• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
johnhollinger
Random stuff: Hearing undrafted Sixers rookie Maalik Wayns had strong camp and could win backup PG job.

Of course this guy was on the Magic summer league team and is actually not on the Magic.

Man looking at that preseason game...holy fuck the Hornets are bad. I think there's a chance Davis might be the first guy taken #1 that didn't win RotY in some time (Wall doesn't count because he would have won if not for Blake). They just aint got shit to work with over there and its going to take him some time to play high level defense at the NBA. His O is trash right now.

I think Lillard or MKG take it. Beal has the skills to though if he gets to put up enough shots every night.

lol they love playing guys out of position over there.

Barg didnt win ROTY.

Misterhbk

Man looking at that preseason game...holy fuck the Hornets are bad. I think there's a chance Davis might be the first guy taken #1 that didn't win RotY in some time (Wall doesn't count because he would have won if not for Blake). They just aint got shit to work with over there and its going to take him some time to play high level defense at the NBA. His O is trash right now.

I think Lillard or MKG take it. Beal has the skills to though if he gets to put up enough shots every night.

lol they love playing guys out of position over there.

Austin Rivers. Watch out for that kid. He's beast

How many players have ever done that though?

He's in a situation bred for failure.

Not to mention Eric Gordon playing the 2, who is literally Rivers' ceiling and just got a max contract and has no chance of ever losing his starting position.

Rivers won't be more than a gunner if he comes off the bench because then they'll be asking him to be their first scoring option there, which is asking him to gun.

So the only alternative is him being a starting 1 on a team that can't score, and you think he's going to want to fascilitate?

Fuckball.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
He's in a situation bred for failure.

Not to mention Eric Gordon playing the 2, who is literally Rivers' ceiling and just got a max contract and has no chance of ever losing his starting position.

Rivers won't be more than a gunner if he comes off the bench because then they'll be asking him to be their first scoring option there, which is asking him to gun.

So the only alternative is him being a starting 1 on a team that can't score, and you think he's going to want to fascilitate?

Fuckball.

Being Eric Gordon's backup is the same thing as being a starter

Frankman will be back, just in time for the regular season to start.

Knicks-Age trolling will be back at full strength.

cantwait.gif

Misterhbk

Being Eric Gordon's backup is the same thing as being a starter

Will Eric Gordon even play at the start of the season? I thought they said something about an injury bothering him? Either way, it's only a matter of time before he's injured again tbh and then Rivers can shine.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I ain't losing that bet, DY.

... :(

ibtXEhYOMSO1lB.gif

diehard

Fleer
We all said it that Cuban really didn't want Deron to be here. He wasn't lying when he said that he didn't like the idea of just taking D-will and not having any other players on the team. I agree with the path that cubes took.

well.. you certainly bought into that.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
We all said it that Cuban really didn't want Deron to be here. He wasn't lying when he said that he didn't like the idea of just taking D-will and not having any other players on the team. I agree with the path that cubes took.

I must have missed Dirk's retirement speech.

Tank now, then scoop up some uber talented malcontent in the next year or two.

Tank now, then scoop up some uber talented malcontent in the next year or two.

They'll be 6th/7th seed playoff team for a few seasons maybe miss the playoffs and then blow it up. Dirk will be out of the league before they get a high pick or another star. No one is desperate to pair up with old man Dirk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom