• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirk is on his way out, he'll be regulated to just a role player in a year or so. As much as I like Dirk, he's starting to slow way down and just won't be able to do much by the time his contract is up.

If Cubes wasted his money on getting Dwill, the Mavs would have been a mediocre team and not have a chance to get good draft picks, plus no cap space to build around Dwill until Dirk retired or got a new contract. The way the Mavs are currently constructed, we can still sign players like James Harden or Chris Paul depending on what happens with him, and if they suck they'll probably have a chance to get a lower pick than they normally do.

Either way you look at it, the Mavs were going to be screwed after the Finals run anyways.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I believe, it just depends if Cubes gives an effort to get them signed.

Harden and Paul? lol no

At this point, you're looking at signing up and coming young UPSIDE question mark type players. A bunch at once - and letting Old Dirk try and reign them in.

You're probably not going to get an all-star.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
http://solecollector.com/news/first-look-dwyane-wade-x-li-ning-signature-shoe/

Dwyane Wade's new shoes....umm his logo looks like....

Li-Ning-Wade-02(2).jpg

180px-Greendalelogo.png

a butthole.

he's just giving props to his fashion influences

vidstillthreesams.jpg

Harden and Paul? lol no

At this point, you're looking at signing up and coming young UPSIDE question mark type players. A bunch at once - and letting Old Dirk try and reign them in.

Okay, so Tyreke Evans future?

lmao they aren't even close to being in the Cats/Magic class as far as the tank is concerned.

of course not, but when your hollowed out team is ageing rapidly and guaranteed a first or second round playoff exit till they pick up another superstar, what's the benefit of playing to win...and playing yourself out of a decent draft pick?

Higgy

So whenever Direct TV gets around to carrying TWC Laker channel I'm under the assumption that it will only be available to the southern California region? It would be nice not to have to pay 180 dollars for league pass.

DY_nasty

no one is close to the Magic

i'd honestly be surprised if they won more than 5 games.

I wish I could make the bet, but I already got one with adam.

I don't think Orlando will have the worst record in the league this year. Not sure who will, but I doubt it's Orlando.

Harden and Paul? lol no

I dont see LMA wanting to stick around in Portland, putting work in night after night and going nowhere. entering his late 20s too, he doesnt want to be part of some half decade long rebuilding process. plus the dude is from Dallas..

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I dont see LMA wanting to stick around in Portland, putting work in night after night and going nowhere. entering his late 20s too, he doesnt want to be part of some half decade long rebuilding process. plus the dude is from Dallas..

Deron is from Dallas, too.

KingJ2002

"Player is from hometown city"

Usually does not matter

exactly... usually players don't have much reason to want to go back to where they came from... especially knowing they're going to see the same people expecting handouts, same girls.. the same shit.

but i do agree that the mavs have a better shot with bringing in young talent than trying to recruit players in their prime.

Dirk got his ring and proved he's elite... he won't win another one unless cuban lucks out and gets Dwight next year.

Jamison with a -20 in 17 minutes in his first Laker action.

If Tristan Thompson can be Taj Gibson-good this year, the Cavs may make the playoffs with the massive addition by subtraction they have going on.

exactly... usually players don't have much reason to want to go back to where they came from... especially knowing they're going to see the same people expecting handouts, same girls.. the same shit.

but i do agree that the mavs have a better shot with bringing in young talent than trying to recruit players in their prime.

Dirk got his ring and proved he's elite... he won't win another one unless cuban lucks out and gets Dwight next year.

stephen-a-smith-laugh.gif

simon-cowell-reaction-demi-lovato.gif

DY_nasty

LMA's in a much different situation. They've already assembled the young talent in Portland. Dallas has a ways to go. They're only halfway into rebuild mode.

Omega

Banned
I wish I could make the bet, but I already got one with adam.

I don't think Orlando will have the worst record in the league this year. Not sure who will, but I doubt it's Orlando.

if it's not the Magic it's the Hornets

I haven't watched them but my guess is Eric Gordon gets injured in the opening week as usual, Austin Rivers shoots them out of games and Monty wants Davis out on the perimeter according to what you guys were saying.

plus they're in the West so they won't play as many easy teams as the Magic

Jeff-DSA

damn if only Florida would have had those things

East Coast weather sucks compared to West Coast weather though. On a hot day, you practically choke on the humidity out in Florida. I hated it. Out in California, the humidity isn't nearly as bad and unless you're inland, it's pretty much always pleasant aside from feeling slightly dirty all the time from the polluted air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom