• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElRenoRaven

Well Spurs win this one. Nothing like a good game though. Hopefully we can just break their win streak this series. If so I'll be happy with that.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Meh. OKC will win G2. People are writing a narrative for this game that is completely different than what actually happened.

Not shocking.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I hope this series goes 7. Terrific game.

Too bad the East still get to play :(

giri

Pop made a single adjustment. Benching a player who was 0/6 and a role player in place of SJax.

Spurs players did their jobs in the 4th. Pop didn't make an adjustment for Parker and Ginobili who won this game. Brooks having no one to protect the paint helped. And really, he shouldn't play small so long.

Athleticism on the bench in the 4th.

Pop makes adjustment :: He didn't make an adjustment!
Brooks hasn't adjusted :: He will make an adjustment!

It's Brooks. He's going to get out coached.

ElRenoRaven

Sudden? I love watching a good playoff game and let's face it; this was a nice one. Spurs execution is just sick at times and Thunder athleticism is amazing. Battle of teams who PnR heavily.

Well let's also not forget the Spurs are a great team. I used to be a big Spurs fan before we got the Thunder. I can honestly say if OKC can't win it all then there is no other team I'd want to win it all then the Spurs.

This is literally the floor for how poorly the Spurs can play. They haven't had a game this bad in over a month.

Spurs in 5 if the Thunder are lucky.

Levyne

Banned
Well let's also not forget the Spurs are a great team. I used to be a big Spurs fan before we got the Thunder. I can honestly say if OKC can't win it all then there is no other team I'd want to win it all then the Spurs.

I'm in the "anyone but the heat" camp. Though I don't feel that way nearly as strongly as I did last year.

Cloudy

Banned
What happened to Ibaka tonight? I know he only got 22 minutes but where were the 5/6 blocks? And that damm 12ft jumper he was always open for? Must be nice to have bigs that move their feet and compete all game

giri

Meh. OKC will win G2. People are writing a narrative for this game that is completely different than what actually happened.

Not shocking.

Uhhh, i think you're the one dreaming up another story line.

If SA go up 2 - 0, it's a matter of how many games until they win. Not if they win.

Seriously, SA have the wood on OKC (have won 8 of last 10 games) and have been in terrific form all post season, and were the best team in the regular season. and are on a 22 game win streak or something.

It's seriously awesome how much Sancha was trying to discredit the Spuds all game

"oh they're so lucky OKC is missing shots"

"shook by their athleticism"

lawl, wrong about everything this postseason

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst

Definitely. I think all Thunder fans feel this way. At least the sane ones.

I think OKC figured out a pretty good formula to beat the Spurs but they have to have the commitment to that formula, which is questionable.

Ibaka can't play just 21 minutes.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
It's seriously awesome how much Sancha was trying to discredit the Spuds all game

"oh they're so lucky OKC is missing shots"

"shook by their athleticism"

lawl, wrong about everything this postseason

his name is pony

and he belongs to me

Cloudy

Banned
I think OKC figured out a pretty good formula to beat the Spurs but they have to have the commitment to that formula, which is questionable.

This formula of taking away TP is gonna blow up in their face when the spurs shoot better on 3s. They missed a lot of open ones tonight

Ibaka can't play just 21 minutes.

Ibaka is terrible against post players and small lineups, he's not going to play much in this series because he shouldn't.

Uhhh, i think you're the one dreaming up another story line.

If SA go up 2 - 0, it's a matter of how many games until they win. Not if they win.

Seriously, SA have the wood on OKC (have won 8 of last 10 games) and have been in terrific form all post season, and were the best team in the regular season. and are on a 22 game win streak or something.

SA had to get extremely hot to win this one, at home. All these stats you are quoting mean nothing, OKC was in this(or better) the whole way. OKC had a great formula early and got away from it. We'll see how G2 goes.

SA had to get extremely hot to win this one, at home. All these stats you are quoting mean nothing, OKC was in this(or better) the whole way. OKC had a great formula early and got away from it. We'll see how G2 goes.
house_stare.gif

Danny Green and Kawhi Leonard couldn't hit anything while Derek Fisher was on fire, do you really think that's San Antonio getting super hot?

u mad? worried? okc will lose by more points in game 2 now that spurs found out how okc plays.

So happy with this win. It was HUGE imo. This is after all the first real playoff game the Spurs have had and they were able to adjust and impose their game towards the end. After watching this, I really believe.

Also, Jax really shook Durant during the 4th, didn't he? He is something else for this kind of situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom