• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst part is lark is making it look like I'm trying to demean or belittle what those men did.

Even with the record of bombers killed it's much less than the average which is made even more amazing considering they were often out gunned.

Im not man. You're challenging accuracy, nothing wrong with that. Red Blaster is the only disrespectful POS I'm pissed at.

Duki

Banned
So I'm way into Justified right now, guys. It's so damn good. Burned through the first season in like a week, now I'm waiting for season 2 to show up.

waiting for season 3 to come out on dvd, such a good fucking show man

season 2 is incredible imo

just fulfills all the potential of the idea behind the show

which is a man shooting dudes and i am fine with that

Duki

Banned
comparing a tv show to a miniseries is a bit silly tho

bob is more like a long ass movie than something like the wire

besides battlestar galactica is obv the best tv show ever lets be srs guys

What's BoB?

bob_hiphop_03.jpg

SUPREME1

Banned
Band of Brothers is better than the Wire

but i love ww2 stuff

Watched BoB over about a two week period during my lunch hour at work with a couple of guys.

Guy kept saying how good it was, that we all gave in a decided to watch it instead of our regular show (First 48).

He was right. It was really good.

Vahagn

Oh ok, yea I'm not too into war shows/movies. I still need to watch the Wire, but I low-key avoid shows like that on purpose...

I don't want to get sucked in to watching a 100 hours of some TV show.

That's why I prefer non-chronologically necessitated comedy shows. You can randomly watch a favorite episode and only spend 30 min and still enjoy it.

Speaking of which, who here watches Archer?

Someone ought to have mentioned Breaking Bad by now. Its awesome.

comparing a tv show to a miniseries is a bit silly tho

bob is more like a long ass movie than something like the wire

besides battlestar galactica is obv the best tv show ever lets be srs guys

I got through season 1 of Galactica and I really, really liked it, but I haven't gone back to it since. Really need to, its a great show.

But I need to finish Star Trek: TNG first (middle of season 4).

Vahagn

The fuck is Archer even about anyways? I've heard about it a lot lately but I don't even know the premise.

Comedy about a Private Spy / Secret Agent company and it's head Secret Agent. A lot of really over the top stuff, but the comedy writing is pretty brilliant imo

btw - If someone is interested in a mini-series type show that's brilliant and not too long....Sherlock Seasons 1 and 2 (6 total 90 minute episodes) is Brilliant

Duki

Banned
Someone ought to have mentioned Breaking Bad by now. Its awesome.

I got through season 1 of Galactica and I really, really liked it, but I haven't gone back to it since. Really need to, its a great show.

But I need to finish Star Trek: TNG first (middle of season 4).

is tng good

i used to fall asleep to it as a kid it was a great lullaby

but it means i never actually paid any attention to it

Vahagn

I Really Really hope that if Miami loses this year, Pat Riley panics and offers Wade/Bosh for Dwight

Oh man, that would be glorious for a Laker fan

No, no.

The Shield = The Wire > 24 > Sons of Anarchy > Others

Game of Thrones will probably be up there when its all said and done. Also, Luther and Sherlock.
Dowton Abbey is really good too.

Good man!

I had really high hopes for The Pacific.

Aside from Shelton, :/

The Pacific was good but the standard set by Band of Brothers just couldn't be matched. Honestly, might be the best thing I've ever seen on TV/film as a whole.

Bastogne was my favorite of the series, but it was all pretty much flawless.

is tng good

i used to fall asleep to it as a kid it was a great lullaby

but it means i never actually paid any attention to it

Its aaaaalll right. First couple of seasons (season 1 especially) are really rough, though not bad enough that I would recommend skipping altogether. And since each episode is largely standalone there is no sense of progression (it should still be seen in order though because it gets more linear as the show progresses). Some of the ridiculousness of its world are hard to swallow, and don't mesh with its otherwise realistic scenarios...

But it has some incredible episodes. Literally the best science fiction you will ever see. Asks some very interesting questions. Those episodes, and they come in much greater frequency as the show wears on, make the series a must-watch.

Besides, its so seminal and influential its hard to ignore forever if youre a sci fi fan.

Vahagn

ummmmm why?

I've been saying that a Wade/Bosh/Dwight lineup is more dangerous than a Bron/Dwight lineup and I still believe that. Even if the Magic throw in Ryan Anderson for a Wade/Bosh package...I'd still be happy with that.

Winning championships means winning anywhere between 5-8 close playoff games every postseason, and Dwight isn't a good option in late game situations, and with Wade and Bosh gone...the pressure will be squarely on Lebron. I have a feeling he fails more often than he succeeds.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I heard we were talking about the shield and band of brothers in this thread. Im back in.

No, no.

The Shield = The Wire > 24 > Sons of Anarchy > Others

Game of Thrones will probably be up there when its all said and done. Also, Luther and Sherlock.
Dowton Abbey is really good too.

fun fact:
i've never seen a single episode of any of those shows.
sounds like a waste of time.
come at me.

I've been saying that a Wade/Bosh/Dwight lineup is more dangerous than a Bron/Dwight lineup and I still believe that. Even if the Magic throw in Ryan Anderson for a Wade/Bosh package...I'd still be happy with that.

Winning championships means winning anywhere between 5-8 close playoff games every postseason, and Dwight isn't a good option in late game situations, and with Wade and Bosh gone...the pressure will be squarely on Lebron. I have a feeling he fails more often than he succeeds.

Who the fuck would offer Dwade and Bosh for a broken Dwight?

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
THEY WANTED BLOOD. THEY'RE GETTING IT.

YOU DON'T TUG ON SUPERMAN'S CAPE.

IT ENDS TONIGHT! LET'S GO!

ONE TWO THREE LET'S GO!!!!

Vahagn

Who the fuck would offer Dwade and Bosh for a broken Dwight?

Dwight and Anderson for Wade and Bosh? That's a fair trade. Dwight is younger than Lebron and almost as indestructible...and it would create the best Big Man / Wing combination since Shaq/Frobe

So I could see Riley shaking things up if the Heat lose this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom