• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Kenny doing a good job explaining how both teams are getting their points.

The Thunder are relying on mid-range jumpshots by YNB, ISOs by KD, and stupid uncharacteristic turnovers by the Spurs to keep this game close. I don't expect either to last.

TRios Zen

neither team has played their best game. both teams are making mistakes and missing shots. all other things being equal, thunder are up 1
Can't agree, Parker not scoring and spurs making a ton of turnovers. Westbrook and Durant scoring and about average turnovers. All things are not equal.

yeah but OKC is always a high turnover team and the spurs are one of the best in the league

the defense, mainly the length of OKC, is a factor, but the its undeniable that the spurs are playing with rust

OKC also gets to the FT line a lot and they haven't yet. the spurs defense is a factor but eventually the thunder will get there

yeah but OKC is always a high turnover team and the spurs are one of the best in the league

the defense, mainly the length of OKC, is a factor, but the its undeniable that the spurs are playing with rust

Rust or not, SA looks to be very overrated. Or perhaps OKC is just underrated.

Can't agree, Parker not scoring and spurs making a ton of turnovers. Westbrook and Durant scoring and about average turnovers. All things are not equal.

harden not scoring on shots he normally does as well and the thunder aren't getting calls they normally get. we can play this what-if game or we can just say the thunder are winning

The Thunder are relying on mid-range jumpshots by YNB, ISOs by KD, and stupid uncharacteristic turnovers by the Spurs to keep this game close. I don't expect either to last.

Spurs have relied on making 15-25 foot shots of one foot jumping not towards the basket.

I mean, it goes both ways. OKC's length and athleticism has really hurt the Spurs passing and shooting angles, so far. I thought WB got the same shots he beat LAL with. Durant got some great shots the last 6 min of the 2nd. If he gets that all game, lights out.

Spurs are one of the best in the league at not fouling.

So were Lakers.

TRios Zen

harden not scoring on shots he normally does as well and the thunder aren't getting calls they normally get. we can play this what-if game or we can just say the thunder are winning
I never suggested they weren't. But I don't expect turnovers to continue, so I really like where Spurs are at.

Hey I respect the thunder. But this game I feel good being down by one considering how spurs have played.

giri

Thats essentially how the Thunder have played all year, and they make it work. It's on the Spurs to be more responsible with the ball. If they stop the flood of Turn overs, they'll win it comfortably.

If they don't.... it comes down to the wire.

I never suggested they weren't. But I don't expect turnovers to continue, so I really like where Spurs are at.

Hey I respect the thunder. But this game I feel good being down by one considering how spurs have played.

i'm sure the thunder feel good about being up by 1 considering all the shots they missed and ginobli going on that mini-run at the end of the 1st quarter

giri

At8gnnBCEAEbCBu.jpg

It's a good sign he's in that brace already, tbh.

Dear lord, Spurs are not the unstoppable Juggernaut most of nba-gaf wants them to be. How will the world manage.
I don't mind OKC winning, but this Spurs squad is undoubtedly the best team the NBA has seen since the '08 Celtics. And that's coming from a considerably invested Lakers fan.

I've been telling Lakers fans about the Lakers for years. That team is dumb and lazy. They don't give enough of a fuck to foul someone unless it lays someone out.

point is, over time, somewhere in the middle will happen. Spurs will give up more FTs than they are used to doing and OKC will get less (like vs Lakers).

The key will come from the other areas.. Spurs have to figure out how to attack without the TOs.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
you guys are playing so hard

you don't even know

so hard guys

you don't even know

guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom