• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.

diehard

Fleer
East Coast weather sucks compared to West Coast weather though. On a hot day, you practically choke on the humidity out in Florida. I hated it. Out in California, the humidity isn't nearly as bad and unless you're inland, it's pretty much always pleasant aside from feeling slightly dirty all the time from the polluted air.

honestly i hate either, anything over 90 is awful

It's 70 in SLC right now, so good.

I know the type of people who would say these things..

Mormons.jpg

Jamison with a -20 in 17 minutes in his first Laker action.

If Tristan Thompson can be Taj Gibson-good this year, the Cavs may make the playoffs with the massive addition by subtraction they have going on.

Actually his PER was pretty amazing given his shooting percentage last year.

So wouldn't be surprised if the Cavs were actually worse without him.

East Coast weather sucks compared to West Coast weather though. On a hot day, you practically choke on the humidity out in Florida. I hated it. Out in California, the humidity isn't nearly as bad and unless you're inland, it's pretty much always pleasant aside from feeling slightly dirty all the time from the polluted air.

Eh, there's nothing like cool fall weather in Virginia/DC this time of the year and it allows you to diversify in terms of fashion/activities. About to rock my pea coat and take a girl out for hot chocolate :)

Jeff-DSA

those that have never had grits?

Grits are pretty bad. You have to add equal amounts of butter and/or sugar to make them decent. My sister-in-law loves them though and I always make the mistake of "trying them one more time."

Not anymore.

I like living where we have 4 distinct seasons though. I don't really like the long run of weather in the 90s we get, but it's not too bad since half the year is spring/fall and that's pure aces. Winter is fun, especially when you have a kid, despite the cold.

My wife is from Santa Barbara. I enjoy visiting for the weather, but I'd tire of the fact that the seasons don't change much at all.

Eh, there's nothing like cool fall weather in Virginia/DC this time of the year and it allows you to diversify in terms of fashion/activities. About to rock my pea coat and take a girl out for hot chocolate :)

Yeah, you're not too bad where you're at, but it's still all a bit too humid for me. I guess I'm just a bit of a wuss when it comes to dealing with humidity either in the heat or the cold. Living in Chile, I could never fully get used to the constant humid air, and that was nothing compared to the summer I spent in South Carolina.

Pretty much.
Fall in Utah? Fuck that noise.

75 and sunny 90% of the time is the way to go.

Grits are pretty bad. You have to add equal amounts of butter and/or sugar to make them decent. My sister-in-law loves them though and I always make the mistake of "trying them one more time."

Not anymore.

I'm shocked.
Grits are a delicacy if prepared right. Garlic butter, cheese, cayenne pepper, and if you want, bacon.

You might like them if you had them smoothed (no actual grit).

Jeff-DSA

I'm shocked.
Grits are a delicacy if prepared right. Garlic butter, cheese, cayenne pepper, and if you want, bacon.

You might like them if you had them smoothed (no actual grit).

If I have to add like three food groups to a food to make it good, forget it.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Triston Thompson put on 10 pounds of muscle, and leveled up his mid-range jumper.

Unleashed, imo.
Nah. That last verse was rethink your life material.

Yeah he lost the first two 10-8, 10-9, but won in the third by KO.

SUPREME1

Banned
don't you get bored of the same weather?

honest question'

I really like San Diego but i would get bored of that weather after a year or so.

I enjoy the occasional rainy day, sure, as well as cool evening breezes in the fall... but I never get bored with the weather here.

K.Jack

and deposited it into Waiters' waist line.

But they were all happy about his shape and shit, weren't they?

And does anyone have a link to the Cavs game? FRS only has the audio available, which I am listening to right now.

CJ Miles just hit a jumper. Already more production than we saw from the SF all last season.

Actually his PER was pretty amazing given his shooting percentage last year.

So wouldn't be surprised if the Cavs were actually worse without him.

That's just because he wouldn't stop chucking. As long as you shoot above like 35%, PER will highly rate volume scorers. His defense was horrifying and even guys like CJ Miles or rookie Waiters can chuck at 40% shooting like he did without killing their D as much.

That's just because he wouldn't stop chucking. As long as you shoot above like 35%, PER will highly rate volume scorers. His defense was horrifying and even guys like CJ Miles or rookie Waiters can chuck at 40% shooting like he did without killing their D as much.

all thats needed of him is camping out beyond the line, like Ryan Anderson did.

K.Jack

Smh, Casspi is still worthless. God I hope Azibuke can get 100% healthy so we can dump his ass.

What is this snow you people speak of ?

Some shit they play with to convince themselves that winter is actually a better thing than beach weather all year.

I need 0 days of rain, snow or anything else. Warm sun only forever, it never gets boring when my family in NY and Buffalo is crying about their medieval winters.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
People complain that it rains out in Portland too much, but at least that's Winter here at its worst for the most part.

Fuck midwest and eastcoast summers and such. When it's 80-105 out here, it's dry.

Even with all the rain in Fall and Winter, it never feels muggy or too humid to the point of wishing to die, and I only have to worry about there being too much snow once every four-to-five years. Best part? If I want an awesome snow experience, I just drive an hour east and get on Mt Hood.

If I have to add like three food groups to a food to make it good, forget it.

Yea, I'm going to roll with you're doing it wrong. If thats the case spaghetti carbonara, Mexican food, etc wouldn't exist.

Hell, great grilled cheese has a few things in it.

People complain that it rains out in Portland too much, but at least that's Winter here at its worst for the most part.

Its more of the type of rain. It a valid torrential downpour for months to keep it green. Summers are really nice, but winter was the high price of admission.

The Gordon-Davis pick-and-roll will draw enough attention for Ryno to get open. That depends on Gordon being healthy which is not close to a lock or anything though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom