Thunder swept the defending champions and the Spurs swept two teams that were better playoff matchups than the Knicks.

I think you overestimate how good the lower tier west teams were. Jazz are honestly not any better than the Knicks. Same with the Mavs.

Of course except that statement is true. The Heat at full strength couldn't sweep an injured Knicks squad. WTF man? Thunder swept the defending champions and the Spurs swept two teams that were better playoff matchups than the Knicks.

No it isn't.

And still the fact is that Heat would be in the WCF in 9 games with either SASs or OKCs schedule.

Playoff Knicks/Pacers/Celts are shitty shit shit shit. Lakers minus Pau, not sure who The Clips 3rd best player even is, but yea. Both teams probably sweep Knicks finish Indy in 6 at the most then take out Sixers or Celts no problem.

East sucks, not sure why you're refuting that.

Im not refuting the fact that alot of the east is garbage. Im arguing that you are overrating the West and that what the Spurs/Thunder have done isn't impressive.

No it isn't.

And still the fact is that Heat would be in the WCF in 9 games with either SASs or OKCs schedule.

Im not refuting the fact that alot of the east is garbage. Im arguing that you are overrating the West and that what the Spurs/Thunder have done isn't impressive.

The Heat couldn't sweep an injured Knicks fan. I keep repeating this because its an astonishing fact. Yet you're going to sweep the Mavs, Clips, and Jazz? Hahahaha.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Again, shadowdork, please clarify:

Are Dallas, Denver, Utah, and the Clippers an easier match-up than the Sixers, Knicks, Magic, and Hawks?

No it isn't.

Overrating, maybe. Heat could not have swept their way to The WCF, nor could they have gotten there in 9 in OKC's shoes.

How this is even debatable is beyond me. Everybody knows the East stinks and that the Heat have been gifted a road to the finals that almost any other team would beg for and yet them reaching the finals would be impressive? Never change heat fans.

They lucked up and won one game. The knicks are about on par with the Clipps and better than Mavs/Jazz.

The Thunder and Spurs did in a stronger conference what the the Heat haven't been able to do. So yea. Congrats.

They lucked up and won one game. The knicks are about on par with the Clipps and better than Mavs/Jazz.
Not The Knicks with only two starters, one with a flu. Please stop, Im embarassed for you.

One handed Amare, No Shumps, No Lin, No Baron and Flu Chandler. No excuse for not sweeping. They were easily the worst playoff team.

At last I checked Kobe was supposed to be the Lakers leader? It wasnt just Bynum and Gasol that disappeared tho and sure they have some accountability, but Kobe turns everyone on his team into spectators. He is the captain, who better to keep everyone engaged, run the show. Jordan knew how to run the show, he turned Bill Wennington into a hero. He made Luc Longely an avenger. I want Bynum and Pau to go elsewhere. Then people will be left blaming their replacements.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The Heat are so great. Except they're struggling because they're not all that great, because they are not favorites, obviously. Wade and Lebron can't do it by themselves. The West is overrated because the Spurs and Thunder are doing what they're supposed to, which means that the East has tougher lower-seed match-ups because the Heat aren't as good.

But the Heat are awesome and would've made it to the WCF in under 9 games!

Man, cognitive dissonance is a bitch.

Considering most of you

1) Will wait until the Finals to give LeBron any credit
2) Do not think they will win the Finals anyways

Why is this discussion even happening?

At last I checked Kobe was supposed to be the Lakers leader? It wasnt just Bynum and Gasol that disappeared tho and sure they have some accountability, but Kobe turns everyone on his team into spectators. He is the captain, who better to keep everyone engaged, run the show. Jordan knew how to run the show, he turned Bill Wennington into a hero. He made Luc Longely an avenger. I want Bynum and Pau to go elsewhere. Then people will be left blaming their replacements.

Did you not listen to the Bynum interview after the game? The dude doesn't care. Jesus Christ himself couldn't inspire this guy to playing. Fuck Bynum. I don't mind calling out Kobe but listening to Bynum made me understand why Kobe does what he does. He is on a team with players who don't give nearly the same shit as he does.

this is just..

so stupid

It's Shadowdork. What do you expect? When it comes to all things Heat matters, the amount of cognitive dissonance that exists within his psyche is like the 8th wonder of the world.

Yes yes they would. Clips/Mavs/Lakers/Jazz are all garbage.

Clips/Lakers would be in the finals if they were in the east, but yea they're Injured Knicks bad....I thought the air force had some sort of inteligence minimum.

Can't sweep injured Knicks, trouble with Indy. Could sweep Jazz and Clips. Bwahaha.

diehard

Fleer
Did you not listen to the Bynum interview after the game? The dude doesn't care. Jesus Christ himself couldn't inspire this guy to playing. Fuck Bynum. I don't mind calling out Kobe but listening to Bynum made me understand why Kobe does what he does. He is on a team with players who don't give nearly the same shit as he does.

I agree with this, Kobe is an asshole but at least you know the dude cares. Like seriously, that's his whole life.

The Heat are so great. Except they're struggling because they're not all that great, because they are not favorites, obviously. Wade and Lebron can't do it by themselves. The West is overrated because the Spurs and Thunder are doing what they're supposed to, which means that the East has tougher lower-seed match-ups because the Heat aren't as good.

But the Heat are awesome and would've made it to the WCF in under 9 games!

Man, cognitive dissonance is a bitch.
Reading comprehension is too.

this is just..

so stupid

The truth is alot of times. Sorry.

charsace

The Clippers wouldn't beat Indiana. Indy would goon the fuck out of Paul and that would win them the series. Grizz lost to the clippers because they tried to be cute and guard Paul straight up instead of keeping the ball out of his hands and sending the bigs to blow up the pick and roll every time they run it. Pacers would kill them inside with Hibbert/West.

The clippers are the type of team that the Pacers will beat in a series every time. Clippers don't play any defense, especially their bigmen and they depend on one guy to get their offensive attack going. The problems that the Heat have with the Pacers would be magnified for the Clippers.

I challenged you to correct me on my summary. I'm still waiting.

If you don't want to clarify what you mean and if you don't mean what you say, then you should say what you mean.

The root argument is that the Heat beating the Pacers and Celtics with the roster and abysmal production we have now, getting Bosh back and winning the Finals is just impressive as SAS/OKC sweeping the teams they are supposed to sweep and beating the Heat or whoever in the Finals.

Heat sweeping to the WCF is so stupid Im still processing it.

May not make it to the ECF in a historically weak east, but could sweep to WCF.

Oh man....

Did you ignore the part where I said fully healthy? Or are you just being hyperbolic as usual.

thekad

Banned
One handed Amare, No Shumps, No Lin, No Baron and Flu Chandler. No excuse for not sweeping. They were easily the worst playoff team.

I can't believe you're pretending any of that mattered except for Chandler who was sick for one game. That series was a moral victory sweep from the start.

The root argument is that the Heat beating the Pacers and Celtics with the roster and abysmal production we have now, getting Bosh back and winning the Finals is just impressive as SAS/OKC sweeping the teams they are supposed to sweep and beating the Heat or whoever in the Finals.

The Heat being shitty is dumb reason to praise them. If The Celtics/Pacers/Sixers make it to the finals it would be as impressive as the heat cause the East fucking sucks. It's really that simple.

Can´t wait to see the universe collapse when two of the most irritating players go at each other.

Manu x Harden will be pure gold. Seeing them throw themselves at one another will make the referees panic.

Also, late but not so much since people are still debating this: Lakers were fucked even before the season started. Stern decided their fate when he blocked the CP3 trade.

They need a PG badly, Sessions is a good bench player, same can´t be said about Blake, who outside of a few good games is pure trash.

They also need a good SF and a backup SG.

I don´t think they can improve their starters at C, PF and SG, so they will have to deal with this core for a while.

You know what´s funny? Lakers could have had Beasley for nothing, and they said no because they were cheap. You shouldn´t be rewarded for being cheap. In that sense, they deserved to lose, even if it was for a team i hate.

I never, never ever thought i would say this, but GO SPURS GO! I want OKC to be eliminated so much that i already programmed my mind in a way that the Spurs are the saviors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom