• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerD

oh yeah, you went to the game. must've been epic seeing Durant the way he was in the 4th.

It was getting so tense after the Spurs cut it down to 4 midway through the 4th and then watching KD take the game over making shot after shot after shot to answer the Spurs' scoring and then extend the lead was amazing. The crowd pop after the Harden to KD oop layup was deafening.

See any black people at the arena who weren't on the Thunder/Spurs Roster?

But seriously that had to be a great game to see in person. The atmosphere was even oozing through my TV set.

There were 3 in my row!

Thunder are playing the kind of smart basketball that they absolutely had to play to have a chance in the series. They replicated one of their best assist performances of the season when they killed SA on the end of the b2b2b last night.

^whoa Jermaine O Neal :eek: that is weird.

Haha Rondo doing those after every tip off is funny.

Idk about tonight, Heat can blow them out or lol wade can continue.

Just fucking guard Chalmers and the outside, mike miller hitting shots :/

TylerD

Thunder fans: If you could only keep WB or Harden, who would you go with?

Westbrook for me and it isn't even close as much as I love the beard.

- One of the best scorers in the league that can create his own shot pretty much any time he wants. Harden has to rely more on others and sets to free him up.
- Freakish athlete with a size and speed advantage against many point guards.
- Seemingly unlimited confidence in his ability but has learned to defer to KD in winning time. Harden seems to get down on himself a bit and will pass up good looks that Russ wouldn't.
- One of fastest players in NBA history to get to 5000 pts, 2000 assists, 1000 rebounds
- improved every season and has a work ethic that is overlooked by a lot of people that don't follow the Thunder very close.
- He plays primarily against the first team of NBA teams where Harden gets most of his minutes and production against the 2nd team.
- 2nd option that can single handed take over a game or keep it close when KD is not scoring.

But why is he so selfish?

He is selfish enough to help make Durant the scoring leader for the past 3 yrs.

But he isn't a true point guard!

On this team with KD, he doesn't need to be. He has been playing PG for 4 years now and I would say that he has been pretty successful.

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of things that Westbrook does that really pisses me off but I will put up with everything Worstbrook does to get what Bestbrook brings to the Thunder and I have confidence that he will continue to improve and evolve his game as he matures.

As much flak as Westbrook gets on BestGAF, I'm sure most of us still think he's pretty damn good. His basketball IQ is not so great at times but his skill is there and can make the difference in a game.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
As much flak as Westbrook gets on BestGAF, I'm sure most of us still think he's pretty damn good. His basketball IQ is not so great at times but his skill is there and can make the difference in a game.

He is good.

He's just the dumbest point guard I've seen in a decade.

pilonv1

Just needs a proper coach to reel him in. Or a bad coach who will let him play SG.

wrestlg-WWE-in-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-947.gif

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
See, I'm ready to believe that - but Flynn hasn't yet had the opportunity to routinely ignore one of the league's best scorers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom