• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its aaaaalll right. First couple of seasons (season 1 especially) are really rough, though not bad enough that I would recommend skipping altogether. And since each episode is largely standalone there is no sense of progression (it should still be seen in order though because it gets more linear as the show progresses). Some of the ridiculousness of its world are hard to swallow, and don't mesh with its otherwise realistic scenarios.

But it has some incredible episodes. Literally the best science fiction you will ever see. Asks some very interesting questions. Those episodes, and they come in much greater frequency as the show wears on, make the series a must-watch.

Besides, its so seminal and influential its hard to ignore forever if youre a sci fi fan.
STNG was one of my favorites back in the day. I always wanted to get into Deep Space Nine, but I didn't really understand the show back then and the morphing guy creeped me out. Although I hear it's more political than NG which I would appreciate today.

I recommend Picket Fences if you haven't seen it yet. One of the best unknown shows in the 90s.

Dwight and Anderson for Wade and Bosh? That's a fair trade. Dwight is younger than Lebron and almost as indestructible...and it would create the best Big Man / Wing combination since Shaq/Frobe

So I could see Riley shaking things up if the Heat lose this year.

He couldn't even play in this playoff and is just coming off a back surgery. Who knows what Dwight is gonna be next year.

Vahagn

He couldn't even play in this playoff and is just coming off a back surgery. Who knows what Dwight is gonna be next year.

First injury all career, and he's still going to be a monster. Elite athletic beasts who have surgery don't stop being elite athletic beasts. Kobe's had like 4 knee surgeries? Amar'e had knee surgery in the middle of the last decade, Blake had Knee surgery in his rookie season.

Dwight's not slowing down dude, he'll be just fine

Dwight and Anderson for Bynum, MWP and Blake.

Anderson comes off the bench as our 6th man? Who's the SF on the team?

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
What the hell.. my Wire senses went off. Then my BoB senses went off. Then my Shield senses went off... what is going on in here?

I'm a fan of both, but no way is BB better than The Wire. Wire second only to BoB. Granted, I haven't seen The Shield, yet.
You should get on it. The show is amazing. Just amazing...

Season 5 and 7 of that show need to be preserved in a vault for future generations. God-Tier television.

Diet-RZA of course.

First injury all career, and he's still going to be a monster. Elite athletic beasts who have surgery don't stop being elite athletic beasts. Kobe's had like 4 knee surgeries? Amar'e had knee surgery in the middle of the last decade, Blake had Knee surgery in his rookie season.

ebanks and barnes. i'll live with that.

I'm a fan of both, but no way is BB better than The Wire. Wire second only to BoB. Granted, I haven't seen The Shield, yet.

breaking bad obliterates every television show, past/present/future. that's just how it is!

i do like the wire and the shield, although i still have a couple seasons to go on the shield

Back trouble almost always lead to other things though. IDK he seems like a huge gamble. Plus wade and bosh would be like two Max salaries the Magic would have to absorb. I doubt they want it.

PG-Pau
SG-Kobe
SF-RyNo
PF-Sessions
C-Dwight

Vahagn

Back trouble almost always lead to other things though. IDK he seems like a huge gamble. Plus wade and bosh would be like two Max salaries the Magic would have to absorb. I doubt they want it.

If I was the Magic I would do it in a heartbeat. Dwight's gone no matter which way you slice it. And Getting two All Star's in return for him means you can continue to be competitive and build a team around Wade/Bosh

the Magic would be STUPID to turn that down considering how little leverage they have in keeping Dwight.

Dwight and Anderson for Bynum, MWP and Blake.

There's no way in hell a trade like that would go down. Orlando is looking to shed salary. Why would they take Artest's shitty contract, again? They're also not going to part with Anderson. Anderson is a great community guy, he just won most improved player, he has a decent contract, and he actually wants to be in Orlando. If Dwight goes to LA a third team is going to have to be involved.

Bynum is going to want a max deal so Orlando will insist that LA take Hedo's contract on.

There's no way in hell a trade like that would go down. Orlando is looking to shed salary. Why would they take Artest's shitty contract, again? They're also not going to part with Anderson. Anderson is a great community guy, he just won most improved player, he has a decent contract, and he actually wants to be in Orlando. If Dwight goes to LA a third team is going to have to be involved.

Because MWP adds toughness and Blake just came off a clutch playoffs.

What the hell.. my Wire senses went off. Then my BoB senses went off. Then my Shield senses went off... what is going on in here?

You should get on it. The show is amazing. Just amazing...

Season 5 and 7 of that show need to be preserved in a vault for future generations. God-Tier television.

I will eventually. I just caught up with mad men over the past couple months (i like a slow burn) so I dunno when I'll get to it, but I will eventually. Wish it was on Netflix Streaming.

breaking bad obliterates every television show, past/present/future. that's just how it is!

i do like the wire and the shield, although i still have a couple seasons to go on the shield

BB is fun, but the quality is not at the Wire. Also, Sopranos was better, too, overall.

Duki

Banned
Its aaaaalll right. First couple of seasons (season 1 especially) are really rough, though not bad enough that I would recommend skipping altogether. And since each episode is largely standalone there is no sense of progression (it should still be seen in order though because it gets more linear as the show progresses). Some of the ridiculousness of its world are hard to swallow, and don't mesh with its otherwise realistic scenarios...

But it has some incredible episodes. Literally the best science fiction you will ever see. Asks some very interesting questions. Those episodes, and they come in much greater frequency as the show wears on, make the series a must-watch.

Besides, its so seminal and influential its hard to ignore forever if youre a sci fi fan.

nom nom

sounds good to me

although that whole first season sucking thing gets to me... it did with babylon 5 too which i was told was gud apart from the first season, and i just cbf sitting through hours and hours of tv waiting for it to get good :(

The more I think about it, the more Gasol and Artest seem like they're impossible to trade. I don't think their value has ever been lower. It's going to be hard to trade Bynum too because he's going to want a max deal.

fun fact:
i've never seen a single episode of any of those shows.
sounds like a waste of time.
come at me.

Then you have missed great TV. Period.

Especially the Shield. Hell, in the first season, Mackey wins a bet on a Lakers game because he ties up one of the Sonics players on a bogus possession charge.

So nothing to come at, go check it out.

fixed that for you good sir

Have not seen Boardwalk Empire. Meaning to, just haven't got around to it.

nom nom

sounds good to me

although that whole first season sucking thing gets to me... it did with babylon 5 too which i was told was gud apart from the first season, and i just cbf sitting through hours and hours of tv waiting for it to get good :(

lol its way better than Babylon 5's first season. Rest assured.

It not that bad. Just bad for TNG standards. And once you see what TNG standards are, oh my. Oh me oh my.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The Shield is the shit. Seasons 4 was ehhhh but the final two seasons more than make up for it.

Vahagn

The more I think about it, the more Gasol and Artest seem like they're impossible to trade. I don't think their value has ever been lower. It's going to be hard to trade Bynum too because he's going to want a max deal.

Artest isn't making as much as you think. He was a mid level exception player and he's only got 2 years left.

Gasol's value is low this year, but if we trade Bynum and his expiring contract, Gasol will go back to being number 2 in the offense, raise his stock, and then be an expiring next year with upped value.

Replacing Bynum with Pau at the Center position, having Jordan Hill as our first big off the bench, and then trading Bynum to get really good PF and athletic wings would be good for us I think

lol its way better than Babylon 5's first season. Rest assured.

It not that bad. Just bad for TNG standards. And once you see what TNG standards are, oh my. Oh me oh my.

DS9 is the best Star Trek show.

The Shield is the shit. Seasons 4 was ehhhh but the final two seasons more than make up for it.

Agreed. The last two seasons are basically some of the best writing that TV will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom