• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

SA had to get extremely hot to win this one, at home. All these stats you are quoting mean nothing

ibeSvCa8brVxIp.gif

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
So happy with this win. It was HUGE imo. This is after all the first real playoff game the Spurs have had and they were able to adjust and impose their game towards the end. After watching this, I really believe.

Also, Jax really shook Durant during the 4th, didn't he? He is something else for this kind of situations.

KD ain't about that life

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
YNB with 7/21. It's like nobody saw this coming a mile away or anything.

giri

SA had to get extremely hot to win this one, at home. All these stats you are quoting mean nothing, OKC was in this(or better) the whole way. OKC had a great formula early and got away from it. We'll see how G2 goes.

Thats coaching. And the spurs coughed up a lot of dumb turnovers. I hardly think Thabo sefelosha will be an offensive force to start every game.

SA also shot FT's relatively poorly tonight.

A lot of things didnt' go the spurs way, and they still had a cushion.

But a lot of it will be much clearer after game 2.

It's seriously awesome how much Sancha was trying to discredit the Spuds all game

"oh they're so lucky OKC is missing shots"

"shook by their athleticism"

lawl, wrong about everything this postseason

But I was right. OKC abandoned their athleticism in the 4th leaving WB, Ibaka, and Thabo on the bench a lot, running a lineup with Fisher and Perk together.

I also was right about FTs. Thunder got pretty close to their usual, so Dy was wrong.

And if you look at my posts, I said their athleticism affected them so far. I never clowned the Spurs. They made some tough shots and OKC missed easy ones. In the 4th, Spurs got a ton of easy shots, especially in the paint, thanks to no Ibaka and Harden defending Manu. Also said the 4th would be good, and it was. Never said OKC had the game won at any point.

But I understand you gotta take out your Dwight rage out somewhere.

Ha not you guys. I'm not talking about the regulars loving great basketball.

but I spent basically my entire life in SA =(. It's hard coming into a sports thread when you don't post all the time and lay out credentials without being a douche or pandering. That's why sports threads get so insular so quick. Though this thread has been pretty cool for the most part.

It's the playoffs, this is kind of the time when fans of specific teams would want to come talk about the specific game they're watching with other basketball people on GAF. It makes sense.

But I was right. OKC abandoned their athleticism in the 4th leaving WB, Ibaka, and Thabo on the bench a lot, running a lineup with Fisher and Perk together.
Because Fisher was hot. The minute he cooled down he was out.
And if you look at my posts, I said their athleticism affected them so far. I never clowned the Spurs. They made some tough shots and OKC missed easy ones. In the 4th, Spurs got a ton of easy shots, especially in the paint, thanks to no Ibaka and Harden defending Manu. Also said the 4th would be good, and it was. Never said OKC had the game won at any point.

Look at the game and compare the shots overall by the Spurs and Thunder. Spurs had much easier shots then the Thunder due to the execution and passing.

Hell, the TNT guys are saying the exact same thing.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

I also was right about FTs. Thunder got pretty close to their usual, so Dy was wrong.

How was I wrong? SA doesn't foul heavy - and that kept them from getting suckered into FThunder late in the game. It never got close again because SA played smart and kept things under control even when the whistle went crazy.

but I spent basically my entire life in SA =(. It's hard coming into a sports thread when you don't post all the time and lay out credentials without being a douche or pandering. That's why sports threads get so insular so quick. Though this thread has been pretty cool for the most part.

It's the playoffs, this is kind of the time when fans of specific teams would want to come talk about the specific game they're watching with other basketball people on GAF. It makes sense.

Nah nothing wrong with how you said it. Just the people who come in that scream they are a lifelong fan.

aznpxdd

it had 2 good seasons out of 5.

You can't call that of ALL TIME. unless we're crowning YNB as the best PG in the NBA of course.

Wat.

S1, 3 & 4 are God tier.

S2 is different, but not necessarily bad, just different.

S5 is still good, the main story arc went a bit nuts. But the series ending montage nearly made me shed manly tears. That made up for the average season.

Because Fisher was hot. The minute he cooled down he was out.

And that's the fallacy of not benching someone cuz they'r ehot. Yes, Fisher was 5/5. But he only took 5 shots. Does 1 shot every 4-5 minute going in justify what he does on defense to you? Fisher should have come out when Manu started to get going again in the 4th. That's when the game was lost. That final Fisher bucket was negated by the 4 given up due to him on the floor.

Look at the game and compare the shots overall by the Spurs and Thunder. Spurs had much easier shots then the Thunder due to the execution and passing.

Because of the 4th. In the first 3 quarters, OKC got better looks and that's why they were up 9.

Durant was getting such easy shots in the 3rd.

How was I wrong? SA doesn't foul heavy - and that kept them from getting suckered into FThunder late in the game. It never got close again because SA played smart and kept things under control even when the whistle went crazy.

I told you the end would be in between the two extremes. And it was.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
RealSkipBayless
Westbrook 21 shots, Durant 19. Westbrook, several out-of-control drives, missed dunk & late killer charge. I'm glad he's OKC "point guard."

Your good man. We get a lot of "sudden lifelongs" at this point.

Wat.

S1, 3 & 4 are God tier.

S5 is still good, the main story arc went a bit nuts. But the series ending montage nearly made me shed manly tears. That made up for the average season.

I remember not liking season 2 much the first time I watched, but every time I rewatch the series I like it more to the point it's one of my favorites now. It's weird.

Your good man. We get a lot of "sudden lifelongs" at this point.

nba-gaf is way more accepting than nfl-gaf, but they do have a professional punter posting there. Someone like Mark Madsen needs to post in this thread.

And that's the fallacy of not benching someone cuz they'r ehot. Yes, Fisher was 5/5. But he only took 5 shots. Does 1 shot every 4-5 minute going in justify what he does on defense to you? Fisher should have come out when Manu started to get going again in the 4th. That's when the game was lost. That final Fisher bucket was negated by the 4 given up due to him on the floor.
Obviously it did to Scott Brooks!

We know OKC has only 1.5 PGs. Harden, and maybe Royal Ivey or something. If you're not playing YNBrook, you have to play Harden/Fisher/Cook/Ivey. What defensive wizard was going to play point?
Because of the 4th. In the first 3 quarters, OKC got better looks and that's why they were up 9.

Durant was getting such easy shots in the 3rd.
I'm not even talking the 4th, I said the whole game. OKC was hitting shots that you just shake the guys hand when he hit it. Spurs actually missed alot of shots that the normally hit/lower pressure shots.

Cloudy

Banned
Wat.

S1, 3 & 4 are God tier.

Breaking Bad > The Wire. Just much more consistent IMO

I[quoye]I'm not even talking the 4th, I said the whole game. OKC was hitting shots that you just shake the guys hand when he hit it. Spurs actually missed alot of shots that the normally hit/lower pressure shots.

It was the opposite. OKC had fast break points. Durant had simple mid range shots. Dunk for Perkins.

Ginobili hit 2 tough 3s, Neal with a crazy wild runner bank from the wing. Spurs were making much tougher shots, especially in the 1st half. Harden missed some wide open easy looks.

4th flipped big time, though. Spurs were moonwalking into layups.

I ask because they were up double digits even going into the half :|

OKC got a few more FT paint points which don't show up. Plus, OKC makes their money at the short mid-range, anyway.

i implied WHAT

ya heard me.

House > Both of them.

Joke post?

JOKE POST?

They already had a good advantage in the paint before the start of the 4th. The Spurs have been outscoring their rivals in the paint constantly during these playoffs.

I'm not arguing against that. But that doesn't matter because OKC doesn't live in the paint. As long as they get the short mid-range shots, at least. Also, they get fouled in the pain a lot, which doesn't become paint points.

Thats eunjung?

wouldn't have picked it ever.

House > Both of them.

House got terrible once the main team was gone. It peaked at the season where Foreman getting sick double part episode WASN'T EVEN THE FINALE. That's how good House was for a moment in time.

GeMiNii

Watching the fourth quarter, all I could think of was Brooks half time speech - "You guys are playing SO hard".

And at that point it was pretty much over. It was almost like Ali doing the rope a dope letting the more athletic Thunder go as hard as they could then kicking in that extra gear they've been sandbagging teams with since the all star break and making it no contest (despite the end score). The Thunder played an amazing game tonight, Durant was amazing and Westbrook most of the time did way more good than harm.

The NBA BIG Spurs commercial pretty much nails the Spurs this year in the end. Even when Splitter is doing everything he can to lose the game, even when the Spurs can't buy a three, even when TP gets completely neutralized, they throw down extra gear and out of nowhere someone is scoring in bunches. And if it's Manu? God help the rest of the league. I don't think the Spurs can lose the rest of the way unless Pop wants them to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom