• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Havent had a chance to watch a preseason game but i have a question about them.

Do coaches take preseason games seriously? I know they prefer giving out more minutes to their younger players for the games but do the "active" coaches, the ones who walk back and forth and yelling, keep on yelling and pacing around like its the season/playoffs?

Or do they only yell when players on court make really dumb mistakes?

Depends.

If you're a playoff team like the Czzzzzz playing in Europe, then they just run set plays like they would in practice.

If it's a team like the Raptors with 18 men on the roster, you coach like it's the NBA Finals to see which 3 guys you can cut.

Popasnitch took preseason games off and watched from the stands.

edit: I forgot a couple of seasons ago, Pop let Manu coach in the 4th quarter of a pre-season game in Mexico and the Spurs won by 1 point.

Played 12mins or so, had some assists and scores. Held out of second half as a precaution.

I read in the recap that not only was he winded which is understandable given how long he's been out but that he was aggressively icing it during the second half....hopefully it's just precautionary and that he's back to his old self.

Kwhit10

Gordon could easily maintain 25ppg over the season, he just has to average that before he goes down for the season in the 2nd week.

ISOM

Yeah if they want to win Kobe needs to drop to about 18 per and stop chucking 1 on 4 fuckyou balls every other posession.

if kobe averages 25+ efficiently like between 45-50 percent I don't see the problem, in the new offense kobe will be open a lot.

MSOURCES.jpg

oh please. it's all bullshit. he wants the max and you know it

Wouldn't be surprised if Harden took a little less than the max to stay in a good situation. Better to lose a little money but be in a situation where you know you'll keep your current value come your next contract.

You can get the max over at fucksville and become a number 1 option and get exposed as someone who took advantage of playing with two superstars and see your market value drop that way. It's a bigger risk.

charsace

was more about the Gordon number than Kobe. Wade at 21.5 but Gordon over 25? Please.

I can see this scenario happening. Kobe is old and has more help. Wade is getting old and injuries are effecting him so why not expand Bosh's role? Gordon is the best player on his team and is on the cusp of breaking out. Its not out of the realm of possibility.

Speaking of the Jets how come darkside is so fucking fairweather

Sanchez sucks, need a new team

Ryno got traded, love dem Hornets

dwight howard wants to be called iron man now? how long ago was this declared and what did best-gaf have to say about this?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Speaking of the Jets how come darkside is so fucking fairweather

Sanchez sucks, need a new team

Ryno got traded, love dem Hornets

Dude I'm joking.

I'm still a Magic fan. And still a Jets fan. I can't quit the pain. I just really can't watch Sanchez start another game. I'll listen to the radio call instead.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Amazon MP3 doesn't have the new Coheed. What the hell, guys.

Despite switching labels, it's still up on Rdio. Fantastic. <3 you Coheed.

How dare you.

I guess I'm going to have to go a store later and buy a CD. What the hell year is it?

Their website says it's available on Amazon?

AMAZON, AND ALL DIGITAL MUSIC SERVICES
The Afterman: Ascension is also available to buy on Amazon, and on your favorite digital music services.

Their search lists it, but the link doesn't go anywhere:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009ADROTS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Hollinger has the Spurs and Nuggets finishing #1 and #2 in the West.

dwight howard wants to be called iron man now? how long ago was this declared and what did best-gaf have to say about this?

If he comes back from this injury without ill effects and stays healthy another couple years, it's fine. Before the back injury, he's been one of the most durable centers ever.

If he comes back from this injury without ill effects and stays healthy another couple years, it's fine. Before the back injury, he's been one of the most durable centers ever.

was the iron man thing more about his durability, or because he wanted to pick a comic book character other than superman to avoid being in shaq's shadow?

was the iron man thing more about his durability, or because he wanted to pick a comic book character other than superman to avoid being in shaq's shadow?

Nickname change talking didn't seem serious at all.

Living in the shadow of AC Green seems like a better option than Shaq.

reilo

Wesley Matthews already called himself Iron Man. Not because he thought he was indestructible, but because he's a damn nerd.

I imagine Dwight got an endorsement by Marvel since IM3 is out next year.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Despite switching labels, it's still up on Rdio. Fantastic. <3 you Coheed.

It's whatever. I own all their other stuff on CD, might as well keep going.

Goodnight, Fair Lady sounds like it's from Second Stage or something. So rad.

reilo

It's whatever. I own all their other stuff on CD, might as well keep going.

Goodnight, Fair Lady sounds like it's from Second Stage or something. So rad.

Sounds more In Keeping Secrets to me. The whole album does, actually.

KingGondo

Banned
oh please. it's all bullshit. he wants the max and you know it
Sure he wants it. But he also wants to stay in OKC and he knows it's very unlikely the Thunder will be able to offer it.

"Wanting max money" and "insisting on max money as a firm negotiating position" are two different things.

If OKC "can't" offer one of the best offensive players in the NBA the same amount of money that Brook Lopez got because of luxury tax penalties, then they don't deserve to be a title team. They also "can't" because they gave their shitty frontcourt players absurd contracts which also falls on their front office which Harden shouldn't be understanding of.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Sure he wants it. But he also wants to stay in OKC and he knows it's very unlikely the Thunder will be able to offer it.

"Wanting max money" and "insisting on max money as a firm negotiating position" are two different things.

After the money they gave to Westbrook and Ibaka, Harden's gotta be feeling that a max is definitely within his right to explore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom