• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is why I said:

and you said this:
People were adamant that Kobe couldn't make it work this year with Pau, Bynum and Ron. Lebron never had a supporting cast anywhere near that good.

Your saying Lebron's supporting cast 2 years ago is worst than Kobe's today which is true, but is a pointless comparison, considering Lebron was playing with a better cast last year and still lost.

This GOAT talk is kind of pointless. Its Jordan, it will be Jordan for a long long time until someone incredible comes along. Honestly if there has to be a discussion about it, that person is not better than Jordan.

Let James have his own career. What he does is incredible, more skills than almost anyone that has ever played. He will win one eventually, hopefully this year and probably more than one. Whether he hits the final shot or not I don't care, teams are still needed to win championships. Just play well and we should have a great chance to win this year.

Now lets get game 1 and end this series in at least 5.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Ben Golliver ‏@blazersedge
AmericanAirlines Arena jumbotron just explained the H-E-A-T t-shirts concept. If you're wondering, you put the shirts on and spell HEAT.

Heat culture.

Emwitus

This GOAT talk is kind of pointless. Its Jordan, it will be Jordan for a long long time until someone incredible comes along. Honestly if there has to be a discussion about it, that person is not better than Jordan.

Let James have his own career. What he does is incredible, more skills than almost anyone that has ever played. He will win one eventually, hopefully this year and probably more than one. Whether he hits the final shot or not I don't care, teams are still needed to win championships. Just play well and we should have a great chance to win this year.

Hahahaha...........NO!

Shurs

and you said this:

Your saying Lebron's supporting cast 2 years ago is worst than Kobe's today, which is a pointless comparison, considering Lebron was playing with a better cast last year and still lost.

First of all, I was was saying that his supporting cast throughout his time in Cleveland was worse than the Lakers cast today. Much worse.

Secondly, I'm not absolving him of his play in the Finals last season. He choked.

I do think it's a bit harsh to criticize Lebron for not having multiple championships at this point in his career when last season was the first one where he had a team capable of winning a championship around him.

The again, maybe he is Oscar Robertson 2.0.

Tom Penny

Your overrating Jordan and underestimating Lebron's greatness.

giri

Fair approach, and the right one.

Skills? He has the one of the most athletic bodies than almost any one that has ever played. NOT skills. C'mon! His game looks terrible, but it works due to his size. I'll give you passing.

Passing, ball-handling, defense, rebounding, a decent jumper, insane finishing at the rim with both hands, etc.

Pretty much the only thing he doesn't have is a back to the basket game and he works on that.

LBJ can give you decent minutes at any position 1-4. There are probably less than 10 guys in the whole game who could say that.

Emwitus

Passing, ball-handling, defense, rebounding, a decent jumper, insane finishing at the rim with both hands, etc.

Pretty much the only thing he doesn't have is a back to the basket game and he works on that.

LBJ can give you decent minutes at any position 1-4. There are probably less than 10 guys in the whole game who could say that.

Hahaha. Ball handling? Wade is better. Jumper? Wade is better. Defense? Good but not the best out there. Rebounding? Athleticism, Finishing at the rim? Athleticisim. LOL For his position and size, all i'll give you is passing. That's it.

And on the positions he plays, AGAIN, only because of his athleticism. Not saying he is not a great player, but he is far from the most skillful player that has ever played.

giri

Hahaha. Ball handling? Wade is better. Jumper? Wade is better. Defense? Good but not the best out there. Rebounding? Athletism, Finishing at the rim? Athletism. LOL For his position and size, all i'll give you is passing. That's it.

Factually incorrect.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I hope Lebron and Wade don't have to constantly score 65+ together to win this series quickly. They're gonna need to average that in the finals to beat OKC or the spurs. I don't think if they exhaust themselves against the Celtics that they can do it again.

Pending the raptor.

Hahaha. Ball handling? Wade is better. Jumper? Wade is better. Defense? Good but not the best out there. Rebounding? Athletism, Finishing at the rim? Athletism. LOL For his position and size, all i'll give you is passing. That's it.

oh fuck this entire post. are you crazy?

Of course there are players who do things better but nobody can do them all.

Your comment about wade having a better jumper already discredits your opinion severely, but go tell Kidd, Rondo, or Amare that rebounding is about athleticism.

Emwitus

oh fuck this entire post. are you crazy?
What do you mean crazy? Lebron is the best player in the NBA right now but his athleticism plays a big part of why he is great not having the best skills, guy can't even post up to save his life. My response is to some saying lebron might be the most skilled player ever.

Emwitus

Of course there are players who do things better but nobody can do them all.

Your comment about wade having a better jumper already discredits your opinion severely, but go tell Kidd, Rondo, or Amare that rebounding is about athleticism.

So let me get this straight, you mean to tell me having a big body does not help a rebounder?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Don't you guys prefer the good old days when it was just me trolling the Lakers and reilo trying to pretend that his team wasn't cursed?

So let me get this straight, you mean to tell me having a big body does not help a rebounder?

What say you Amare?

amare1.jpg

Emwitus

What say you Amare?

amare1.jpg

My question is if a good athletic body helps you be a better rebounder.....Yes or No? Lebron is blessed with big hands, Larger body frame and is really quick. Those attributes combined with his above average skills make him a very good basketball player. But give him the skill set of a person like kobe? He'd be unstoppable.

Vyer

Hahaha. Ball handling? Wade is better. Jumper? Wade is better. Defense? Good but not the best out there. Rebounding? Athleticism, Finishing at the rim? Athleticisim. LOL For his position and size, all i'll give you is passing. That's it.

And on the positions he plays, AGAIN, only because of his athleticism. Not saying he is not a great player, but he is far from the most skillful player that has ever played.

Who are these players who were skilled while being horrible athletes?

Yeah, Jordan basically broke the game. He won every single individual award. Won three straight championships. He had done everything imaginable that he got bored with the game of basketball (while in his prime) and quit to play baseball. He then came back and won THREE more championships in a row in his 30s. Basically when Jordan was on the court, no other team was going to win a championship in the 90s.

No current superstar comes close to that dominance. Not Lebron, not Wade, not Duncan, and not Kobe.

For their ever to be another legit GOAT, they would have a dominate almost a full decade with winning championships in addition to the individual awards. They have to break the game. They would have to become the new unquestioned standard which all future great players are measured by.

Vahagn

Giri, I agree with you. Although I think Lebron needs at least 5 to be in the conversation with Jordan. Jordan got 6 and 6 Finals MVP's...he's not passing up Jordan because he rebounds better...my opinion anyway.

Also, The Dirk comparison isn't totally apt because Dirk winning one championship in the manner he did is somewhat over-achieving for him. The guy came into the league is nothing more than a jump shooter, Lebron came into the league as the Savior of basketball.

But overall I agree, once Lebron gets one, some of the backlash will fall off and he'll realize that he really needs 5-6 and he's late to the party.

Yeah, Jordan basically broke the game. He won every single individual award. Won three straight championships. He had done everything imaginable that he got bored with the game of basketball (while in his prime) and quit to play baseball. He then came back and won THREE more championships in a row in his 30s. Basically when Jordan was on the court, no other team was going to win a championship in the 90s.

No current superstar comes close to that dominance. Not Lebron, not Wade, not Duncan, and not Kobe.

For their ever to be another legit GOAT, they would have a dominate almost a full decade with winning championships in addition to the individual awards. They have to break the game. They would have to become the new unquestioned standard which all future great players are measured by.

As much as it hurts - that's absolutely true.

aznpxdd

First of all, I was was saying that his supporting cast throughout his time in Cleveland was worse than the Lakers cast today. Much worse.

Ehhh...people always say this. But shitty supporting cast doesn't give you back to back 60 wins seasons.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Ehhh...people always say this. But shitty supporting cast doesn't give you back to back 60 wins seasons.

Yeah. No one man show locks up homecourt twice in a row.
Athletic body man. Let's see him rebound that well as he get's older.
Err.... not really. Guys like that stay great rebounders throughout their career. He doesn't even jump half the time. He's all about positioning. Skill. Rebounding is a skill. And lark was actually dead on when he threw out the Amar'e pic.

Plenty of guys are Kevin Love big. They don't grab 30 boards in one night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom