• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabyskra

Banned
481348_452785224750007_367810133247517_1567079_311759589_n.jpg

Ehhh...people always say this. But shitty supporting cast doesn't give you back to back 60 wins seasons.

Some combination of OLD Shaq, OLD Jamison, Varejo, West, Mo Williams, OLD A Parker, Hickson, Boozer, Big Z, Sasha Pavlovic, Larry Hughes, Gooden etc.

Shitty cast is shitty

Mxrz

Skills? He has the one of the most Athletic body any one that has ever played has had, NOT skills. C'mon! His game looks terrible, but it works due to his size. I'll give you passing. He is nowhere near kobe level.

So, like, what was Kobe ever better at?

Hahaha. Ball handling? Wade is better. Jumper? Wade is better. Defense? Good but not the best out there. Rebounding? Athleticism, Finishing at the rim? Athleticisim. LOL For his position and size, all i'll give you is passing. That's it.

Wait, nevermind. This seems familiar.

I'd say Heat by double digits tonight, but you never know when they're going to play shitty, and nothing makes any sense any more in a world where Rondo can hit clutch 3s.

My question is if a good athletic body helps you be a better rebounder.....Yes or No? Lebron is blessed with big hands, Larger body frame and is really quick. Those attributes combined with his above average skills make him a very good basketball player. But give him the skill set of a person like kobe? He'd be unstoppable.

Kevin Love doesn't have an athletic body and he dominates the glass. He does have a big body to position himself to grab boards. Having the physicality and being adept in using your body to position yourself to grab rebounds is what I think makes you a good rebounder; being athletic is supplementary.

Some combination of OLD Shaq, OLD Jamison, Varejo, West, Mo Williams, OLD A Parker, Hickson, Boozer, Big Z, Sasha Pavlovic, Larry Hughes, Gooden etc.

Shitty cast is shitty
Yep. Well heres how it goes, either the team was crappy and LeBron wentfrom great in the regular season to shitty in the playoffs since they lost OR the team wasnt terrible in the regular season and wasnt great in the playoffs.

Emwitus

Like i said before, having an athletic body helps you be a better rebounder. Yes, it does involve some skill. As has been demonstrated by players like rondo or kidd but having a good frame HELPS YOU be a better rebounder. Which was my argument all along. Not that lebron has no skill, but he has been blessed with a great body that has elevated all of his game. He works hard to maintain so you gotta give credit where it's due.

Vahagn

All the revisionist history about the Cavs is kinda crazy. The next year's team wasn't even close to the same team, they were playing D-League players who weren't on the Lebron team.

I'm not saying it was a great team, it wasn't, but they were a damn good team that did well in the games that Lebron rested or was injured while he was there. They had size at every position and could play fast as well with a different lineup. Plus they played in the damn LEASTERN Conference.

DMczaf

Ben Golliver ‏@blazersedge
AmericanAirlines Arena jumbotron just explained the D WADE MOM t-shirt concept. If you're wondering, you put the shirt on and you are Dwyane Wade's mom.

Emwitus

So, like, what was Kobe ever better at?

Wait, nevermind. This seems familiar.

I'd say Heat by double digits tonight, but you never know when they're going to play shitty, and nothing makes any sense any more in a world where Rondo can hit clutch 3s.

Footwork, jumper and ball handling. He is also has a much larger variety inside the paint and finish at the rim.....which he obviously can't do any more

All the revisionist history about the Cavs is kinda crazy. The next year's team wasn't even close to the same team, they were playing D-League players who weren't on the Lebron team.

I'm not saying it was a great team, it wasn't, but they were a damn good team that did well in the games that Lebron rested or was injured while he was there. They had size at every position and could play fast as well with a different lineup. Plus they played in the damn LEASTERN Conference.

These are the best players he has played with. No combination of this crap makes a damn good team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom