• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

h3ro

KuGsj.gif
YNB
YNAirball.
Y NOT WESTBROOK!?!?
WHY NOT????
YNot airball!
YNOTAIRBALL?
ynb closing the air gap
HAHAHAH YNOT
BESTBROOK
WHY THE FUCK NOT
TRMPz.jpg

hoos30

To someone who has no tactical knowledge of basketball can someone please explain to me what the Thunder are doing? And why to this Splitter fella?

I should probably just run off back to football-gaf :(
Goal is to extend the time of the game, leaving the offending team with a greater chance to make up a deficit. Only works if the fouled player is a terrible free throw shooter.

Is the run straight at the defender and try to push the ball over/through their arms and hope for a charge/blocking foul the only move Harden has?

(I like his beard, I rock a crazy beard every now and then too)

Shagwell

Goal is to extend the time of the game, leaving the offending team with a greater chance to make up a deficit. Only works if the fouled player is a terrible free throw shooter.

Cheers to you and the rest for the helpful responses! The only other thing left in this game that I don't understand is why Westbrook is referred to as YNB :p.

diehard

Fleer

eh if it was the end of the game that would be true but this is just about scoring efficiency

Here, shagwell:

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-111229/daily-dime

This game was almost a perfect snapshot of the Thunder, though. If you ever want to try and explain this team and how it functions with Westbrook and Durant, here's your go-to tape. Durant and James Harden kept OKC's head above water as Westbrook struggled again for the first 44 minutes or so. But those last four minutes were so very Russell Westbrook. He lives by the two words "Why Not?" with a bracelet always on his wrist that says that. And that's how he plays.

You'd think the Thunder don't know how to play defense. Except they're one of the better defensive teams.

#9 in opponent points per game
#4 in opponent field goals per game
#2 in steals
#1 in defensive turnovers.

etc.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics

The Spurs have already scored what OKC's defense averaged this year in full games. Amazing.

Ehh, they're pretty mediocre defensively because neither Ibaka or Perkins can rebound.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
eh if it was the end of the game that would be true but this is just about scoring efficiency

Well, when the Spurs are scoring 2 points every single time, fouling a guy that will likely miss at least one, is essentially a turnover for the Spurs. It also messes up the Spurs offensive flow.

Ehh, they're pretty mediocre defensively because neither Ibaka or Perkins can rebound.

?

I mean...they're in the top 1/3 of the NBA in every defensive category, and in the top 5 in almost half.

No matter how mediocre you feel they are defensively, they've played solid defnse on teams this post-season...and really, who's hanging 92 points on OKC in 3 quarters? Very damn few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom